Prediction How will the Geelong Cats fare in season 2024?

Where will Geelong finish in 2024

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Where are we at next week....lose Bruhn, get SDK?

Do we give him another week off - keep Blicavs in defence again rather than risk SDK at Marvel which we know isn't great for knees

I wouldn't be surprised if both Bruhn & Ollie Henry miss - Rohan comes in up forward, and maybe Knevitt or Clohesy for Bruhn

Do we give him another week off - keep Blicavs in defence again rather than risk SDK at Marvel which we know isn't great for knees

I wouldn't be surprised if both Bruhn & Ollie Henry miss - Rohan comes in up forward, and maybe Knevitt or Clohesy for Bruhn

Yeah I missed OH.....and agree, would give SDK another week. They'll be anxious to get him back in though.

Rohan in will be a sure thing, and will be interesting to see which way they go with Bruhn's replacement. If I heard correctly both Knevitt and Clohesy went ok today.

Last edited:

Getting a margin at marvel next week is crucial.
Needing a margin but playing RossBall.

fuck my life fml GIF

Thanks for that- love it spelled out about now.
Eternal optimist here- but even I know STK have the capacity to upset us (and only us)
As an avid ladder watcher I hope we pulverise them.

Essentially if we win both we cant finish below 2nd unless either gws or port win out and beat our %.
But i think thats unlikely-gws have freo at home but then dogs at ballarat which will be really tough.
If port win tonight they should win the showdown but the freo game is 50-50 away.
In their favour is they play last rnd24 so they will know what margin they have to win by (to get 2nd). But if freo lose next week the port game becomes a final for them (drop both and they could finish 9th) so hopefully that means they beat port.

The key for us is we need to not slip up against the lyon flood and we need to win by at least 30pts next week.
Do that and we keep ports % in reach for the last round.

Essentially if we win both we cant finish below 2nd unless either gws or port win out and beat our %.
But i think thats unlikely-gws have freo at home but then dogs at ballarat which will be really tough.
If port win tonight they should win the showdown but the freo game is 50-50 away.
In their favour is they play last rnd24 so they will know what margin they have to win by (to get 2nd). But if freo lose next week the port game becomes a final for them (drop both and they could finish 9th) so hopefully that means they beat port.

The key for us is we need to not slip up against the lyon flood and we need to win by at least 30pts next week.

Thanks. as usual our destiny in our hands, even more so with the closeness.
Great to watch all games, as we do all weekend being pretty confined by circumstances, so much added interest.
I'm up and about here, with my final tip of Dees doing Port, dream come true.

Spud narkles goal hurts but we are only 2 % behind gws and 4.1 % behind port.
We need adel to be competitive vs port next week and we need a margin on st kilda. We are still close enough.

Win our last 2 games and the lowest it is possible for us to finish is 4th.

This season is on our boot and you can't ask more then that.

Get it done boys.

Home final likely
You are done here.

You have been advised by other Mods aboui this exact thing.

So perhaps now you'll pay attention.

GO Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong and % boosters in 2024 - we really haven't capitalised on those often.

If we beat St Kilda by 3 goals and West Coast by 7 goals will that be enough? Based on our season so far that's about what we'd expect.

Geelong and % boosters in 2024 - we really haven't capitalised on those often.

If we beat St Kilda by 3 goals and West Coast by 7 goals will that be enough? Based on our season so far that's about what we'd expect.

Its rough maths but according to the predictor i ran if port win the showdown by about 5 goals and beat freo by about 18 points then we would need to beat st kilda by about 40 pts and eagles by about 60 points (or 30 and 70) to pass them.
If port win by more we need a bigger margin.

So its doable but means we must hit the scoreboard next week.
Will be easier to pass gws as their % is a bit lower (and i expect they lose to dogs in any case)

Last edited:
Its rough maths but according to the predictor i ran if port win the showdown by about 5 goals and beat freo by about 18 points then we would need to beat st kilda by about 40 pts and eagles by about 50 points (or 30 and 60) to pass them.

Will be easier to pass gws as their % is a bit lower (and i expect they lose to dogs in any case)
Don't discount a showdown loss to PA. Adelaide have won the last few showdowns against the odds.

Its rough maths but according to the predictor i ran if port win the showdown by about 5 goals and beat freo by about 18 points then we would need to beat st kilda by about 40 pts and eagles by about 60 points (or 30 and 70) to pass them.

If Freo beat Port, and Bulldogs beat GWS, will we be guaranteed to finish top 2 if we simply win our last 2 matches? That is possible too.

If Freo beat Port, and Bulldogs beat GWS, will we be guaranteed to finish top 2 if we simply win our last 2 matches? That is possible too.

I don't think making up % is going to happen. Hopefully we have fired the Dockers up and they can do us a favour the next two weeks. They get the Power off the showdown too.

Us and the WB are looking like the only 2 Vic teams who can win it, can't completely rule out Carlton, they do have everything required to do it, but have fallen away big time the past 5-6 weeks.

I think this bodes well for us, if we were to get to the last day in September, give me Sydney, GWS, Brisbane, Port or Freo at the G anyday.

Yes in that scenario we are guaranteed 2nd bc none of port/freo/bris could pass us.

But i am not confident about freo beating port which is why we need % next week.

I rate port at home but I would also point out that Freo plays Adelaide oval quite well. If you're looking for an upset to tip it's not the worst

The port freo game is at optus not AO.

But freo look out of form to me.

Yeah I missed OH.....and agree, would give SDK another week. They'll be anxious to get him back in though.

Rohan in will be a sure thing, and will be interesting to see which way they go with Bruhn's replacement. If I heard correctly both Knevitt and Clohesy went ok today.
Ted got head knock so may not be able to come in?

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction How will the Geelong Cats fare in season 2024?

Back