Injury Injury thread 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Just had hernia surgery myself, 10 days ago. If he is feeling anything like me, the thought of even jogging, let alone twisting, kicking, bending over faster than an 80 year old, or lifting anything heavier than a few kgs is a long way off.

FFS, Redden hasnt even played a game in West Coast colours yet and he already looks f*cked.

Adductor and hernia surgery? Jesus Christ!

This kid better have some serious f*cken upsides.....

Bodes well for Scooter. Oh shit

Just had hernia surgery myself, 10 days ago. If he is feeling anything like me, the thought of even jogging, let alone twisting, kicking, bending over faster than an 80 year old, or lifting anything heavier than a few kgs is a long way off.
I had an umbilical hernia (belly button) fixed when I had my gall bladder removed. It took ages to feel like you could do things properly.

It was probably about 6 weeks I reckon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If worst case Redden misses the first few games, I'd be pushing Yeo into the middle, Jetta to the wing and Hill into the forward line. I don't believe just Redden being out gets Hutchings in (and I'm a fan).

FFS, Redden hasnt even played a game in West Coast colours yet and he already looks f*cked.

Adductor and hernia surgery? Jesus Christ!

This kid better have some serious f*cken upsides.....
You need to shut your negitive trap and just know redden is going to be a gun for WCE

If worst case Redden misses the first few games, I'd be pushing Yeo into the middle, Jetta to the wing and Hill into the forward line. I don't believe just Redden being out gets Hutchings in (and I'm a fan).
Even with redden in the side this is where i would want these guys playing

With Redden:

Wellingham Mackenzie McGovern
Hurn Schofield Sheppard
Jetta Priddis Gaff
Yeo Darling Duggan
Cripps Kennedy LeCras

Naitanui Redden Shuey

Ellis Sheed Masten Lycett

Sans Redden:

Wellingham Mackenzie McGovern
Hurn Schofield Sheppard
Jetta Priddis Gaff
LeCras Darling Duggan
Cripps Kennedy Hill

Naitanui Yeo Shuey

Ellis Sheed Masten Lycett

Why would Hill be out of the 22?

My best 22 forward line is:

HF Lecras McGovern Jetta
F Darling Kennedy Cripps

I Sheed Lycett Ellis Duggan

No space for Hill. Lots of quality competition this year. Hill would be first into the forward line on injury/loss of form.

My best 22 forward line is:

HF Lecras McGovern Jetta
F Darling Kennedy Cripps

I Sheed Lycett Ellis Duggan

No space for Hill. Lots of quality competition this year. Hill would be first into the forward line on injury/loss of form.
I'm not sure they are going to use Jetta in the forward 6. All indications from the club (listen to the various interviews - eg Priddis) so far have been he will likely play off the half back and wing. He is such a classy player and having his run and carry out of defence should open up our forward line which is already damaging, and with Gov or another CHF (other than Darling) in the mix there are going to be plenty of good leading and marking targets inside 50.

Hill wasn't looking like being in our B22 at the start of last season but with 40 goals it'd be a bit harsh if he got dropped round 1 in 2016. But he'll be under pressure to keep his spot just like Darling and Cripps. Although with Cavka's injury looking pretty dire we are not exactly blessed with small/med forward depth atm so it might be important for Hill to maintain/improve AFL form for when LeCras decides to retire.

I'm not sure they are going to use Jetta in the forward 6. All indications from the club (listen to the various interviews - eg Priddis) so far have been he will likely play off the half back and wing. He is such a classy player and having his run and carry out of defence should open up our forward line which is already damaging, and with Gov or another CHF (other than Darling) in the mix there are going to be plenty of good leading and marking targets inside 50.

Hill wasn't looking like being in our B22 at the start of last season but with 40 goals it'd be a bit harsh if he got dropped round 1 in 2016. But he'll be under pressure to keep his spot just like Darling and Cripps. Although with Cavka's injury looking pretty dire we are not exactly blessed with small/med forward depth atm so it might be important for Hill to maintain/improve AFL form for when LeCras decides to retire.
Gaff on one wing, Jetta on the other.

Gaff on one wing, Jetta on the other.

I won't reproduce my full team here (it's in the other thread), but the only player that would come out of my side to accommodate Hill would be Butler. Jetta would push to the HBF and Hill into the forward line.

I prefer Jetta and Cripps' speed causing damage in the forward line. Hill is unlucky and would be a walk up start in the team if not for our depth.

Given the way the game is played today, most players will play between the arcs anyway making traditional positions almost meaningless other than for KPP.

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury Injury thread 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back