Injury Injury thread 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

@miller_dj 8m8 minutes ago
The injuries keep rolling for the Eagles...Xavier Ellis out for up to eight weeks with an Achilles problem
giphy.gif

Well, thats a bit of a sh*t. Makes the decision easy for who goes out for Jetta though.

IMO Ellis is depth now. When Sharrod comes back and provided Nelson continues along as expected he wont be getting his spot back in a hurry.

All of these injuries to defenders is making me a bit hot under the collar though...

Looking on the bright side, I reckon Ellis has just come out of one of the healthiest patches in his career over the past 12 months. He's obviously learning to manage his body better these last couple of years. I don't see him retiring or being forced out at the end of the year provided he can string together another 5 or 6 games this year.

#optimist

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eagles site has it at "about six weeks". Bennell to the backline and Jetta or Masto in I guess?
Nope to that. bennell lacks composure and makes horrible decisions even with minimal heat. Not to mention that he fumbles the footy. We should have jetta in defence and nelson playing am more lockdown role.

Sheed (pectoral) 8 weeks
Brown (finger) 8 weeks
Ellis (achilles) 6-8 weeks
Mutimer (hamstring) 4 weeks
Tunbridge (back) 4 weeks
Wellingham (knee) 4 weeks
Masten (ankle) test
Jetta (calf) test
McGovern (shoulder) test

Last time I looked 18-25 includes 5 players in the best 22....

Well **** me. Hes best 18 if we are going to be picky about it and Masten too. Pretty sure the coaches don't pick 18 then randomly pick the dregs after that. They pick the best 22 players for the team they are up against and if you are in that 22 consistently then you aren't fringe.

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury Injury thread 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back