Ins & Outs vs Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out: Johns (Never want to see him near Essendon again), Slattery, Fletcher, Monfries

In: Myers, Dempsey, JJ, Neagle

Surely Dempsey doesnt need a run in Bendigo.

I would love to see JJ come in. Thought he should have come in this round (and the one before) because we get murdered in the stoppages way too often as Watson seems to be the only one who can consistently get first hands on the footy with McVeigh out.

YG that list doesn't mean jack. If it states a player is one week away it doesn't mean he is a week away from playing seniors. Knights will not bring players straight back into the seniors. I don't know how many times he has said this now. Also, i wouldn't take those figures as gospel. One example of this is how it states Lucas is 5 weeks away when he is actually atleast 6-8 weeks away.

Doesn't mean they'll be straight into the side, as pleasing as that would be. Wouldn't want them to last only a quarter or two.

Fair enough. In my own opinion it should only take one week at bendigo to get fitness up with these guys.

If they get a good 4 quarters worth of footy I mean.

Alright I think I've got it....

Neagle = Dempsey = JJ = Myers IN's
##########FOR###########
Johns = NLM = Slattery = Pears OUT's

Believe me Dempseys playing Bendigo tommorow (Today) and will come in next week.

Given the fairly obvious outcome of this years season, I think it is essential to keep playing guys like Johns, so that we get to see him fro a few games in a row. Igf he shows nothing at all then de-list him at the end of the year.

Pendlebury had 30 disposals as well. Who was more damaging Pendlebury or Watson?

Watson is to slow, has made alot of bad decisions and turnovers this year and the disposals he does get just don't hurt the opposition enough.

Maybe I'm being a little harsh on Jobe considering he does most of his work in a contested situation.

Why are you comparing Watson to Pendlebury? Watson is made to look slow because his teammates don't do enough without the ball. Shane O'Bree is as slow as Watson and you don't see any Collingwood supporters wanting him axed. Watson isn't a link player, he's a clearance winner and should be used exclusively so.

Is it. Watson is more in and under, yes. Both played on ball, both got 30 disposals.

You tell me who you'd rather have the ball in their hands?

You've missed the point again. Watson isn't a finisher, never will be. He brings other players into the game, where would Stanton be without Watson?

Re: Big test next week.

It always amazes me how people can try to predict the team changes before our VFL side has played. And the thing is most of the people who do don't even watch the VFL game themselves and have near zero knowledge about it, just judge it by the few names they see in the paper.

It's alright saying who is likely to be dropped on yesterday's performance, there's about 18 of them who you could mount an argument for. To suggest though who should come in from the VFL though is fairly ridiculous.

It always amazes me how people can try to predict the team changes before our VFL side has played. And the thing is most of the people who do don't even watch the VFL game themselves and have near zero knowledge about it, just judge it by the few names they see in the paper.

It's alright saying who is likely to be dropped on yesterday's performance, there's about 18 of them who you could mount an argument for. To suggest though who should come in from the VFL though is fairly ridiculous.

Post of the the thread.

Usually the "Ins and Outs" thread is posted within minutes of the game finishing, it amazes me.

Anyway, Bendigo are on TV at 1.00pm today, so have a look and then see who you think should or should not come in.

Anyway, Bendigo are on TV at 1.00pm today, so have a look and then see who you think should or should not come in.

Thanks for that, Merv. Was unaware we were the televised game.

That should give everyone a better indication when predicting potential team changes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

johns need to pay ff only, the ball wasn't coming down there yesterday at all so its really hard to judge him, yeah he was average but the guys doen't know if his a back or forward. He definately isn't a backman... he has played less than 20 games and they haven't been consistant start to get into the speed... It will interesting to see if he gets dropped, if so its probably his last game for us.. When the midfield isn't winning the ball its put presure on every position.... i thought laycock was worse for he amount of game time he has had and games played

Given the fairly obvious outcome of this years season, I think it is essential to keep playing guys like Johns, so that we get to see him fro a few games in a row. Igf he shows nothing at all then de-list him at the end of the year.

When does patience turn into blind foolishness?? It is precisely this sort of reasoning that has kept him on the list for too long. And it is this sort of reasoning that makes our list, at least the 22-27 year-olds, what it is today. One of Essendon's great strengths historically, has been its loyalty and solidarity as a club.. for the good of the club, loyalty can only be extended so far. I can not see how playing Johns is essential. For me, the essential move is to play guys who might make it -- neagle, etc. Johns has given us glimpses throughout his career and that is what has kept him on the list.. Glimpses are exactly what you are after with first, even second year players. If we have any nous as a club, we SHOULD expect MORE than what Johns has given us at this point after 5 or so years on the list..THe horse has bolted with Johns...

Well, If Myers, Daniher, Hooker and Bellchambers play well today, then they may get a game. All 4 have been consistantly in our best and a good week ths week should get them a game. But I'll talk more at 4.

Sorry one change....

Neagle = Dempsey = JJ = Myers IN's
##########FOR###########
Johns = NLM = Slattery = Fletcher OUT's

Dempsey is an unsure for now.....

I agree with you mate hence why i only posted who i belive should be out this week. The fact us none of us really know what the fitness levels are at the moment and most of us don't watch Bendigo play (myself included). Most people just pick their favorite players or players they would like to see play.

Post of the the thread.

Usually the "Ins and Outs" thread is posted within minutes of the game finishing, it amazes me.

Thanks for the heads up Merv! Spewing that im at work today or else i would watch it. :thumbsdown::(

In: Myers, Dempsey, Daniher
Out: Johns, Monfries, NLM.

Winders to go into the midfield where he ____ing belongs and not this defence shit.

I would be looking at the Anzac game as a bit of a pointer to a slight adjustment of where we're at

ie
P*ss Mal right off, if we're being thumped in the middle it doesn't matter whether he's there or CJ in his stead. & no, we probably don't need another tall back to come in for him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back