Game Day Intraclub Match thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Harry Jones getting centre-bounce exposure early. Keen to see how he fares today. Goals to Worpel, Moore and Henderson so far.

(from Mark McGowan)

score is 18-6

Poppy goals from a free

4 goals to 1

Has a unusual kicking action! Good first qtr buy the hawks playing alot more experinced side than the blues at the minute.

Where is everyone standing?

Has a unusual kicking action! Good first qtr buy the hawks playing alot more experinced side than the blues at the minute.

Where is everyone standing?

I am not there, sorry. :(

Watching Jones he looks like he has splayed feet (like Hodge) and they look big like Hodge's too... but he has an incredible knack of hitting targets (a lot of that i think is his decision making).

I can't say enough good stuff about Harry Jones. I just hope his size is not ever an issue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Second Quarter
Hawthorn - 7.3 - 45
Carlton - 4.2 - 26

Goals: Moore 2, Henderson, Puopolo, Worpel, Sicily, Nash

Jaeger with the first two center clearances. The man is a machine.

The second clearance helps find the ball to Nash in the pocket who kicks a snap goal from the boundary.

Again, O’Meara all over it to start the quarter, clearance in the square and using his body well with the footy!

Sicily has had a couple great kicks into the corridor, absolutely elite.

Worpel throwing his body around, getting the ball lose just inside the Blues 50. Ball clears to our fifty, and Cousins works the ball 45m out. Sicily gets the handball receive and goals.

Sicily has struggled a little bit with the high ball when one on one with Curnow.

Blues tried the switch inside their defensive 50 twice, resulting in two turnovers and marks to us. Couldn’t convert either opportunity.

Harry Jones was thrown inside the middle for a large chunk of the quarter and looked very comfortable.

Haven’t seen Scrimshaw yet.

I got here with 15min to go in the 2nd. I really like the look of Cuz. I’d be surprised if he isn’t best 22 by the end of the year.

I agree with most of the training goers when they say that Impey looks a lot fitter.

Sicily’s kicking skills would have to be the best in the league.

Just watched Sammy walk across the ground with Wingard pointing the whole way explaining something technical, which warms the heart.

Saw Tommy Mitchell limp past me in the carpark. Looked like he’d seen enough.

We seem to be a few levels above this mob and rightly so.

Are they playing the 6-6-6 stuff ? and if so how are we setting up if we are killing it in the middle, are the wingers rolling forward? are Carltons wingmen rolling back?
Just asking for a friend.:thumbsu:

Second Quarter
Hawthorn - 7.3 - 45
Carlton - 4.2 - 26

Goals: Moore 2, Henderson, Puopolo, Worpel, Sicily, Nash

Jaeger with the first two center clearances. The man is a machine.

The second clearance helps find the ball to Nash in the pocket who kicks a snap goal from the boundary.

Again, O’Meara all over it to start the quarter, clearance in the square and using his body well with the footy!

Sicily has had a couple great kicks into the corridor, absolutely elite.

Worpel throwing his body around, getting the ball lose just inside the Blues 50. Ball clears to our fifty, and Cousins works the ball 45m out. Sicily gets the handball receive and goals.

Sicily has struggled a little bit with the high ball when one on one with Curnow.

Blues tried the switch inside their defensive 50 twice, resulting in two turnovers and marks to us. Couldn’t convert either opportunity.

Harry Jones was thrown inside the middle for a large chunk of the quarter and looked very comfortable.

Haven’t seen Scrimshaw yet.

The midfield is holding up nicely!
Worpel,Cousins, Morrison are impressing.

The high ball at both ends of the ground is a concern jones taking uncontested marks,
The defense looks vulnerable to the highball one on one Curnow, McKay causing a bit of trouble.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Intraclub Match thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back