News Ivan Soldo's trade to St Kilda falls through

Remove this Banner Ad

how do the saints look in this, sell him the world to him/manager - enough for him to go FU To the club on the way out, trashing the city, not turning up to the bnf, only to pull the rug under him

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If he stays he better not rob visentini of valuable game time..

Visentini is talented but he's still a long term project. If Sweet does a knee, playing a whole season with Vis as 1st ruck puts us back to 2023 mode.

I'd expect that if Soldo gets traded out we'd be looking for an AFL experienced ruck with a rookie pick or similar. Soldo staying just solves that problem

He's a very handy backup and may even challenge for the starting spot again. Certainly not the end of the world if it doesn't go through.

I was content to keep him until a few minutes ago when I saw him post an Instagram story indicating he's at a Victorian Young Liberals event.

Closer to the Melbourne branch of the Ustaše than anyone would like to admit.

That's still a lot to pay a backup ruck. Can't see anyone going after him as their #1 so he was relying on a team like St Kilda that might've thought they could play two.

It evens out because neither Sweet or Dante would be on big money.

One thing I'm not concerned in the slightest is Port's ability to manage the cap. They're arguably the best in the league at that.

Did he ever have the medical?

Yes and he passed to my knowledge, though they're bailing because they thought they'd get him cheaper given his knee injury.

I suspect his manager has been playing funny business and it's toppled over.

Won't be surprised to see him elsewhere next year though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Soldo is as good a second ruck as there will be in the competition. Brisbane showed the importance of a ready to go solid back up this year. He can fight for a first ruck spot with sweet and play afl whenever required and do a good job. Happy to keep him unless it was a pick in the 20’s or early 30’s on offer.
Players get a shitload out of being able to train against the best. Putting Soldo, Sweet and Visentini all up against each other at training is good for all their development.

Saints only wanted to give up a future 4th at the most.

I won't.be surprised though if another team pops up late for him, just like Port popped up late for him 12 months ago.
Future 4th hahahahaha

Jesus Christ it's amazing how the Melb clubs just operate on a completely different level to the absolute bounty Rich scored from us last year.

I could be way off here, but he sounds like a shite bloke who’d be a culture killer. What little culture we have left that is.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Or someone who doesn’t give a shit so will call out Hinkleys hypocrisy?

Visentini is talented but he's still a long term project. If Sweet does a knee, playing a whole season with Vis as 1st ruck puts us back to 2023 mode.

I'd expect that if Soldo gets traded out we'd be looking for an AFL experienced ruck with a rookie pick or similar. Soldo staying just solves that problem
Im playing visentini if sweet is injured.. time to give the kid a good run at it.. we aren’t winning anything next year with this coach and coaching staff.

I think in time visentini will be our main ruck, so I want him to get as much experience as possible..

Im playing visentini if sweet is injured.. time to give the kid a good run at it.. we aren’t winning anything next year with this coach and coaching staff.

I think in time visentini will be our main ruck, so I want him to get as much experience as possible..
100%. We should not be stunting the development of Dante for this Soldo bloke.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Ivan Soldo's trade to St Kilda falls through

Remove this Banner Ad

Back