News Izak Rankine, Gold coast holding Rankine to Ransom- #FreeIzak

What will be the trade with the Suns? (Crows posters only, NO opposition supporters)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No way goldcoast will agree to that crap deal and no way Rankine will agree to go the PSD route because he'll definitely end up at one of Westcoast, North or the Bombers.
You dont get it. GC dont need to agree. He just nominates for national draft and GC get nothing. Adelaide take him with pick 5 as nobody is taking him in national draft ahead of is. So thats not happening. He is OOC so he isnt WORTH his value. Will not be pick 5 and GC know it.

We are giving up pick 5, if you think it’s not going to happen then you are delusional. We were trying to trade up to 3 to get him. It is now pick 5 and he has finally realised what he needs to do to play at the level. Pick 5 will be seen as a bargain at the end of his career
Have to agree, may be some swaps of 2nds/3rds as well.

GC have a couple of high-end Academy picks next year, they won't want to risk our 2023/1st being chewed up in a points match.

I'm not trolling....but.....firstly, Rowe is a massive tool on par with Rucci and second, how on earth can the crows prize out a talent like that without giving up pick 5 plus some? He was pick 3 in the best or second best super draft, he's 22 (i think) and going to be a star, likely multiple AA.

What would you demand for Rochele if he wanted to go home to Vic next season?

In my case if Butters wanted to go home, I'd be demanding nothing less than top 5 pick.
Rankine was playing reserves last year.

Doesn't matter when he was drafted, or who was in his draft (in an overrated draft, frankly). He's an uncontracted small forward who's selected his team for the future. We're the only side who's going to offer Gold Coast anything for him - the other option is getting nothing.

If Rachele was out of contract and a side at the bottom of the draft had given him a deal so that he chose them over all other teams - well, we'd not get value for him either.

GC have a couple of high-end Academy picks next year, they won't want to risk our 2023/1st being chewed up in a points match.
Glad you are not the list manager.

No way goldcoast will agree to that crap deal and no way Rankine will agree to go the PSD route because he'll definitely end up at one of Westcoast, North or the Bombers.
If he has $1.2m on his head and refuses to go to them?

They won't draft him. They probably won't still have available cap that far down the road.

They'd trade our first for multiple 2nds and make massive points bonuses while doing it, ffs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ahhhh… it always starts of with a “i’m not here to troll but”… and slowly but surely..

“Crap deal”
“He’ll end up at North, WC or Essendon”

Whats next you ask?.. well its generally along the lines of…

“Crows fans are delusional”

Then it normals ends with..

“You club is shit anyway and nothing will change.. you havent even got a clubroom”..

Blah, blah, blah…

In terms of a rebuilding forward line, Rachele, Rankine, Fogarty and TT is a forwardline that can win you a flag imo.

We just need the midfield sorting...
I'm noticing when people compile our future FWD line ......Thilthorpe is included

Makes me happy ....I don't want to see TT as a #1 Ruck ......2nd ruck 👍

Ahhhh… it always starts of with a “i’m not here to troll but”… and slowly but surely..

“Crap deal”
“He’ll end up at North, WC or Essendon”

Whats next you ask?.. well its generally along the lines of…

“Crows fans are delusional”

Then it normals ends with..

“You club is s**t anyway and nothing will change.. you havent even got a clubroom”..

Blah, blah, blah…

Hahaha not at all, im enjoying the chat and this board is much more pleasant than my own board.

Port board has been very angry, agitated, negative, cynical and confrontational for a number of years now. Everything turns into a scrap and the slander is appalling. I'm surprised our board hasn't been taken to court yet.

Once hinkley is gone, it will calm down.

Wasn't an interview, just commentary from Rowie
Podcast of the whole show is up.

I think his exact words were “less than pick 5” obviously meaning a pick comes back to us IF we do give up pick 5 EDIT your words were correct after listening again
In terms of a rebuilding forward line, Rachele, Rankine, Fogarty and TT is a forwardline that can win you a flag imo.

We just need the midfield sorting...
Agreed. not sure if any forward line (perhaps GWS?) has ever had 3 top 6 picks and a pick 12 (Fog). That’s serious talent. Focus on a couple of elite mids - ideally including JHF- next 2 years and things get interesting as Laird, Shoey, Soligo, Berry and hopefully Pedlar are a strong and deep supporting cast

Last edited:
The crows want rankine bad (as any club would) and if there's 10 minutes to go in the trade period and GC not budging then I guarantee crows will cough up pick 5.
Are you Reid's new advisor.

Never seen you on our board before, yet you are keen to provide your guarantees on how the Crows will trade.

Is this like a Kochie China guarantee or a Kenny will coach next year guarantee...

I'm not trolling....but.....firstly, Rowe is a massive tool on par with Rucci and second, how on earth can the crows prize out a talent like that without giving up pick 5 plus some? He was pick 3 in the best or second best super draft, he's 22 (i think) and going to be a star, likely multiple AA.
You Draft on potential .....you trade on performance, hence his value is not on future AA's .....OR his wage, which was required to lever him out of GC

How many top 10 B&F's for Rankine ? ......I'm adding some mayo, but this is how a player is valued .....Dawson was top 2 in SYD's B&F and went for #17

Hahaha not at all, im enjoying the chat and this board is much more pleasant than my own board.

Port board has been very angry, agitated, negative, cynical and confrontational for a number of years now. Everything turns into a scrap.

Once hinkley is gone, it will calm
Podcast of the whole show is up.

I think his exact words were “less than pick 5” obviously meaning a pick comes back to us IF we do give up pick 5

Agreed. not sure if any forward line (perhaps GWS?) has ever had 3 top 6 picks and a pick 12 (Fog). That’s serious talent. Focus on a couple of elite mids - ideally including JHF- next 2 years and things get interesting as Laird, Shoey, Soligo, Berry and hopefully Pedlar are a strong and deep supporting cast
No it was it will not involve giving up pick 5 and it won't

You Draft on potential .....you trade on performance, hence his value is not on future AA's .....OR his wage, which was required to lever him out of GC

How many top 10 B&F's for Rankine ? ......I'm adding some mayo, but this is how a player is valued .....Dawson was top 2 in SYD's B&F and went for #17

Everybody says we have to give up 3 first rounders or 2 firsts and Butters for JHF and he's done sweet FA.

Based on that, pick 5 for rankine seems a minimum.

Everybody says we have to give up 3 first rounders or 2 firsts and Butters for JHF and he's done sweet FA.

JHF is in contract so not comparable also a pick 1 so its political... He will give clarko one year at least I am sure.

Hint. If A is bullshit and B is like A, then B is bullshit too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back