News Izak Rankine, Gold coast holding Rankine to Ransom- #FreeIzak

What will be the trade with the Suns? (Crows posters only, NO opposition supporters)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everybody says we have to give up 3 first rounders or 2 firsts and Butters for JHF and he's done sweet FA.

Based on that, pick 5 for rankine seems a minimum.
JHF is in Contract for 2023 .....next year OOC ....no-one would suggest 2 x 1st round picks for his output this year, except NORTH

Tantrum Crying GIF

I'm not trolling....but.....firstly, Rowe is a massive tool on par with Rucci and second, how on earth can the crows prize out a talent like that without giving up pick 5 plus some? He was pick 3 in the best or second best super draft, he's 22 (i think) and going to be a star, likely multiple AA.

What would you demand for Rochele if he wanted to go home to Vic next season?

In my case if Butters wanted to go home, I'd be demanding nothing less than top 5 pick.
I think from memory we got pick 9 for Dangerfield and pick 12 for a contracted Charlie Cameron. My thinking is that once your in the system draft pick is irrelevant and performance in the AFL is what determines trade value. What would gc be asking if Rankine had been top 3 b & f the past 3 years. 3 1st round picks? Jordan Dawson as an example was a very similar case to Rankine and we handed over pick 17. I'm not saying we shouldn't pay up for Rankine but anything less than pick 12 is overs in my opinion. The media look at what draft pick we have and say the club should hand it over. It's lazy journalism. If we had pick 1 they would be saying we should hand that over. Trading doesn't work that way.

Last edited:
A Port poster worried we may not get Rankine, peak madness already and trade period has not even begun lol.
It's the Hinkley Effect ... must be worse than we thought.

Yep...

Hahaha not at all, im enjoying the chat and this board is much more pleasant than my own board.
Once hinkley is gone, it will calm down.

Port board has been very angry, agitated, negative, cynical and confrontational for a number of years now. Everything turns into a scrap and the slander is appalling. I'm surprised our board hasn't been taken to court yet.

Have to agree, may be some swaps of 2nds/3rds as well.

GC have a couple of high-end Academy picks next year, they won't want to risk our 2023/1st being chewed up in a points match.
I don't get this - they're going to need points to match bids on their players so our 2023 r1 pick would be great for that. If bids come in before what our pick would be, they could probably trade it out on draft night to another who's keen on an early pick for maybe even more points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think from memory we got pick 9 for Dangerfield and pick 12 for a contracted Charlie Cameron. My thinking is that once your in the system draft pick is irrelevant and performance in the AFL is what determines trade value. What would gc be asking if Rankine had been top 3 b & f the past 3 years. 3 1st round picks? Jordan Dawson as an example was a very similar case to Rankine and we handed over pick 17. I'm not saying we shouldn't pay up for Rankine but anything less than pick 12 is overs in my opinion. The media look at what draft pick we have and say the club should hand it over. It's lazy journalism. If we had pick 1 they would be saying we should hand that over. Trading doesn't work that way.
No, we gave them a first tied to Melbourne. it was a lucky dip. Could very well have been a top 10 pick if Melbourne tanked.

Everybody says we have to give up 3 first rounders or 2 firsts and Butters for JHF and he's done sweet FA.

Based on that, pick 5 for rankine seems a minimum.
Honestly couldn't give a toss was allegedly everyone is saying about Port's trading... which has NOTHING to do with the Crows' trading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back