Strategy Jason Horne-Francis: North trade him to Port for massive unders

Easy, it’s pronounced

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Than JHF? Lol
Rachele started the odd qtr in the centre square but then heads forward.
"both AFL and under age"

Both played predominantly as mids in juniors. Once JHF went to SANFL level, he went more half forward. Rachele did in his final year also, but not as much as JHF. At AFL level both hybrid mid/fwd.

So Rachele. Just. (and wouldn't have been if JHF had played in U18s instead of SANFL)

"both AFL and under age"

Both played predominantly as mids in juniors. Once JHF went to SANFL level, he went more half forward. Rachele did in his final year also, but not as much as JHF. At AFL level both hybrid mid/fwd.

So Rachele. Just. (and wouldn't have been if JHF had played in U18s instead of SANFL)
Same with Rankine played half forward/forward pocket for Westies League team....if he played SANFL U18's he'd have been Wests no.1 starting midfielder.

Rachele missed a whole year of football in his development Horne-Francis didn't.

At the U16's level before Rachele missed a whole year of development he was awarded the Kevin Sheahan Medal (M.V.P.) as the most outstanding player of the Carnival. JHF played in that Carnival also.

I watched almost every game Rankine and Horne-Francis played as 17 and 18 year olds and to my eye Rankine was more impressive than Horne-Francis

MIDFIELDERS

YOUSEPH DIB (Vic Metro / Oakleigh Chargers): Small midfielder who wins his own ball and uses it well on either foot. Creative player who averaged 19 disposals (11 contested possessions), 7.3 tackles and 3.7 clearances across the championships.

BRODIE LAKE (Northern Territory): Tall running wingman or flanker who covers the ground with his running capability, enabling him to get to contest after contest. Averaged 18.7 disposals (13 contested possessions), 5.3 clearances, 4 tackles, 4 inside-50s and 1 goal on his way to winning NT’s MVP award.

TOBY CONWAY (Vic Country / Geelong Falcons): Developing ruckman who emerged as the Championships unfolded, playing his best game in Round 3 against South Australia to be among his team’s best contributors with his clean hands and impressive ruck craft. Averaged 16 hitouts per game and a disposal efficiency of 70% and looks to have significant further physical development in him.

TYLER SONSIE (Vic Metro / Eastern Ranges): Medium midfielder who had an outstanding championships, winning Vic Metro’s MVP award as he averaged 22.7 disposals, 3.3 clearances and 3.3 tackles. A prolific ball-winner with natural goal sense, he kicked 4 goals against Western Australia in the deciding game to help assure his team of the title.

JOSH RACHELE (Vic Country / Murray Bushrangers - pictured, second from left): Small midfielder/forward who was a prolific ball-winner throughout the championships, averaging 26 disposals, 4.3 marks, 2.3 clearances and 4 tackles. A clean ball-handler who is elusive and creative, he won Vic Country’s MVP award as well as the Kevin Sheehan Medal for the Best and Fairest player in Division One.

BEN HOBBS (Vic Country / GWV Rebels - pictured, right): Medium midfielder who has a good balance between winning his own ball and providing run on the outside. Was a prolific ball-winner in the championships, averaging 25.7 disposals (11 contested possessions), 6.7 tackles, 5 clearances and a goal a game.

FORWARDS

JASON HORNE (South Australia): Medium forward/midfielder who captained South Australia and won their MVP award. Averaged 17.7 disposals (9 contested possessions), 4.3 marks, 6 tackles and 4 clearances across the championships.

SAM STENING (New South Wales): Lightly-built key forward who can be difficult to defend because he marks the ball at the highest point and also has the athleticism to recover at ground level. Averaged 15.3 disposals (8 contested possessions), 5 marks, 3.7 shots on goal and 2 assists.

BLAKE HOWES (Vic Metro / Sandringham Dragons): Medium forward who can mark the ball overhead and recover and win it at ground level. A very good finisher who averaged 12.7 disposals (6.7 contested possessions), 3.7 inside-50s and 1.7 goals a game.

NOAH McFADYEN (Queensland): Medium forward with clean hands overhead and at ground level and an exceptional kick for goal. Kicked 8 goals vs Northern Territory to cap off his championships and averaged 10.3 disposals, 5.3 marks and 4.7 goals. Younger brother of Brisbane Lions player Connor McFadyen.

ALEX LUKIC (Vic Metro / Oakleigh Chargers): Mobile tall forward with outstanding goal sense averaging 3 goals per game from his 9.7 disposals and 2 marks. Kicked 5 goals against Western Australia and 4 against Vic Country in a productive championships for a forward.

ISAIAH DUDLEY (South Australia): Small forward with clean hands and innate goal sense. Averaged 18 disposals. 1.7 goals and 8 tackles across the championships, with his 27 disposals and 4 goals in his team’s opening win over Western Australia outstanding.
what ever happened to brodie lake? seemed to have a real nice aggressive streak I liked.

Think you missed the point.

JHF is an entitled brat - play your contract out, it is that simple.
So many players demand trades while under contract, only difference here is he didn't exactly have an option when taking this contract.

I think his character is a little suspect but there's no question on the talent and we'd be over the moon had he selected us and not Port.

what ever happened to brodie lake? seemed to have a real nice aggressive streak I liked.
Currently struggling for a kick in the WAFL League/Reserves, seemed to lose all confidence when he missed getting drafted in successive drafts.

So many players demand trades while under contract, only difference here is he didn't exactly have an option when taking this contract.

I think his character is a little suspect but there's no question on the talent and we'd be over the moon had he selected us and not Port.

Yes I forgot, he was an 18 year old kid entering an adult competition.

FMD, he needs to grow a set!

Because you can't get a #1 pick who is contracted without giving up something good.
This.

I said it earlier. JHF will cost a top 5 pick and a top 10 draft pick player, plus extra.

Laughable that people are offering up a 1st and some player that no one cares about like Mcasey, Sholl or Butts.

It would take our first, 23 and Rachele or TT.

And even then it won't happen because he doesn't want to come to us.

Taking the piss surely?
1 game in single figure disposals (16.5 average) in his first year in one of the worst teams known to man.
You obviously didn’t watch him play - numbers don’t tell the full story. He was very poor when played in the midfield and dropped from the worst team known to man as a result. Played a lot better at half forward.

Also played a lot of his junior footy at half forward, which is where Port will be playing him for the next 2-3 years (until both of Wines and Boak are gone) to replace the likes of Gray (retired), Rozee (into the midfield), Motlop (retired).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McAdam and Keays to gold coast for Rankine. Probably a pick as well.

5 and future first to North for JHF. No player is going to agree to go to North.

I think that this works better for us if north hold him until next year and we go 2023 and 2024 firsts and a fringe player.

You obviously didn’t watch him play - numbers don’t tell the full story. He was very poor when played in the midfield and dropped from the worst team known to man as a result. Played a lot better at half forward.

Also played a lot of his junior footy at half forward, which is where Port will be playing him for the next 2-3 years (until both of Wines and Boak are gone) to replace the likes of Gray (retired), Rozee (into the midfield), Motlop (retired).
Surprising he’s going to fetch an extreme amount then.

we can all come up with hypothethicals for horne but do we actually want him or do we just want pear not to have him?
I think we'd all like him but some (me included) aren't into paying way way overs which IMO our 2 1sts and a required player is just that. It's ridiculous.

This.

I said it earlier. JHF will cost a top 5 pick and a top 10 draft pick player, plus extra.

Laughable that people are offering up a 1st and some player that no one cares about like Mcasey, Sholl or Butts.

It would take our first, 23 and Rachele or TT.

And even then it won't happen because he doesn't want to come to us.
If it were up to me, I’d do JHF for Rachelle & your F1 right now and stick it up those Alberton gimps.

If it were up to me, I’d do JHF for Rachelle & your F1 right now and stick it up those Alberton gimps.
Of course you would...

No Deal Mj GIF by Adelaide Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Jason Horne-Francis: North trade him to Port for massive unders

Back