Strategy Jason Horne-Francis: North trade him to Port for massive unders

Easy, it’s pronounced

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Bloke I know is a big North supporter, sponsors players, hobnobs with board members, seems pretty in the know...Saw him today and he says North are fed up with Port lowballing them. They're willing to keep JHF for another year but are deep in discussions with AFC to see if we can offer something better right now.

Pfffft we wish

How are we going to have enough trade/draft capital if Port don't?

A port supporter on the main board posted this
From a good source: Port deal has fallen through but JHF still wants to come home.

Crows are putting a deal together (will need to trade one of their young stars).
How has the deal fallen over exactly?

The current collateral put forward might not get it done but there's still 3 days for Powa to work to convince a Victorian player of theirs to head home, if not to North whoever gets them the collateral to get it done. Then there's Georgiades who I doubt they'd have too hard a job to convince to head home to WA if they get desperate enough in their purasuit of Horne-Francis.

How has the deal fallen over exactly?

The current collateral put forward might not get it done but there's still 3 days for Powa to work to convince a Victorian player of theirs to head home, if not to North whoever gets them the collateral to get it done. Then there's Georgiades who I doubt they'd have too hard a job to convince to head home to WA if they get desperate enough in their purasuit of Horne-Francis.
I agree with you, I don’t believe the poster, but thought I’d just post it here since it came from a port fan

I thought he'd have more respect for us considering we tried to get him before the draft last year.

Unless the reports of him wanting nothing to do with us are all bs.

My guess is he does really want to go to Port but I think the 'nothing to do with us' is more his Manager trying to not leave any door open and try to focus North on getting the deal done with Port.

we can all come up with hypothethicals for horne but do we actually want him or do we just want pear not to have him?
Thread start date and talk for the entire season would say yes.

That said, it's a bloody high cost for someone who didn't really show why they went pick #1 which makes it harder to justify giving up something to the offer we gave last season.

If it were up to me, I’d do JHF for Rachelle & your F1 right now and stick it up those Alberton gimps.
What I’d love is to see you hold onto him.. have Clarko coach him next year and change his mind.. have him re-sign and enjoy footy under the best coach in the league..

but unfortunately there are so many hurdles that need to be jumped before that all can occur...

Giving up last years pick 1 is an absolute nightmare for any club to have to deal with. certainly don’t envy you North supporters right now.

A port supporter on the main board posted this
From a good source: Port deal has fallen through but JHF still wants to come home.

Crows are putting a deal together (will need to trade one of their young stars).

"One of"

If we had a bunch of those we wouldn't need JHF

What I’d love is to see you hold onto him.. have Clarko coach him next year and change his mind.. have him re-sign and enjoy footy under the best coach in the league..

but unfortunately there are so many hurdles that need to be jumped before that all can occur...

Giving up last years pick 1 is an absolute nightmare for any club to have to deal with. certainly don’t envy you North supporters right now.
I agree, I think the best thing for JHF is to go back to North, toughen up and see out his contract. Request a trade next year if he still feels the same way. The way he’s acted this season and now requesting a trade after his first year, he’s put a massive target on his back, players will be giving him shit week in week out, I fear for his mental health down the track and if this is his step father had any role to play in this as per rumours, then he’s received some very shit career advice

Rachele missed a whole year of football in his development Horne-Francis didn't.

At the U16's level before Rachele missed a whole year of development he was awarded the Kevin Sheahan Medal (M.V.P.) as the most outstanding player of the Carnival. JHF played in that Carnival also.

I watched almost every game Rankine and Horne-Francis played as 17 and 18 year olds and to my eye Rankine was more impressive than Horne-Francis

MIDFIELDERS

YOUSEPH DIB (Vic Metro / Oakleigh Chargers): Small midfielder who wins his own ball and uses it well on either foot. Creative player who averaged 19 disposals (11 contested possessions), 7.3 tackles and 3.7 clearances across the championships.

BRODIE LAKE (Northern Territory): Tall running wingman or flanker who covers the ground with his running capability, enabling him to get to contest after contest. Averaged 18.7 disposals (13 contested possessions), 5.3 clearances, 4 tackles, 4 inside-50s and 1 goal on his way to winning NT’s MVP award.

TOBY CONWAY (Vic Country / Geelong Falcons): Developing ruckman who emerged as the Championships unfolded, playing his best game in Round 3 against South Australia to be among his team’s best contributors with his clean hands and impressive ruck craft. Averaged 16 hitouts per game and a disposal efficiency of 70% and looks to have significant further physical development in him.

TYLER SONSIE (Vic Metro / Eastern Ranges): Medium midfielder who had an outstanding championships, winning Vic Metro’s MVP award as he averaged 22.7 disposals, 3.3 clearances and 3.3 tackles. A prolific ball-winner with natural goal sense, he kicked 4 goals against Western Australia in the deciding game to help assure his team of the title.

JOSH RACHELE (Vic Country / Murray Bushrangers - pictured, second from left): Small midfielder/forward who was a prolific ball-winner throughout the championships, averaging 26 disposals, 4.3 marks, 2.3 clearances and 4 tackles. A clean ball-handler who is elusive and creative, he won Vic Country’s MVP award as well as the Kevin Sheehan Medal for the Best and Fairest player in Division One.

BEN HOBBS (Vic Country / GWV Rebels - pictured, right): Medium midfielder who has a good balance between winning his own ball and providing run on the outside. Was a prolific ball-winner in the championships, averaging 25.7 disposals (11 contested possessions), 6.7 tackles, 5 clearances and a goal a game.

FORWARDS

JASON HORNE (South Australia): Medium forward/midfielder who captained South Australia and won their MVP award. Averaged 17.7 disposals (9 contested possessions), 4.3 marks, 6 tackles and 4 clearances across the championships.

SAM STENING (New South Wales): Lightly-built key forward who can be difficult to defend because he marks the ball at the highest point and also has the athleticism to recover at ground level. Averaged 15.3 disposals (8 contested possessions), 5 marks, 3.7 shots on goal and 2 assists.

BLAKE HOWES (Vic Metro / Sandringham Dragons): Medium forward who can mark the ball overhead and recover and win it at ground level. A very good finisher who averaged 12.7 disposals (6.7 contested possessions), 3.7 inside-50s and 1.7 goals a game.

NOAH McFADYEN (Queensland): Medium forward with clean hands overhead and at ground level and an exceptional kick for goal. Kicked 8 goals vs Northern Territory to cap off his championships and averaged 10.3 disposals, 5.3 marks and 4.7 goals. Younger brother of Brisbane Lions player Connor McFadyen.

ALEX LUKIC (Vic Metro / Oakleigh Chargers): Mobile tall forward with outstanding goal sense averaging 3 goals per game from his 9.7 disposals and 2 marks. Kicked 5 goals against Western Australia and 4 against Vic Country in a productive championships for a forward.

ISAIAH DUDLEY (South Australia): Small forward with clean hands and innate goal sense. Averaged 18 disposals. 1.7 goals and 8 tackles across the championships, with his 27 disposals and 4 goals in his team’s opening win over Western Australia outstanding.
did you mean Rachelle and not Rankine?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely JHF has burned his bridges at NM. He wouldn't have the support of team mates and especially fans if he was forced to stay. He didn't seem to be warmly embraced before all this went down.

Just posturing imho. He'll be traded to Port this week, NM are just trying to squeeze a bit more

Surely JHF has burned his bridges at NM. He wouldn't have the support of team mates and especially fans if he was forced to stay. He didn't seem to be warmly embraced before all this went down.

Just posturing imho. He'll be traded to Port this week, NM are just trying to squeeze a bit more
I doubt they're "just posturing" personally...they'll hope to do a Tom Papley if they don't get a decent player in the deal.

Would be a good life’s lesson for him

Of course you would...

No Deal Mj GIF by Adelaide Crows
Absolutely beat me to it.

Dunkley went aggressive to try and get to Essendon last year, however had to go back to WB and then won their BnF this year .

On CPH2211 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Long term he’ll be a great mid. Short term he’ll be a solid half forward flanker.

He was excellent in the middle for the first 4-5 weeks (probably the most natural clearance player at the club) in an absolute dogsh*t set-up by the coach. I don't think he got a possession that he didn't have to go and win himself, so I'm not surprised it wore him down.

After the first two months it all went downhill from a body language point of view (and as the team got worse and worse) but it's very wrong to say he wasn't any good as a midfielder. He also played two games at VFL level and was several classes above that level. He's a very natural stoppage player.

so he’d be less motivated to stick it out as he’s achieved the ultimate and earnt a lot of coin in the process
Less a pariah in front of team mates and fans as he's earned their respect and unquestionably put in the yards for the club

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Jason Horne-Francis: North trade him to Port for massive unders

Back