Traded Jason Horne-Francis [to Port Adelaide in multi-club trade]

Remove this Banner Ad

Are GWS looking to use picks 3, 12, 15, 18 and 19 purely for the draft? Or do they want to get some players in via trade?

Maybe we could upgrade pick 33 or 43 for one those later picks and offer up Byrne-Jones or Bonner?

We genuinely need to trade away a player for 2nd round. Can't see it happening another way.

Hayes, Drew, Bonner, DBJ, Farrell. DBJ with most value in that lot perhaps as an All-Australian and club BnF although he was off it best this year. I know he just resigned but yeah either him or Drew

In all seriousness North have actually done fine out of this deal. So have West Coast. GWS showed up, bent over and handed over the lube to make it work for everyone else, and I salute them for it.
Yeah I think north have done well. What more can you hope for to get for a player that wants out than a similar pick + a future 1st on top. That’s a good deal.

Also west coast, despite people knocking them to get out of pick 2 and the private school vic boys and into hewett territory , whose not far behind, if at all those vic boys plus get another pick. That’s good for them.

Ports given up a lot, but the fact we get future 2nds and 3rds back helps a lot,

In the end rozee butters jhf Bergman sinn to look forward too in our midfield.

I really rate that group of players as a future midfield. High end young talent there.

Or take the 3 first rounders offered for the pick and pick 3 locals.
It's a national comp, you pick the best player, did Chicago worry that Michael Jordan would go back home, it's a professional sport, the sooner the AFL puts an academy team in Canberra in their final year to play in the vfl the better, and ups the age, where only first round picks can be 18, 2nd, 3rd, 4th round should be 19, and up first round contracts to a minimum 4 years the better for the comp.

If Horne Francis leaves the club who wants him will need to offer a top 5 pick and a gun under 23 or two older guns. Maybe Collingwood offer degoey and Grundy at the end of the year

You might not have taken Rachelle. Pick 6 + Pick 18 + top 5 pick for pick 1 + pick 20 is a no brainer to me.

I said it then and I stand by it now.
Josh Ward or Josh Gibcus would have been an excellent picks for North, plus using two top 5 picks to use this season when it's an elite Talls draft. Would have been so much better for them.

It's a national comp, you pick the best player, did Chicago worry that Michael Jordan would go back home, it's a professional sport, the sooner the AFL puts an academy team in Canberra in their final year to play in the vfl the better, and ups the age, where only first round picks can be 18, 2nd, 3rd, 4th round should be 19, and up first round contracts to a minimum 4 years the better for the comp.

If Horne Francis leaves the club who wants him will need to offer a top 5 pick and a gun under 23 or two older guns. Maybe Collingwood offer degoey and Grundy at the end of the year
De Goey and Grundy? I just threw up

Afl really needs to look at fairness. Top 5 draft pick = 4 year contract. On another note father son rule while a nice rule doesn't help even up the comp, which is what the draft is meant for

Afl really needs to look at fairness. Top 5 draft pick = 4 year contract. On another note father son rule while a nice rule doesn't help even up the comp, which is what the draft is meant for
The father son rule is one of the great rules of our game, it's what footy is all about, seeing generations of families play.

I agree with the draft picks and 4 or 5 years, players know they need to be fair dinkum to enter the draft and can't do a scrimshaw and just see out time for 2 years.

To me Horne Francis is a Buckley clone, any club that wants him will pay out the warz for him, next year. Adelaide have a bare cupboard, they can't give up Rochelle or thillithorpe, there's nothing else there.

Port could trade one of their older stars like a wines, young ruck Hayes and their first pick

But you're going to have give up big, like clubs did for Judd and Kelly

The father son rule is one of the great rules of our game, it's what footy is all about, seeing generations of families play.

I agree with the draft picks and 4 or 5 years, players know they need to be fair dinkum to enter the draft and can't do a scrimshaw and just see out time for 2 years.

To me Horne Francis is a Buckley clone, any club that wants him will pay out the warz for him, next year. Adelaide have a bare cupboard, they can't give up Rochelle or thillithorpe, there's nothing else there.

Port could trade one of their older stars like a wines, young ruck Hayes and their first pick

Why would North want Sam Hayes? They have CCJ, Xerri, Comben, and Edwards. Port have many other good young players that would be of interest: Butters, Duursma, Rozee, Marshall, Bergman, Bonner, Williams.

Father son bids should have to be matched by picks in the round they are bid on to achieve the points total to make a club getting the father son pay up fair and not a heap of junk picks. Ie will ashcroft if attracting a pick 1 bid, brisbane need to match the bid with 1st round picks or miss out so they need to wheel and deal to get enough 1sts to cover a bid. Just a thought

Why would North want Sam Hayes? They have CCJ, Xerri, Comben, and Edwards. Port have many other good young players that would be of interest: Butters, Duursma, Rozee, Marshall, Bergman, Bonner, Williams.
Xerri isn't AFL standard, the others are fwds that can have a run the ruck, port aren't going to give up rozee, butters, Marshall,

Father son bids should have to be matched by picks in the round they are bid on to achieve the points total to make a club getting the father son pay up fair and not a heap of junk picks. Ie will ashcroft if attracting a pick 1 bid, brisbane need to match the bid with 1st round picks or miss out so they need to wheel and deal to get enough 1sts to cover a bid. Just a thought
Agreed, I’ll add the additional point of within 10 picks of the bid.
Brisbane would have to trade up to pick 10/11 to match.

Hayes is way better than all of them, and port can’t trade their only young ruck who looked like being a star.

Also why on earth would port trade away very good players like most of the ones you’ve named?

Every year players are traded for picks. Why wouldn’t port just offer draft picks?

Hayes is way better than all of them, and port can’t trade their only young ruck who looked like being a star.

Also why on earth would port trade away very good players like most of the ones you’ve named?

Every year players are traded for picks. Why wouldn’t port just offer draft picks?
By what metric?

Btw Xerri doesn't attend as many ruck contests as he could so the hitouts stat is skewed.

On another note, I wouldn't want someone like Butters or Rozee because A. They are both hot or cold players and B. We have enough players in those molds. Give me a KPP

By what metric?

Btw Xerri doesn't attend as many ruck contests as he could so the hitouts stat is skewed.

On another note, I wouldn't want someone like Butters or Rozee because A. They are both hot or cold players and B. We have enough players in those molds. Give me a KPP
Are you for real..Butters is a star. Rozee has been flakey but is playing well now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More important than that is having a fair competition
Why force a player to stay at a team years more than they want to be there

Because it's not about players, it's about a fair competition for all clubs. You don't want to play somewhere you don't want to be? Then don't enter the draft

More important than that is having a fair competition

Because it's not about players, it's about a fair competition for all clubs. You don't want to play somewhere you don't want to be? Then don't enter the draft

If the players is going to leave anyway. Generally to a home state.

Do you want unhappy players?

Doesn't sound great for a rebuilding culture such as a north to have the best asset uninterested

100% take the best player.

Port wouldn't have Wines.
GWS wouldn't have Kelly.
Freo wouldn't have Brayshaw
Blues wouldn't have Cripps
Dees wouldn't have Jackson
Suns wouldn't have Rowell

These are all early picks that moved state.

GWS wouldn't have Kelly.

Not many difference makers in regards to winning flags.

Wce won with few high picks. Collingwood got to a gf

Still failed to win outside Jackson who didn't matter to Melbourne.

Cripps was pick 13 doesn't help your argument

lol failed!! They are the best players in the comp.

Such a stupid arguement - don't take the clear best player in the draft if they are from another state.

GWS wouldn't have Kelly.

Cripps waa actually a controversial pick at the time for many Blues fans who wanted McCarthy (thank God for that) who ended up better than any of our Number 1 picks we got previously.

We have had good luck with picking out WQ Talent over the years (Jack Carroll looks a player).

No club should be gunshy for drafting interstate players, you back your club and culture to keep them (of course some will go home for family reasons)

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jason Horne-Francis [to Port Adelaide in multi-club trade]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back