Recommitted Josh Kelly [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

I would think the North folks would realise sooner or later that the other clubs (St Kilda, Carlton and Essendon) are (mostly) not going after each others throats, despite everyone being desperate for Kelly to strengthen our less than adequate midfields. It is ONLY North that are behaving in such a juvenile manner, lashing out at any opinion that he is going somewhere other than their club.

It's very strange to be honest.
Lol, no. I can quote all the vitriol and juvenile garbage about north from your own board. Crap about Tassie, relocation, the infamous (and overrated) norf and even Daw's legal case was mentioned in this thread. Juvenile can be easily applied to the north, Carlton, Richmond and st kilda posters, just ask poor dlanod who has to moderate this poor excuse of a thread.

None of the interested club's posters have covered themselves in glory on the subject of Josh Kelly.

Fwiw, all the club's involved in the Kelly trade of course have a equal chance, as we don't have the facts yet.

I wonder why north need to offer double what GWS have offered Kelly. You'd think Kelly would sign up for far less than that because of his supposed love for north.
Are North overly desperate for his signature or did they need to make a mega offer to blow other clubs out of the race? It would be funny if Kelly knocked them back anyway.
If that is the case why did dusty sign a 1.3 million dollar deal if he loves the Tigers so much. you do it to set yourself up for after footy.

What would you expect North to give up in return?

Two first-rounders? Pick 4 this year and whatever you have in 2018?

Yep sounds fair enough.
We have been interested in Kelly for a long time.

Either that or pick 4 + a player.
Maybe even a 3 way trade involving another club.

He isn't staying at GWS at this point.
So it all comes down to who Kelly nominates.
I think he's a big chance to nominate us.

Of course they can.

Then he can chase the big money at the end of 2019. He'll still have a shitload of options at that stage. But if premierships are an incentive, then it makes infinitely more sense to sign a two-year deal and stay at GWS.

OK, champ. Let's write them off for the next two years based on a lean patch of form, despite them having an absolute blue-chip list.

These are ridiculous arguments.

No one is leaving GWS because of doubts about the list or the likelihood of them playing finals and challenging in the next two seasons. If Kelly goes, it will be for other reasons.

Well, if there's a cliche about it, it must be true. You convinced me!

Wow! Someone that can't handle a differing viewpoint.

Whatever floats your boat. My opinion remains my opinion and certain facts remain as facts.

The fact is they don't play like a team and my opinion is that they won't win because of it. Your obnoxious and self-righteous disproval isn't going to change it.

Yep sounds fair enough.
We have been interested in Kelly for a long time.

Either that or pick 4 + a player.
Maybe even a 3 way trade involving another club.

He isn't staying at GWS at this point.
So it all comes down to who Kelly nominates.
I think he's a big chance to nominate us.

I hope he nominates us personally.

Wow! Someone that can't handle a differing viewpoint.
I can handle it. I just think the way you're bending over backwards to write off GWS's flag chances for the next two seasons smacks of desperation.

Whatever floats your boat. My opinion remains my opinion and certain facts remain as facts.
I'm not sure what facts you're talking about.

What you've offered so far is an absurdly skewed account of GWS's prospects, spliced with cliches and wishful thinking.

The fact is they don't play like a team and my opinion is that they won't win because of it. Your obnoxious and self-righteous disproval isn't going to change it.
They might not win this year.

But they are better placed to have a crack in 2018-19 than any team trying to poach Kelly. So if on-field success in the immediate future is one of his criteria, that would favour GWS over everyone else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't get why?
Kelly has a connection to the club.
We have plenty of money to offer him.
There is reason for us to be confident.
There's confidence and then there's being a flog. Every club has flog posters and I'm usually hesitant to generalise but... It's not a good look.

Well if he was going to do that he would have re-signed.
Not if hes waiting to see if we somehow start playing football and jag a flag to make his decision.

Extra week or 2 doesnt change the likelihood if that was the base of his decision. We will find out soon enough what his decision is

Face it.

We beat this list that is supposedly in better shape.

My logical conclusion is that you are delusional and should not be trusted in all matters Carlton.

Wow! How far is one match going to get you? What is it going to prove?

Face it. Many would rather take Carlton's list over your lot for long-term.

You should not be trusted in any productive discussions involving North if you can't take the rose-coloured glasses off and accept you teams deficiencies.

Yes NM are big players and potential front runners for Josh's services but any mention of another suitor and suddenly you and other North supporters lose their ****.

Lol, no. I can quote all the vitriol and juvenile garbage about north from your own board. Crap about Tassie, relocation, the infamous (and overrated) norf and even Daw's legal case was mentioned in this thread. Juvenile can be easily applied to the north, Carlton, Richmond and st kilda posters, just ask poor dlanod who has to moderate this poor excuse of a thread.

None of the interested club's posters have covered themselves in glory on the subject of Josh Kelly.

Fwiw, all the club's involved in the Kelly trade of course have a equal chance, as we don't have the facts yet.
Everyone posts crap on their own board, if someone from another club decides to read it then that is their own issue. This particular thread includes a number of different clubs, yet it is only one that is acting childish.

Not if hes waiting to see if we somehow start playing football and jag a flag to make his decision.

Extra week or 2 doesnt change the likelihood if that was the base of his decision. We will find out soon enough what his decision is

Is this your read on why he hasn't committed yet?

Don't you think this is odd?

I can't remember another big name player that has done this and stayed, does anyone else?

Well i wouldn't want to part with someone like Ben Cunnington.
It depends what GWS needs.

Id rather give them pick 4 plus an early pick in 2018.
Well, assuming Kelly's trade value – the going rate – is two first-rounders, your 2017 pick 4 and your 2018 first-rounder seems the most likely starting point. I'm not sure you have a player to substitute for one of those picks.

Or even Goldstein + Pick 4 and pay some of his salary.
Funny stuff.

WC will blow you out of the water by offering pick 13 and Mark LeCras.

Kelly grew up as a die hard north supporter and dad phil played for north.ive seen the pic of young josh decked out in north colours and His dad stated of a junior pic of his son stating "dreaming of the day he plays for north". Another most dont know ron joseph recently had a meeting with joshs family.thats something no teams been able to achieve. Shit if i was offered $500,000 extra a year to play for my childhood team. I wouldnt hesitate

Wow

Well, assuming Kelly's trade value – the going rate – is two first-rounders, your 2017 pick 4 and your 2018 first-rounder seems the most likely starting point. I'm not sure you have a player to substitute for one of those picks.

Funny stuff.

WC will blow you out of the water by offering pick 13 and Mark LeCras.

Ben Cunnington was top draft pick but moot point as no way i want him to leave.

I know Goldy has been out of form but perhaps a change of scenary could revitalize him.
Still a very good ruckman and Mumford seems to be slowing down.
If we paid some of his salary in 2018 GWS might see him as a handy pick up.

Sounds like he's a lock then.
Would be mighty embarrassing if Kangaroos missed on him now.

You would think North fans would have learned by now not to be so cocky after Martin rejected them...

The confidence and trash they are coming out with in these threads is ridiculous. Just setting themselves up for an epic letdown.

I know Goldy has been out of form but perhaps a change of scenary could revitalize him.
Still a very good ruckman and Mumford seems to be slowing down.
If we paid some of his salary in 2018 GWS might see him as a handy pick up.
Goldstein's trade value is no longer equivalent to a first-round pick.

That should go without saying.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Josh Kelly [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back