Recommitted Josh Kelly [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Well there was recent speculation that Kelly had signed with GWS a week or 2 ago, or at least verbally committed.
I actually agree with your reasoning re the timing of the annoucement is the strongest indicator, and he is very likely keaving.
You lost me using meaningless speculation as evidence of anything though.

650 pages on this. ITS GWS or North.
Big lols at the SOS link.

On EVA-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Productive post. It makes your emotional attachment to this seem laughable.

Whether you like it or not, the fact is that Carlton and St. Kilda are still strong players and no random Denham article is going to change that.
And the SOS link is evident. He recognized him for his talent and beat others to the punch. Showing interest in him again is indication of how much he respects what he brings. It's a matter of whether Kelly sees it himself. He'll pick what seems beneficial to him.

Kelly grew up as a die hard north supporter and dad phil played for north.ive seen the pic of young josh decked out in north colours and His dad stated of a junior pic of his son stating "dreaming of the day he plays for north". Another most dont know ron joseph recently had a meeting with joshs family.thats something no teams been able to achieve. Shit if i was offered $500,000 extra a year to play for my childhood team. I wouldnt hesitate

Whether you like it or not, the fact is that Carlton and St. Kilda are still strong players and no random Denham article is going to change that.
And the SOS link is evident. He recognized him for his talent and beat others to the punch. Showing interest in him again is indication of how much he respects what he brings. It's a matter of whether Kelly sees it himself. He'll pick what seems beneficial to him.
Sos never recognized kellys before others. North tried in vain but GWS had pick 2

If you had been following this thread since April or the North thread from March, you'd see the context of my comment.

Again a very big LOL to the SOS element.
Denham's article is the same news as March 2017. Nothing has changed.
JK was going to resign with GWS before the North offer.
This is before the season started and before Kelly's best season of his career.
The Saints jumped up and down, now it's Carlton a bit late.
Won't be long before this bore fest is put to bed.
GWS or North.

I hate to break it to you but half a dozen players from every club in the comp have contracts put on hold at this time of the year to see what list spots are available, means diddly squat relating to 1 specific player as you would still be doing it regardless. No administration is incompetent enough to lock in a list/salary cap before the trade period begins.
Hmmm im guesinng you havent read norths statement that nany contracts are on hold whilst they atempt to get kelly to north.......yep offically stated by north.

Sos never recognized kellys before others. North tried in vain but GWS had pick 2

Did I ever say SOS recognized him before the others? No. I said he recognized him and beat others to the punch (regardless of how the picks were supplied). There were many other players he could've chosen but decided to take him with an early pick.

Any drafted player usually sees it as an overall sign of appreciation.

Well you sa
Did I ever say SOS recognized him before the others? No. I said he recognized him and beat others to the punch (regardless of how the picks were supplied). There were many other players he could've chosen but decided to take him with an early pick.

Any drafted player usually sees it as an overall sign of appreciation.
Well you said sos identified his talent and beat others.. of cause he beat others. He had the no 2 pic ..... derrrrr

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you had been following this thread since April or the North thread from March, you'd see the context of my comment.

Again a very big LOL to the SOS element.
Denham's article is the same news as March 2017. Nothing has changed.
JK was going to resign with GWS before the North offer.
This is before the season started and before Kelly's best season of his career.
The Saints jumped up and down, now it's Carlton a bit late.
Won't be long before this bore fest is put to bed.
GWS or North.

Don't need to follow the thread. All of it is just made up of rumours, innuendo and supporters trying to hold unnecessary bragging rights.

It's all rubbish that nothing has changed. Things change throughout the season for any player. You make it out like last minute decisions aren't a thing. Weren't GWS licking their lips for Buddy to come over for a whole season? It was only then Sydney made a slightly later play for him and his management walked to the Swans at the very last minute. Buddy chose them instead.

Even if Kelly does resign with GWS or goes to North, it wouldn't at all mean that clubs like St. Kilda and Carlton were never under any consideration. Might not be making as big of a play right now considering Kelly is still playing finals, but whatever plans are put in place, just about any of the three teams are in with a chance if he chooses to leave. It becomes a matter of what he wants and right now nobody except him knows.

Well you said sos identified his talent and beat others.. of cause he beat others. He had the no 2 pic ..... derrrrr

Yes, and that is pretty much different to you replying earlier that SOS recognized him before the others. We know it was well documented how much North were drooling over him in his draft year (even beforehand).

GWS used pick 2 on him because everyone was ready to pounce. Nobody want to trade with north for a low pick. He grew up in the surrounds of north.

Once most players gets drafted into footy, personal taste can often get thrown out the window. If he chose to leave for North, the reasons won't so much be because of his love for the club or him growing up around the area. He is going to consider what option is beneficial to him. Whether that is GWS, North or even saints or blues. He will consider money, team, culture, atmosphere, relationships and most importantly, clear direction.

Don't need to follow the thread. All of it is just made up of rumours, innuendo and supporters trying to hold unnecessary bragging rights.

It's all rubbish that nothing has changed. Things change throughout the season for any player. You make it out like last minute decisions aren't a thing. Weren't GWS licking their lips for Buddy to come over for a whole season? It was only then Sydney made a slightly later play for him and his management walked to the Swans at the very last minute. Buddy chose them instead.

Even if Kelly does resign with GWS or goes to North, it wouldn't at all mean that clubs like St. Kilda and Carlton were never under any consideration. Might not be making as big of a play right now considering Kelly is still playing finals, but whatever plans are put in place, just about any of the three teams are in with a chance if he chooses to leave. It becomes a matter of what he wants and right now nobody except him knows.
I disagree.
Both Carlton and St Kilda reports are all about innuendo and rumour.
These are the only known facts;
A) north were interested in Kelly since 2013. Unable to trade down in the draft to select him
B) Kelly due to re-sign February with GWS 2017
C) north offer becomes public March .
D) Kelly still not committed to GWS.

Between those lines of fact are rumour and innuendo. In fact I'd sit more comfortably if North were not mentioned at all until draft week.

That's about all the facts.

I disagree.
A) north were interested in Kelly since 2013. Unable to trade down in the draft to select him

Between those lines of fact are rumour and innuendo. In fact I'd sit more comfortably if North were not mentioned at all until draft week.

Disagree all you like. It doesn't need to be published to know that other clubs are (and would/should be) making a big play for such a talented young star of the game.

Carlton, St. Kilda and Essendon (to a lesser extent but I'd nearly put a line through them as an option) all have and still will make a big play as one of many plans put in place. There's always a chance that one of them could easily snatch him in front of North, but as I have mentioned time and time again, it will depend on Kelly's decision.

There is no fact or any proof made public mentioning Kelly having told his management that he has narrowed his choices down to two.

Disagree all you like. It doesn't need to be published to know that other clubs are (and would/should be) making a big play for such a talented young star of the game.

Carlton, St. Kilda and Essendon (to a lesser extent but I'd nearly put a line through them as an option) all have and still will make a big play as one of many plans put in place. There's always a chance that one of them could easily snatch him in front of North, but as I have mentioned time and time again, it will depend on Kelly's decision.

There is no fact or any proof made public mentioning Kelly having told his management that he has narrowed his choices down to two.
Keep SOS , GWS lite, proximity to Seaford, draft picks traded and other outlandish rumours out of the what Josh Kelly actually wants.
Because they are all long bows in terms of what Josh wants .
Only he knows right?

Keep SOS , GWS lite, proximity to Seaford, draft picks traded and other outlandish rumours out of the what Josh Kelly actually wants.
Because they are all long bows in terms of what Josh wants .
Only he knows right?

That is not what he wants. That is what he is possibly going to consider. Not every player chases money and big contracts. Surely you'd think Dusty rejecting your club was proof of that (plus he made it clear that he at least considered your club so how is Kelly going to be any different with other suitors).

A player will weigh up the advantages with the disadvantages and make a decision on what seems the most beneficial to him. Kelly is not going to narrow it down to two clubs if there are others that could potentially be a better fit for him.

From an outsider's perspective, the cold hard truth would be that both St. Kilda and Carlton have more benefits for him than what North does. But you should be relieved to know that the outsider's perspective means little to nothing. The decision is only going to be based on what Kelly sees himself. And North are in with a big chance. Just can't rule out the others in the race.

I disagree.

So was Stkilda ..2013 they wanted him then too but had pick 3

From an "outsider " perspective my arse.

From an outsider perspective , Carlton have demonstrated zero in what they could offer new young talent. Rebuilding now for how long?
Whose to say they arnt making the same mistakes .

In the game of high draft pick collecting they always win!

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Josh Kelly [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back