Roast Josh Mahoney needs to go

Remove this Banner Ad

Don’t let the door hit you on the way out Josh, intimately involved in one of the least successful periods of any club in AFL/VFL history 14 years of abject failure, saved himself from getting sacked.

Hopefully he’s as incompetent and as unsuccessful at Essendon as he has been at our club

So according to the AFL website Mahoney was "poached" by the Bombers.

The biggest coup at Tulla since they poached Sheeds from the aged care home.

Fantastic news.

Shuffling draft picks all over the place, this year, next year, but never ending up in a position better than if you had just kept the initial picks. I could never get on board with that.

He was definitely a used car salesman and not a very good one, it’s a fitting end for him to join Dodo at Essendon.
Well that's wrong, we wouldnt have Oliver for a start if it wasn't for Mahoney.

I truly reckon he has been the best administrator, besides Jackson, we've had in the last decade.

Not his fault Mark Neeld and Simon Goodwin were appointed (and not by him)

I truly reckon he has been the best administrator, besides Jackson, we've had in the last decade.

Not his fault Mark Neeld and Simon Goodwin were appointed (and not by him)

What's his competition for second? Hardly saying much.

Mahoney the meme has all given you stockholm syndrome imo.

Funny how things may have worked out; Mahoney's (and Pert's) willingness to bend for a lame coach (Goodwin) might have brought upon his own exit. (giving Richo stupid money last year)

God bless Essendon, that pitiful and disgusting club, if they did infact snipe his tho as reported. 🤗

Last edited:
Just on the whole "poaching" thing....a couple of days before the draft? The timing of it? Really? I have my doubts. Seems like Mahoney got the shits up at the prospect of needing to take a pay cut, the club said if he could find employment at his previous wage or better they would allow him to leave or something along those lines.

Mahoney has done a few things really well - but I think those things paper over the cracks of what is a much broader remit. The club admitted as much when it split his role in two and then (if you believe rumours on Demonland) didn't hold him back from pursuing other opportunities.

Peter Jackson wanted him to succeed him as CEO. I would personally have preferred that to Pert. My opinion, not really too bothered what A11dAtP0w3R thinks about it
Was just saying he hasn't exactly had any competition.

If youre satisfied with one finals appearances since he's been in our football department you're entitled to your opinion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could be the GOAT for all we know.

I suppose Neil Balme was an ordinary coach who became an incredilble manager.

Feels more like we just made a panic appointment with whoever was available.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back