Review Dees v Freo - Good, Bad & Fugly. CHEER LOUDER 🤯

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly, probably the sort of loss we needed to have. Instead of getting these tighter results which allow the team to just barely hang on to the delusion that we're a premiership threat, a capitulation like this forces us to be realistic about where we are and will (surely!) provoke some needed changes. We've missed the chance in the last 3 years to refresh the list and refresh our approach to the game, while our defensive profile allowed us to paper over some of the cracks and convince us that we're more advanced than we really are. That has to change now, and the focus has to be on building something for 2025.

That doesn't mean "playing the kids" - I mean, we don't really have any to start with. The cupboard is pretty bare atm. But Petty has to be out of the team at a minimum. Oliver has to get fit, and it that means doing a mini pre-season and missing 6 weeks of football, then so be it. We have to change our approach to the game, be more attacking and optimistic, and freshen things up with roles, etc. Everything is just so ****ing stale, and dull, and predictable. Mixing things up might generate a bit of enthusiasm, and the last 10 rounds of this year would be a good chance to ingrain some habits in preparation for next year, results be damned. We also need to hit the free-agency / trade market hard, and make some hard calls on some of the guys on the list.

If we're going to fail, then we need to fail taking some risks. At the moment we're just a festering pool of water, slowly evaporating away in the sun. Please, for the love of Christ, grant us the chance to die like men.

Absolutely brilliant post. My thoughts exactly.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Would appear so, edging towards his Murray Bushrangers body shape
Replacing one addiction with another. Really need to go with Tmac and get everything but the patties removed.

Not sure if he was worse today, but he has definitely looked in poor condition this year as you'd expect.
Might have just been cause the ground was covered in sunshine today, his pale white skin really isnt suited to sunshine, either way he did look larger to me than usual.

Not sure if he was worse today, but he has definitely looked in poor condition this year as you'd expect.
I'm no sports scientist but off-season is like two months? We're at the halfway point season and he's still fat.
I had a blowout on the timtams & pastries one time and it only took me a month to get back to normal. And I'm no professional athlete.

campaigner's lazy.

Dunno if it was just me , but did Oliver look fatter today to anyone else? Swear hes got even bigger since the start of the season, although im not sure how thats possible.
Holy smokes I said this to my brother today.. and genuinely played like a plodder today.

He's lost that real power and ability to burst out of contest where as now he just looks sloppy. At one stage he was hunched over completely out of breath and he certainly didn't look in great shape.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had enough of the NT as well. Why is a team called Melbourne playing home games in Alice Springs? Certainly not blaming that on the result, but i think we've won like 3 or 4 out of 10. Hardly a positive outcome. Time to scrap it. Grow some balls and play all the home games at the G.

This look a bit like a Taliban execution video to anyone else?

"We had a really good win last week".

What a load of crap lmao.

Had enough of the NT as well. Why is a team called Melbourne playing home games in Alice Springs? Certainly not blaming that on the result, but i think we've won like 3 or 4 out of 10. Hardly a positive outcome. Time to scrap it. Grow some balls and play all the home games at the G.
Personally i like Alice, i'm sick of selling home games. But it's a good spot and good money to do it. Thank god we got away from Darwin.

Alice isn't the excuse anyway, we're the only MCG tenant that's weaselled our way out of the docklands contract because our attendance there is appalling.

Agree Lever has been a huge loss. He was in AA form and his leadership in the backline is a genuine weapon for us. But our midfield and half forwardline is what's killing us atm. Teams walking it out of stoppage and walking it out of our F50. Viney looks cooked and Oliver fat. One or both need to make way tbh. Get Riv, McVee, Koz in there. It's time to try some things Goody or you can GTFO!

Someone go check demonland and report back to me. Dancing Potato this is your thing isnt it?
We need to setup a roster of one person each week has to go onto demonland to look in there, because that all shouldn't fall to one person

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Dees v Freo - Good, Bad & Fugly. CHEER LOUDER 🤯

Remove this Banner Ad

Back