Review Dees v Freo - Good, Bad & Fugly. CHEER LOUDER 🤯

Remove this Banner Ad

Matthew Jefferson King's Birthday debut, you know it's coming. At least it's not our home game, so he won't get the PA announcement

Matthew Jefferson King's Birthday debut, you know it's coming. At least it's not our home game, so he won't get the PA announcement
If he gets gang tackled on the wing we know he's in for a good career

If he gets gang tackled on the wing we know he's in for a good career
Just needs some texts about his recreational activities leaked, then he's set

Question: Are the problems with our list a result of aggressive trading in the 2016 - 2018 drafts?

During this period Melbourne didn't make a single first round selection, instead trading these picks to secure Oliver, Lever and May. Obviously we don't win the 2021 Grand Final without these players so I don't know how much we should complain about it but... Ideally the players taken in those drafts would be in the 100 - 150 games played region and hitting their peaks.

Instead, the players remaining on our list from those drafts are:
2016 - None
2017 - Spargo, Fritsch, Petty
2018 - Sparrow, Hore (dropped but is back), Chandler (rookie)

For second and third rounders none of these guys are bad, but Fritsch is the only one I would say is anything more than a "role-player", and I would certainly say that none of them are playing good footy at the moment.

Since we've been so successful in the home and away season since those drafts we haven't had access to top talent and while some of the kids have been good, they aren't playing the midfield or in key position roles up forward and defence. Instead they have been playing more as flankers and wingers. And I don't know if any of them have what it takes to become a star of the competition that you can build a winning team around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We traded pick six and our 2016 first round pick with GC and GWS. Turning those picks into Oliver, Weideman and Bugg
Argument doesn't work then you just bought the selection forward a year.

The argument is we are missing a group of quality players in the 100-150 game range because we traded out 1st rounders in the 2016-2018 period

We traded pick six and our 2016 first round pick with GC and GWS. Turning those picks into Oliver, Weideman and Bugg

The argument is we are missing a group of quality players in the 100-150 game range because we traded out 1st rounders in the 2016-2018 period
Well we have Oliver and missed on Weid and we could have missed the year after anyway. I don't think that's why we suck. You could get rid of Oliver and grab some random pick from 2016 then but doesn't make sense.

We suck because our good players aren't very good anymore

This is a proud day for our club
#spoilt
Dinner Party Princess GIF by Married At First Sight Australia

Nobody saw this coming. NOT.

A hiding like that each week reminds me of my childhood.

Dunno if it was just me , but did Oliver look fatter today to anyone else? Swear hes got even bigger since the start of the season, although im not sure how thats possible.
Just to go back on this, Buckley on SEN this morning pretty much said the same thing.

He stated that there was some guys that looked unfit and underdone based on observing their body shape in the after match warm down which indicates they're not as fit as they think they are and reason why they looked completely gassed during the game unlike Fremantle.

And the favourite is beaten by ten lengths.

The stewards will investigate. Shirley.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Dees v Freo - Good, Bad & Fugly. CHEER LOUDER 🤯

Remove this Banner Ad

Back