Judd trade may fall over.

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you thick? Everyone, I mean everyone knows Judd is worth more than what we will pay for him, but he has left West Coast, and now he is un-contracted. So they kissed goodbye getting his true worth a long, long time ago.

But people like you continue to whine and moan, "Oh Judd is worth X + Y + Z bla bla".... Get over it.

Best offer > Nothing at all.

Sorry Totti ... your the one who is wrong.

Chris Judd is contracted until October 31 as all AFL players are ...that is why the trade period is held prior to end of October so clubs with players wanting to leave can get some compensation for the time and effort they have put into developing them

I had a feeling Richmond would shop the #2 pick around.

As much as Richmond need to build for the future, Terry Wallace and Greg Miller need to keep their jobs. A young midfielder will not help Richmond get up the ladder next season. May not even play a game......these guys are desperate because if no real signs of advancement are made next year they will both be gone.

I'd be at the least respectful of the offer but maybe not concerned until Richmond throw in a little more. Remember, if Carlton don't provide WC what they want....Judd goes to the PSD.

richmond in the time terry wallace has been there has won double the amount of games as carlton have in that time
ratten i believe is 0-4 ? or is it 0-5

Chris Judd is contracted until October 31 as all AFL players are ...that is why the trade period is held prior to end of October so clubs with players wanting to leave can get some compensation for the time and effort they have put into developing them
You mean, 'you're' ?

A minor slip-up, but you can understand my point. He is OUT of West Coast. Gone.

And so your point? Totti is right. Nobody will be able to give to the Eagles the value that Judd brings them. Why is that to hard to comprehend? I think it's the Richmond fans...you know...a little...well you know.

If Judd came out and said he wanted to go to Richmond we would be in Trouble but as he is 'un-contracted' for the 2008 season he must agree to any trade, therefore if he doesn't want to go to Richmond it's his call.
WC can do a Veale deal that sees Judd go untraded by the end of the week.

From there, Judd can re-sign with WC or go in the PSD.

If Richmond nominates him, he can sign with them or he can sit out the season.

The only way for Carlton to ensure they get Judd, is for WC to agree to trade him to you. Otherwise, Richmond will have first dibs in the PSD.

WC can do a Veale deal that sees Judd go untraded by the end of the week.

From there, Judd can re-sign with WC or go in the PSD.

If Richmond nominates him, he can sign with them or he can sit out the season.

The only way for Carlton to ensure they get Judd, is for WC to agree to trade him to you. Otherwise, Richmond will have first dibs in the PSD.

Veale deal cannot go through. The AFL has to sign off on trades, and they will no doubt not allow anything like the Veale deal to happen.

So if he goes into the PSD you don't get compensated.

Once again, after Connors reiterated today that there is 'no way Judd will go to Richmond' i highly doubt Richmond would be foolish enough to draft a player that does not just take a large chunk out of a salary cap, but also a player who has no intention of wanting to play for their club.

Clutching at straws...

Veale deal cannot go through. The AFL has to sign off on trades, and they will no doubt not allow anything like the Veale deal to happen.
The AFL isn't going to veto a trade.

They have to rubber stamp a transfer, but they're not going to say "no - that trade is illegal and we won't let it happen".

If Richmond want to offer picks 2 and 18 for Mitch Morton, who are the AFL to block that trade going through?

From there, all WC need to do is not trade Judd by the 4pm deadline, which is totally within their rights. The AFL can't force WC to trade Judd to Carlton.

I would like to put forward that noone ever likes to get ripped off, noone ever. So why should WCE be any different, #1 player in the Comp for #1 draft pick is a fair trade any reasonable person would admit. You expect to rip us off like a pack of criminals and act like you can do it without ramifications ????

I hope the Eagles get a fair deal and pick #2 is better than pick #3 so get off your high horses and stop acting like rip off merchants ffs!!!!

richmond trade pick 2, 18 and a player for morton and a signed contract saying eagles will let Judd go to the PSD,

So u carlton supporters can get fuked i wuld rather that then u trying to rob us,
pink 1 and 3 or he goes to richmond

The AFL isn't going to veto a trade.

They have to rubber stamp a transfer, but they're not going to say "no - that trade is illegal and we won't let it happen".

If Richmond want to offer picks 2 and 18 for Mitch Morton, who are the AFL to block that trade going through?

From there, all WC need to do is not trade Judd by the 4pm deadline, which is totally within their rights. The AFL can't force WC to trade Judd to Carlton.

IF that deal was approved - and I highly doubt it - then the Tiges still have no guarantee of getting Judd if they find he prices himself above what they can offer. In which case they'd lose pick #2 and #18 for nothing, and the Blues would get Judd, and keep picks #3, Kennedy and #20. The Weagles and Tiges also open themselves up to being fined and receiving draft penalties as well. I hope they try it. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So if he goes into the PSD you don't get compensated.

Once again, after Connors reiterated today that there is 'no way Judd will go to Richmond' i highly doubt Richmond would be foolish enough to draft a player that does not just take a large chunk out of a salary cap, but also a player who has no intention of wanting to play for their club.

Clutching at straws...

that is actually completely incorrect

the afl will not stop a deal going through, veal or otherwise.

we have to give pick 1 now, and that would be check mate

IF that deal was approved - and I highly doubt it - then the Tiges still have no guarantee of getting Judd if they find he prices himself above what they can offer.
Why would you expect the AFL to veto a trade?

Has it happened before?

I wouldn't be banking on them intervening in a way that is totally unprecedented.

And if Richmond nominate Judd in the PSD, he either plays for them in 2008 or he plays for no-one.

I still expect Judd to go to Carlton, but this latest development might improve your offer.

IF that deal was approved - and I highly doubt it - then the Tiges still have no guarantee of getting Judd if they find he prices himself above what they can offer. In which case they'd lose pick #2 and #18 for nothing, and the Blues would get Judd, and keep picks #3, Kennedy and #20. The Weagles and Tiges also open themselves up to being fined and receiving draft penalties as well. I hope they try it. :)

richmond aren't doing this to get judd - they're doing it so blues give up pick 1. wc have no interest in kreuzer so tiges could pick him up with their second pick.

richmond trade pick 2, 18 and a player for morton and a signed contract saying eagles will let Judd go to the PSD,

So u carlton supporters can get fuked i wuld rather that then u trying to rob us,
pink 1 and 3 or he goes to richmond
Learn to spell you moronic **** :D
1 & 3 Keep dreaming :rolleyes:
Jump into bed with your equally deluded Richmond clowns

They've just been talking on the radio that the deal is done, hence West Coast and Carlton not discussing trades today. Apparently Judd is still not back from Perth after the Mainwaring funeral and they are just waiting for him to get off the plane, sign the papers and then they will announce it to the media.

Might be another load of tripe but I'll go with this one. I'm up for believing it though.

BTW, they also said it was Pick #3 and Kennedy.

Why would you expect the AFL to veto a trade?...

You have to make sure any trade is at least roughly balanced otherwise they won't sign off on it. Morton for pick #2 and 18 is not even close to being slightly balanced. lol. You'll need to throw in one or 2 quality players. And then you'll have to make sure the AFL don't find a copy of your "secret PSD agreement" otherwise the Weagles and Tiges will receive fines and draft penalties. And then there is the real possibility of Judd pricing himself beyond the Tiges reach and going to the Blues anyway. I guess anythings possible, but it is a very very dangerous path to take. Much easier if the Tiges can convince Judd to nominate them, and then you can trade directly with them. But the Tiges aren't even in his top 4. :)

You have to make sure any trade is at least roughly balanced otherwise they won't sign off on it. Morton for pick #2 and 18 is not even close to being slightly balanced. lol. You'll need to throw in one or 2 quality players. And then you'll have to make sure the AFL don't find a copy of your "secret PSD agreement" otherwise the Weagles and Tiges will receive fines and draft penalties. And then there is the real possibility of Judd pricing himself beyond the Tiges reach and going to the Blues anyway. I guess anythings possible, but it is a very very dangerous path to take. Much easier if the Tiges can convince Judd to nominate them, and then you can trade directly with them. But the Tiges aren't even in his top 4. :)
Guess Kennedy and Pick 3 won't be enough then.

:)

Guess Kennedy and Pick 3 won't be enough then.

:)

lol. Good point. But you'd have to agree that pick #2 and #18 for a player like Morton, who struggles to make your senior team, is a bit far fetched. You'd need to throw in at least one or 2 quality players in, and that would of course dilute any trade benefit. And then there is the risk the AFL will find out about the PSD manipulation, in which case the Tiges and Weagles would receive fines and/or draft penalties. :)

If that deal went through, Judd will never go Richmond. He is person of integrity. That deal SMELLS big time. F------ Greg Miller done nothing for 5 and tryingto make himself look good.

Is there a precedent for this?

Has the AFL vetoed a trade previously?

An AFL trade official went through it on radio on Monday. I guess its a bit subjective, but he basically said each side has to have a roughly balanced trade otherwise they won't sign off on it. No way would they approve pick #2 and #18 for a guy lke Morton who barely gets a game. lol. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Judd trade may fall over.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back