25. Aiden Bonar
------------------------------
26. Gryan Miers

27. Cassidy Parish

28. Brent Daniels

29. Jordan Houlahan

30. Toby Wooller

Constable?

Gday Mate, Im interested in how you rate this years top 5 players in comparison to previous years top 5's. If we use say Raynor, LDU, Dow, Cerra, Stephenson/Coffield(whichever you prefer) and measure them against the likes of (2016 class Mcgrath, Taranto, Mcluggage, Ainsworth, setterfield) , (2015 class Weitering, Shache, Mills, Oliver, Parish) , ( 2014 class Mcartin, Petracca, Brayshaw, Pickett, De goey) , (2013 class Boyd, Kelly, Billings, Bontempelli, kolojashnij) how do you see them stacking up. Could you Rank these 5 drafts and show me where you see the 2017 edition fitting? Thanks in advance.

Knightmare do you think North will take Darcy Fogarty at pick 4? cheers

I haven't heard Fogarty connected to North, but it's too early in the process to dismiss the possibility. Some recruiters say they would pick Fogarty at 1, if they had the first choice. So there are some who are super high on him.

Constable?

Too slow and never on the move at stoppages which I feel will limit his ball winning capabilities. He's 31-35 in my extended, extended power rankings.

Hey KM, when are you doing a phantom? Cheers!

Will be submitting to ESPN tonight. I expect either Wednesday or Thursday it will go up onto ESPN.

It will be a full first two rounds and also discussing those without picks within the first two rounds, who they may consider.

Gday Mate, Im interested in how you rate this years top 5 players in comparison to previous years top 5's. If we use say Raynor, LDU, Dow, Cerra, Stephenson/Coffield(whichever you prefer) and measure them against the likes of (2016 class Mcgrath, Taranto, Mcluggage, Ainsworth, setterfield) , (2015 class Weitering, Shache, Mills, Oliver, Parish) , ( 2014 class Mcartin, Petracca, Brayshaw, Pickett, De goey) , (2013 class Boyd, Kelly, Billings, Bontempelli, kolojashnij) how do you see them stacking up. Could you Rank these 5 drafts and show me where you see the 2017 edition fitting? Thanks in advance.

The past five years, the top fives, I'd rate in order:
2017 (hypothetically if it's Rayner/LDU/Dow/Cerra and say Stephenson within that top five)

Im happy with that!

I haven't heard Fogarty connected to North, but it's too early in the process to dismiss the possibility. Some recruiters say they would pick Fogarty at 1, if they had the first choice. So there are some who are super high on him.

Too slow and never on the move at stoppages which I feel will limit his ball winning capabilities. He's 31-35 in my extended, extended power rankings.

Will be submitting to ESPN tonight. I expect either Wednesday or Thursday it will go up onto ESPN.

It will be a full first two rounds and also discussing those without picks within the first two rounds, who they may consider.

The past five years, the top fives, I'd rate in order:
2017 (hypothetically if it's Rayner/LDU/Dow/Cerra and say Stephenson within that top five)

Love your work mate.I know Hayes needs to built his tank and endurance,but gez the kid has got some talent and very agile for a big man not a one trick pony.How do you rate McCartin really like the look of him the tigers have been linked.

Love your work mate.I know Hayes needs to built his tank and endurance,but gez the kid has got some talent and very agile for a big man not a one trick pony.How do you rate McCartin really like the look of him the tigers have been linked.

With Hayes it's more a question of what is his trick? There are things he does incredibly well - contested marking, can take the ball himself from ruck contests. But he isn't on a dominant level in any one area. Endurance is a worry, and a relative lack of improvement since 2016 is the other questionmark for me. Anywhere 15 onwards he should enter the draft mix.

As for McCartin. He pushes up the ground well and will take his marks outside 50m, but struggles to get on the end of anything inside 50m. Pretty terrible kicking only 9 goals from 13 games in the TAC Cup winning side. He probably gets drafted, but he would be a late/rookie choice I'd imagine.

Great work as always Knightmare, your efforts and insights are always appreciated.

Posted on the Carlton board, from what I can piece together I would love to see LDU get to Carlton at 3 and think SoS and Bolton would love a Coffield type at 10 (reckon it's looking 50-50 he gets there). If Coffield is gone I would be chuffed to see the club take Balta. How would you rate this in terms of possibility and as a haul for the Blues? Think we'll take the best available which could pan out anyway obviously.

Also interested in your thoughts on who might be a good fit at 30. Is a Worpel likely to fall that far and if so, would his kicking reliability be a concern?

Love the kid Oscar Clavarino been really good and has a great balance of good traits.Were do you see him go Knighmare?.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hello Knightmare there had been a bit of chatter about where Schache would go in this draft over the trade period, or what his 'pick range' would be, as a talented tall in a shallow draft. In the same vein, what are your thoughts on Rowan Marshall? I know he has come into the system a couple of years later, and through a different way, but I think he has a bright future. What pick would you be comfortable using on him in tnis draft if he was available?

Might be something to do with every single Adelaide fan on this board having Fogarty magically slide to the Crows at 12.
Fogarty would be good, but there won't be any melts. Just like there werent any melts when Aish and Sharenberg went to the pies a few years back and were comfortably overtaken by players the Crows took with much later picks. In 2013 you guys took Sharenberg in the top 10 and we picked Matt Crouch with pick 23. Who's melting now?

I posted this on the Richmond board because they are the names being brought up a lot.

The names Naish, Allen and Balta keep coming up.

I know this is a tough one, but of the current AFL players who do these three look like they could be compared to in the future?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back