List Mgmt. List Management 2023-24

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd say Gold Coast will definitely trade out that pick, but can't see how we get in on it at all.

I assume it will just be their first rounder + Rowell + Anderson to Geelong for pick 76 based on recent history

I'd say Gold Coast will definitely trade out that pick, but can't see how we get in on it at all.

I assume it will just be their first rounder + Rowell + Anderson to Geelong for pick 76 based on recent history
Expect those deals to be over now Dimma is there.

He'd blow a gasket.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I would be happy to have Lycett ruck 10-12 games next season & share the remaining games between Hayes & Dante (pretty much what we should have done this season) & pick up Dante’s brother if possible. Hayes/ Dante are still green & wouldn’t last a whole season.
But I suspect the Lycett/ Collingwood talk is a sign of his dissatisfaction with a 1 year deal on less coin.
And now the Grundy stuff would have stalled Hayes/ Lycetts future
The whole Hayes/ Dante playing well thing has made playing a banged up Lycett, playing no ruck, playing teakle thing look rather foolish

Not getting much game time though. Seems another trade out that hasn’t hurt us too much

I think he broke his leg and is still rehabbing from that.

Simply no deal that could get done outside of them having a strong interest in Mitch.
Needs points and not a player, as someone will bid on their big three Academy kids (like Jed Walter).
They will trade it for a plethora of lower picks worth more points (than their current first pick).

Hickey announcing his retirement today explains why Sydney is keen for Grundy.

I'm sure he'd have preferred to stay in Melbourne, but he tried that and it didn't work. So I'd think he'll be looking at what's best for his career this time. Probably now depends on if he wants to live in Sydney or play with Port's stronger midfield.

I'm sure he'd have preferred to stay in Melbourne, but he tried that and it didn't work. So I'd think he'll be looking at what's best for his career this time. Probably now depends on if he wants to live in Sydney or play with Port's stronger midfield.

Sydney will increase his contract.
And he will play finals there.
Not our midfield but a great coach.

Nothing to do with cap space, in fact we would make a net gain with Lycett not being paid $650K next year.
It all depends on where Grundy wants to live.

I just don't think there's a point locking ourselves in to the long risk aspect of Grundy without the war chest for Butters & Rozee very much sorted. IMO much of the Lycett $ will be pre-allocated there, not for Grundy, and we likely go with Hayes+Dante+<insert-journeyman-ruck-who-is-not-Teakle here>. Would be a nice turnaround for Hayes's trajectory.

Unless he has some peculiarly "Malborne" snobby dislike of Geelong, I think ADL would be third on manbunboy's destination city list. Having to regularly deal with quality journalism of the likes we've just seen from Stephen Rowe certainly wouldn't help Adelaide's case as a place to live ;)

Is Braydon Preuss still at GWS? There's a guy whose agent didn't have a clue about where to send a ruckman.

Combining Sydney’s need and Grundy being a hipster doofus I think he’d be easily odds on to head to Sydney

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah. * spending millions paying Grundy to play for us well beyond his decline.

Re-sign Hayes

Go get one of fort, soldo , pruess, Flynn, hickey, ceglar, Phillips, Bryan

Run with Hayes , (ruck we bring in from list above), visentini and Dixon.

Spend the millions on something we need rather than Grundy retirement fund.

For however much Grundy might be >>> better than the rucks we have above, it’s not far enough to make it worth it and it’s going to reverse very quickly. Is he still >>> better than them in 2025?
Is he >>> in 2026?
Is he >>> in 2027?

Jordon Sweet will be a better cheaper option

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I wonder how likely this floated veterans list is to come in for next season.

It'd be good for Boak - assuming he's not on all that much anymore, him playing on isn't taking a list spot. And there's nobody else eligible for a few years.

I'd think we'll get an announcement this week that he's either re-signed or retiring, ahead of the last home game. Likely giving TJ clear air today if he's signed. Unless, of course, he hasn't made a decision yet.

I wonder how likely this floated veterans list is to come in for next season.

It'd be good for Boak - assuming he's not on all that much anymore, him playing on isn't taking a list spot. And there's nobody else eligible for a few years.

I'd think we'll get an announcement this week that he's either re-signed or retiring, ahead of the last home game. Likely giving TJ clear air today if he's signed. Unless, of course, he hasn't made a decision yet.

Yeah it's literally the last spot on the list.
I'm wondering if he can be shifted there during the year if we need a midseason pick?

Geelong will have cap space post pending retirements, only Smith so far, already have three 32 yo rucks on their list, two out of contract... Blicavs has another two years but is now more part time in ruck to Stanley.

Sydney will have more cap space than the Cats you'd think post Buddy, Reid, etc, have a 32 year old ruck of their own in Hickey and only McLean after that, both out of contract. You can imagine they might back Grundy in, pay for "best available" ruck, if they believe in their midfield group. Not unlike the risk they took with Buddy, at a smaller scale. Would leave it open for us to go after a miffed McLean as a "good enough" third wheel, competing with Sam & Dante and following a different philosophy for once - sign up the generational midfield long term and actually coach instead of wearing out our expectations looking for yet another alleged "missing piece".

Who am I kidding? With a two year deal and no evidence of a transition plan it's 2024 or bust for Ken. Only question is will he encourage our list management to blow our wad on a KPD or on a ruck, positions he has a terrible track record in developing, or on "something else"?
cant please people can ya. Gets abused for not recruiting a Key defender and a ruckman now abused for chasing them

Money Talks: Swans’ offer may net Kangas top two in draft

Sydney are emerging as frontrunners to win North Melbourne defender Ben McKay’s signature after the Swans missed out on West Coast’s Tom Barrass.

A genuinely tall (195 cm plus) plug and play defender is the most necessary requirement for the club moving forward, and although he covers the size requirement Ratogolea is a long way from being that player at this stage as he is still learning the caper.

Even if Lycett does get the hump and goes elsewhere, more game time and experience for Hayes and Visentini with back up from Dixon should be able to give our high quality midfield of enough of the ball for them to be more than competitive against any team in the comp, so I hope we don't go after Grundy for any number of reasons and would much rather we draft for the future and pick up the younger Visentini.

I wouldn't be adverse to bringing Ladhams back into the fold as when he was at Alberton previously he was improving as a ruckman and was also quite effective as the 3rd tall forward, but I suspect with Hickey retiring his availability would be highly unlikely.

Where I expect Lycett to use his free agency to get a multi-year deal with a club like Collingwood.
No club is going to offer Lycett a multi-year deal.

He is finished.

Zerk-Thatcher requesting a trade to Port is getting some airtime
This worries me.

I just don’t think he is that good.

He gets exposed at Essendon and big or mobile key forwards get a hold of him.

Isn’t the defender that we want, one that is capable of standing up one on one against the big or mobile forwards, particularly when our midfield goes to water and our backs are exposed? Looks like he got to audition this exact thing at Essendon and failed miserably.

Kane Cornes, on SEN, raised concerns about port’s interest in both Sav and BZT considering their performances and Sav’s injury run.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2023-24

Remove this Banner Ad

Back