List Mgmt. List Management 2023-24

Remove this Banner Ad

Could we ask for Borlase back? He should have been ours anyway and surely he’ll want to come back to his rightful home
Having seen him live and chatting to a few at crowsland, you can see while he hasn't debut earlier, unfortunately ain't that quick and has the turning circle of the titanic, good reserves level player, maybe lacks the athleticism for regular league gig.

Does Wingard have anything left to offer at AFL level, reading the Hawks thread on him it seems the general consensus is they would rather he be chopped than retained, is it realistic to throw him a bone and cut Fantasia, I don't see it as a downgrade when I look at the spot Fantasia is taking, but is it a waste of a list spot, I'm just not sure, maybe it's just nostalgia that is taking me back there.

On moto g62 5G using BigFooty.com mobile app

Does Wingard have anything left to offer at AFL level, reading the Hawks thread on him it seems the general consensus is they would rather he be chopped than retained, is it realistic to throw him a bone and cut Fantasia, I don't see it as a downgrade when I look at the spot Fantasia is taking, but is it a waste of a list spot, I'm just not sure, maybe it's just nostalgia that is taking me back there.

Will be out most of next year with a torn achilles tendon.

Nope, he is done now.

No he will be out for next 12 months

Will be out most of next year with a torn achilles tendon.
Yeah Im aware, just wasn't sure if he had it in him to get past it and play on, he is what 30, an unbelievable fall from grace considering the trajectory we once thought he was on.

Yeah Im aware, just wasn't sure if he had it in him to get past it and play on, he is what 30, an unbelievable fall from grace considering the trajectory we once thought he was on.

Remember the carry on when he was traded.

Looking back was one of the best list decisions the club has made.

Can't see it: over 30 and achilles heel snapped, cannot play next year

With our young mids improving by the day I would love to see Bergman in the middle next season.
Rozee Butters JHF Bergman Drew.
Could we trade out Wines for a first round pick. He is 28 and would improve other midfield Gold Coast ?
I know some will hate this idea but I believe we can cover him plus it gets us back into the first round.
You are correct I hate this idea.
We are building a very good list; why risk destroying their moral by dumping the possible next Skipper.

A Quick way to destroy a team culture is to treat your champions in such a shabby manner.
If he wishes to go fine, but you do throw your only Brownlow medallist out the door.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You are correct I hate this idea.
We are building a very good list; why risk destroying their moral by dumping the possible next Skipper.

A Quick way to destroy a team culture is to treat your champions in such a shabby manner.
If he wishes to go fine, but you do throw your only Brownlow medallist out the door.
Remember when half this board wanted wines traded the year before he won the brownlow.

You can't make this stuff up.

Zerk-Thatcher requesting a trade to Port is getting some airtime

Watching him he’s guilty of having zero weapons. Zero high end traits.

He’s a 195cm guy who can football to a very basic level….

… and if we used him correctly next to Alir that could work.

He just has to be a warm body who is tall, takes up grass and takes another body so Alir can be Alir.

As long as we are paying that guy basic money and give up a token draft pick I could get behind it.

This worries me.

I just don’t think he is that good.

He gets exposed at Essendon and big or mobile key forwards get a hold of him.

Isn’t the defender that we want, one that is capable of standing up one on one against the big or mobile forwards, particularly when our midfield goes to water and our backs are exposed? Looks like he got to audition this exact thing at Essendon and failed miserably.

Kane Cornes, on SEN, raised concerns about port’s interest in both Sav and BZT considering their performances and Sav’s injury run.

A revamped back line of Aliir, BZT and Esava is ten times better than what we currently have and completely refreshes our KPD stocks.

Do we believe that Hinkley would play all 3?

based on his history I have some doubts. Might start off that way but reckon he reverts to form quickly and drops one.

How far away are our young defenders from cracking into our team 1,2 or 3 seasons

3 seasons , or better known as ‘when hinkleys gone’

Pasini would have already debuted under pretty much any other coach.

It's funny the last couple of years I've read plenty of posts about getting Ratugolea and Zerk-Thatcher. Now it looks like we could get them I see plenty of posts saying No don't want them!

But nobody wants to stump up $750K a year for Ben McKay either. Too much, do not want!

It's just bizarre, you'd think tall defenders were growing on trees and no one else was looking for them.

This board is terribly guilty of “the grass is greener” syndrome.

What name hasn’t been thrown up a bunch of times? How many times has petrecelle been mentioned here. 200 times? 500 times + ?

Last edited:
Watching him he’s guilty of having zero weapons. Zero high end traits.

He’s a 195cm guy who can football to a very basic level….

… and if we used him correctly next to Alir that could work.

He just has to be a warm body who is tall, takes up grass and takes another body so Alir can be Alir.

As long as we are paying that guy basic money and give up a token draft pick I could get behind it.

Do we believe that Hinkley would play all 3?

based on his history I have some doubts. Might start off that way but reckon he reverts to form quickly and drops one.

3 seasons , or better known as ‘when hinkleys gone’

Pasini would have already debuted under pretty much any other coach.

This board is terribly guilty of “the grass is greener” syndrome.

What name hasn’t been thrown up a bunch of times? How many times has petrecelle been mentioned here. 200 times? 500 times + ?
Last weekend Hogan kicked 9 on Zerk-Thatcher and Hawkins kicked 13 in two games on him.

Yes, let's cut Fantasia because he can't stay fit and replace with a guy who's already confirmed to miss most if not all of next year with an Achilles injury.

I would've been on board with getting Chad back pre-Achilles, but it'd be silly to do it now.

Remember the carry on when he was traded.

Looking back was one of the best list decisions the club has made.
Just because we (Hinkley) wrecked the Ferrari and were able to then trade the back firing, crumbling heap for a couple of station wagons still on the road is not how I'd define a win.

Last weekend Hogan kicked 9 on Zerk-Thatcher and Hawkins kicked 13 in two games on him.

If Essendon had any other key defenders he wouldn't have to stand on the gorillas which he isn't suited to. With AA and hopefully Rat, they are two players that can take the gorilla forwards and he's left to the 2nd/3rd talls that he is properly suited to.

If Essendon had any other key defenders he wouldn't have to stand on the gorillas which he isn't suited to. With AA and hopefully Rat, they are two players that can take the gorilla forwards and he's left to the 2nd/3rd talls that he is properly suited to.
What would he cost? Port don't have a strong hand of picks this year.

That’s what essendon fans keep saying,
But he’s not an interceptor either

And he’s not quick enough to go with smaller mobile guys is he?

What I look at him is as a bargain bin type pickup, and in that case he’s not horrible. I think he could at least be a warm body to put next to Alir.

It’s almost that time again when every spud going around is thrown up as a Port possible.
Plus the thought of kindling an old relationship with Wingard.
Ffs get over the Chad BS, it was over a long time ago.
And please no Essendon rejects, they are the greatest spuds of all and cost an arm and a leg.

Is he though? It's not like he's an amazing interceptor or rebounder.

Similar spot to Clurey IMO. Not good enough defensively to be a main KPD, not good enough offensively to be a third tall. He's just a nothing player. If we gave up anything more than nothing to get him here as SANFL depth I'd be upset, but why would he leave Essendon where they apparently believe he's best 22 to come here and play SANFL?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2023-24

Remove this Banner Ad

Back