Analysis Lizard people, Trump and other non-corona rabbit holes

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warning: This thread contains statements and assertions that are misleading, disputed or unverified. You should make your own enquiries concerning these matters to reputable news sources. Believe what you read here at your own risk.

Normal rules still apply to this thread - play the ball not the man.

Last edited:
But the American system where it is not compulsory to vote it then becomes problematic. Stories of thousands of absentee ballots being pasted around for people to sign .

Not even having to be a US citizen to post one in .

Sounds like a very easy way to rig elections .
You've hit the nail on the head right there.

Uncle Donny has been outed as a confirmed conspiracy theorist. Best to ignore his blather.

You've hit the nail on the head right there.

Uncle Donny has been outed as a confirmed conspiracy theorist. Best to ignore his blather.
Take heed of the Twitter warnings!

If it were that easy, Trump would be doing it himself (on a much bigger, huge(er), better scale of course. The best vote rigging in the world)

Take heed of the Twitter warnings!

If it were that easy, Trump would be doing it himself (on a much bigger, huge(er), better scale of course. The best vote rigging in the world)
I mean... it would explain how the f he ended up as President of the United States of America

There is a difference between postal votes and absentee votes .

Sure they should exist for genuine absentee for not being in the country or the state .

Or for remote locations.

Our absentee ballots are strictly regulated to ensure that there in no fraud . These should be applied for before hand and ID provided .

But the American system where it is not compulsory to vote it then becomes problematic. Stories of thousands of absentee ballots being pasted around for people to sign .

Not even having to be a US citizen to post one in .

Sounds like a very easy way to rig elections .

In these stories, how are the spare postal votes acquired?

I understand you have to jump through some significant hoops to prove your identity to get a ballot. Who are these people that care enough to get a ballot but not enough to actually fill it in themselves?

I think we’re spoiled in Australia when it comes to how easy it is to vote and how relatively smoothly our elections run. There’s the odd spat when electoral boundaries are adjusted and a handful of instances of votes going missing but no complaints of widespread election fraud and anything over about half an hour to vote is considered a long time

We also have sausage sizzles at election booths

The process of simply casting a vote in the US seems ridiculously difficult and it’s no surprise then their voter turnout is so low. Then you go down the rabbit hole of voter suppression in certain districts and it gets very murky

In these stories, how are the spare postal votes acquired?

I understand you have to jump through some significant hoops to prove your identity to get a ballot. Who are these people that care enough to get a ballot but not enough to actually fill it in themselves?
We are having a misunderstanding. I have no problem with absentee voting or mail in voting where you have to show ID .

The problem comes where 35 US states are trying to have the caveat of having to provide your ID to mail in vote abolished

This could lead to fraudulent voting of extra postal votes being acquired and sent in with peoples names on them without checks and balances
This is what the republicans are unhappy about .
I don’t know. It was my suggestion as to why it might be an issue. Hence the question mark.
Didn't get the sarcasm as I was just skimming. Thought you actually had some statistics as to why it would be harder for African Americans to vote .

We are having a misunderstanding. I have no problem with absentee voting or mail in voting where you have to show ID .

The problem comes where 35 US states are trying to have the caveat of having to provide your ID to mail in vote abolished
Different system and country

This could lead to fraudulent voting of extra postal votes being acquired and sent in with peoples names on them without checks and balances
This is what the republicans are unhappy about .

Where do you get this from? 35 seems like a very high number of states. It’s certainly more states than the Democrats control, so obviously it’s not going to happen in 35 states.

Didn't get the sarcasm as I was just skimming. Thought you actually had some statistics as to why it would be harder for African Americans to vote .

It wasn’t sarcasm, it was my suggested reason (without any source to back it up) why needing to vote by mail is a particular issue for the black community. It makes sense - they’re over represented in “essential” jobs that require them to work through lockdowns, so IMO they’d be likely to be over-represented in jobs that make it difficult to take time off to vote on a Tuesday. But I don’t have stats.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The process of simply casting a vote in the US seems ridiculously difficult and it’s no surprise then their voter turnout is so low. Then you go down the rabbit hole of voter suppression in certain districts and it gets very murky
They still vote on Tuesdays... which was a rule brought in a century ago to allow country folk to round up their slaves and make the several day long trek on horse and cart to the city to cast their vote. 'Leader of the free world' 😣

Some of these liberal collage students probably work for media like the Washington post now 😂

Weird how Fox News pushes that people in LA and NY are not representative of the rest of the US right up until it starts helping their argument.

I think we’re spoiled in Australia when it comes to how easy it is to vote and how relatively smoothly our elections run. There’s the odd spat when electoral boundaries are adjusted and a handful of instances of votes going missing but no complaints of widespread election fraud and anything over about half an hour to vote is considered a long time

We also have sausage sizzles at election booths

I guess that the only problems we have here is determining weather the candidates are born here or have a grandfather or great grandfather who is a Viking, a Carthaginian or someone from the Ming Dynasty.

In keeping with the thread.......I think our Cameron will trump their Cameron.
And also in keeping with our Kelly being better that their Kelly when we Palau GWS
And our McGovern is better than their McGovern when we play Carlton
And our AhChee is better that their AhChee as well as the Cameron when we play Brisbane.
And while North Melbourne have Ahern our Hurn is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back