Autopsy Round 17, 2024: Positives and Negatives vs Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Same Shitake different round for a few of our older lads.

A few of them out of contract too, but stuff it, let's keep playing them. Pi55 the kids off and the fans too, recipe for success.

1720420123035.png

Again, we were the older team and looked no where near the opposition. With the age of the team we are selecting week in and week out, I don't buy in to a good quarter or two, once you are down by 50 points. This is become quite dark to track, feel like the hole we are in, is getting deeper and deeper. Are we digging up?
1720421856677.png

In terms of scoring, we were belted in:
Turnover: Eagles 3.5.23 v Demons 12.7.79
Scores from def half origin: Eagles 1.4.10 v Demons 9.4.58

We did, however, win scores from Centre Bounce: Eagles 3.2.20 v Demons 0.1.1

Generally, you'd be happy if you beat the other team at clearance (+5), intercept marks (+5), hit outs (+6) and matched them for inside 50's, that's a sign you'll have a fair dinkum crack and be a red hot chance at winning. Currently at West Coast, that's a 60 point loss...

Not going to go over the top and whinge about it until it happens, but it is time for a new coach. Respect to him for everything he's done and I truly hope it ends on good/reasonable terms, but its time.

Same Shitake different round for a few of our older lads.

A few of them out of contract too, but stuff it, let's keep playing them. Pi55 the kids off and the fans too, recipe for success.

View attachment 2042655

Again, we were the older team and looked no where near the opposition. With the age of the team we are selecting week in and week out, I don't buy in to a good quarter or two, once you are down by 50 points. This is become quite dark to track, feel like the hole we are in, is getting deeper and deeper. Are we digging up?
View attachment 2042693

In terms of scoring, we were belted in:
Turnover: Eagles 3.5.23 v Demons 12.7.79
Scores from def half origin: Eagles 1.4.10 v Demons 9.4.58

We did, however, win scores from Centre Bounce: Eagles 3.2.20 v Demons 0.1.1

Generally, you'd be happy if you beat the other team at clearance (+5), intercept marks (+5), hit outs (+6) and matched them for inside 50's, that's a sign you'll have a fair dinkum crack and be a red hot chance at winning. Currently at West Coast, that's a 60 point loss...

Not going to go over the top and whinge about it until it happens, but it is time for a new coach. Respect to him for everything he's done and I truly hope it ends on good/reasonable terms, but its time.

who's stats are these? can we get a rating/age figure that's adjusted for TOG? noticing JWilliams is ranking low but I assume that's because he came on late

who's stats are these? can we get a rating/age figure that's adjusted for TOG? noticing JWilliams is ranking low but I assume that's because he came on late
Can do, find that below.

Jack Williams up from rank 21st, to ranked 9th with TOG weighted in. Nice idea, I'll consider continuing that in the future.

Unfortunately, we see some similar names, over the age of 25, down south of the chart.

For these, I use Champion Data's stats/data. Generally not to pot the younger lads, more so to defend them, especially when people want someone to blame and choose the kids when we have plenty of senior citizens doing far less.

1720430578286.png

Can do, find that below.

Jack Williams up from rank 21st, to ranked 9th with TOG weighted in. Nice idea, I'll consider continuing that in the future.

Unfortunately, we see some similar names, over the age of 25, down south of the chart.

For these, I use Champion Data's stats/data. Generally not to pot the younger lads, more so to defend them, especially when people want someone to blame and choose the kids when we have plenty of senior citizens doing far less.

View attachment 2042959

very interesting to see how this shifts things, thanks

do we know how champion data calculate their ratings? i am sure they are based on empirical evidence but just curious

I do however wonder how Allen can rate so low given he kicked 4 goals

Such a shame because he really knows how to find the football and break lines with his pace and spatial awareness, we really needed a player like him to be able to lace kicks consistently
No, i dont think we need a player like JJ. We need a player with speed, footy smarts and a half decent kick. Jones only has 1 of these traits.

Can do, find that below.

View attachment 2042959
Backs up our assessments of Darling and Rotham. End of the road for those 2.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 17, 2024: Positives and Negatives vs Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back