Matt Scharenberg v James Aish 2 years on

Remove this Banner Ad

Haven't seen a huge amount of freeman but I have never seen this inside game of his. Just because he is built strongly doesn't mean he ever uses it in a game. Seems more like he models his game on hawthorns hill as a link player.

He is more known for his outside work - that is what catches the eye. I would compare him to Judd - before I get torn down for that I say in that in type of player not class. Freeman should be the sort of player that can win his own ball in a contested/congested situation and then use his burst speed to clear it, he will not necessarily use it that well by foot, but thats the sort of player I expect him to be based on what I saw of him in TAC.

He is more known for his outside work - that is what catches the eye. I would compare him to Judd - before I get torn down for that I say in that in type of player not class. Freeman should be the sort of player that can win his own ball in a contested/congested situation and then use his burst speed to clear it, he will not necessarily use it that well by foot, but thats the sort of player I expect him to be based on what I saw of him in TAC.
personally I believe that it is the outside pace that we need. given Greenwood / Adams and a lesser extent Crisp are inside Bulls.

Reading this article specifically this comment: "Likewise, Collingwood should be happy. It had a tough choice between Matt Scharenberg and James Aish at pick six but in opting for Scharenberg and taking midfielder Nathan Freeman at 10, the club addressed two parts of the ground."

2 years on do you think the club is happy with their choice of Scharenberg instead of Aish? What do ppl on here think?

Considering we have both I think we are Happy. Though Wish Scharanberg did not have the ACL's

Considering we have both I think we are Happy. Though Wish Scharanberg did not have the ACL's
So far Matt is 4 games ahead of Aish.
Long term both should be excellent savants servants of our club.
Happy days

EFA savants above should have read servants

So far Matt is 4 games ahead of Aish.
Long term both should be excellent savants servants of our club.
Happy days

EFA savants above should have read servants

Aish played lot more games then Matt

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I could see Matthew Scharenberg be called the Undertaker.
This is great respect.
The undertaker in wrestling (for all its theatre and gimmicks it's still a tough brutal business) is one of the most strongest stand up guys. Quiet, but commanding, that's for real.
Has one of the greatest ever gimmicks in wrestling.
But nobody but nobody messes with him. Out of the ring either.

Getting the picture?

Funny that, My favourite ended his WWE career. HBK!! lol (bit off topic.)
Yes, and just before Shawn Michaels does so, you can see him say across to Ric Flair

"I love you"

a great mark of respect in the industry, as Ric is (in my view) the greatest ever wrestler for making wrestling look real, nobody sells better than him. This is very strongly understood in the business.
Off topic.

Anyway I have a feeling both Aish and Undertaker Scharenberg will be fine players for us.
Then there's Treloar .....

Hopefully Scharenberg actually has a career

I swear if he ends up as another Rusling I'll be pissed.

We did an amazing thing in trading into the Top 10 in the draft for 2 picks that year despite finishing in finals and we'll have literally thrown away both those picks. Devastating.

I swear if he ends up as another Rusling I'll be pissed.

We did an amazing thing in trading into the Top 10 in the draft for 2 picks that year despite finishing in finals and we'll have literally thrown away both those picks. Devastating.

Instead of being devastated, the Collingwood brains trust went out and got Aish. Onwards and upwards.

image_6.jpeg
Ah yeah, lol.

Hopefully Schache is next.

Question for AmellyPies, slightly off topic, how did you like The Phenomenal Ones debut in the Rumble.

Remove this Banner Ad

Matt Scharenberg v James Aish 2 years on

Remove this Banner Ad

Back