Matthew Lloyd

Remove this Banner Ad

O Grobbecker said:
It sounds like most football rumours. 1 % observation, 99 % invention. My interest is in the logic, or lack thereof, applied, not the rumour.

Absolutely, I wasn't flaming you.
But isn't it just as logical to think that Hird could have said absolutely nothing on the subject? Yet he went out in support for him, if they were fueding this would be unlikely.
Hird wasn't questioned on the subject, he went out about it on his own accord.

Longy413 said:
Absolutely, I wasn't flaming you.
But isn't it just as logical to think that Hird could have said absolutely nothing on the subject? Yet he went out in support for him, if they were fueding this would be unlikely.
Hird wasn't questioned on the subject, he went out about it on his own accord.

Hird writing that column was doing what he does best - making a quid

Longy413 said:
But isn't it just as logical to think that Hird could have said absolutely nothing on the subject?
Yes it's logical. But once he chose to comment, the content of his comment neither supports nor counters the feud theory.

O Grobbecker said:
Yes it's logical. But once he chose to comment, the content of his comment neither supports nor counters the feud theory.

I thought choosing to comment counters the feud theory.
If he dislikes Lloyd he would be unlikely to show support for him.

Macpie said:
I think Lloyd's problem is between the aers. He is a simple sort of chap. When his natural abilities fail him it appears to be a bit difficult to adapt. He just keeps trying the same old formula - dive - whine - chuck the grass - kick. He needs some help - maybe Cupido - he looks like a bright spark! :) :)

Sensational :D

eastaugh36 said:
You won't be laughing this Sunday. :D
Probably not but that is because Port is up against a good side playing good footy not a crap side like the Bombers.

It's good to see that Kevin Sheedy has come out and confirmed what we have all known for years and that is that Matthew "Stuka" Lloyd is a diver.

Sheedy's free advice on Lloyd
5:57:24 PM Wed 25 May, 2005
Matt Burgan
Sportal for afl.com.au

"Essendon coach Kevin Sheedy has conceded that three-time Coleman Medallist Matthew Lloyd does go to ground on occasions in an attempt to win free kicks from umpires during AFL matches."

Read the full article

wharfie_1870 said:
Probably not but that is because Port is up against a good side playing good footy not a crap side like the Bombers.

yet it took the reigning premiers at home a fluke goal in the last quater to put crap away.

wharfie_1870 said:

It's good to see that Kevin Sheedy has come out and confirmed what we have all known for years and that is that Matthew "Stuka" Lloyd is a diver.

Sheedy's free advice on Lloyd
5:57:24 PM Wed 25 May, 2005
Matt Burgan
Sportal for afl.com.au

"Essendon coach Kevin Sheedy has conceded that three-time Coleman Medallist Matthew Lloyd does go to ground on occasions in an attempt to win free kicks from umpires during AFL matches."

Read the full article

It was a very close game. In fact, play it in Melbourne and I am confident we would have won. If we are such a bad team why didn't you win by 10 goals?
You're going to cop it on Sunday when the ferals go down in Perth!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

eastaugh36 said:
It was a very close game. In fact, play it in Melbourne and I am confident we would have won. If we are such a bad team why didn't you win by 10 goals?
Because Port are playing like crap.
eastaugh36 said:
You're going to cop it on Sunday when the ferals go down in Perth!
An Essendon supporter calling Port Adelaide ferals :rolleyes:

dave_27 said:
yet it took the reigning premiers at home a fluke goal in the last quater to put crap away.
Port are playing like crap, no doubt about it. Port played 10 minutes of good footy in the last quarter which won them the game but that is 10 more minutes of good footy than the Bombers played all night.

Port out scored Essendon 5 goals to 1 in the last quarter with Essendon's sole goal coming on the final siren. You must have been watching a different game :confused:

wharfie_1870 said:
Because Port are playing like crap.
An Essendon supporter calling Port Adelaide ferals :rolleyes:

What's strange about that? Port have always been known as ferals and bogans. Essendon have never had this reputation. Unless it is made up by you as a comeback.

eastaugh36 said:
What's strange about that? Port have always been known as ferals and bogans. Essendon have never had this reputation. Unless it is made up by you as a comeback.
"Ferals" maybe but never "bogans". Bogan is after all a Melbourne term.

On what do you base your claim that "Port have always been known as ferals"?

I wouldn't call Essendon supporters ferals as a cheap unoriginal comeback or for any other reason but if people with working class heritage are feral than maybe a lot of Essendon supporters need to take a look in the mirror. Maybe you should open your eyes the next time you are driving around the Essendon area.

BTW Matthew "Stuka" Lloyd is still the greatest diver not to win an Olympic gold medal.

wharfie_1870 said:
"Ferals" maybe but never "bogans". Bogan is after all a Melbourne term.

On what do you base your claim that "Port have always been known as ferals"?

I wouldn't call Essendon supporters ferals as a cheap unoriginal comeback or for any other reason but if people with working class heritage are feral than maybe a lot of Essendon supporters need to take a look in the mirror. Maybe you should open your eyes the next time you are driving around the Essendon area.

BTW Matthew "Stuka" Lloyd is still the greatest diver not to win an Olympic gold medal.

Ok, let's put it this way, Port have a greater % of bogans and ferals.
BTW, If umpires are stupid enough to fall for his dives then I pity them.

eastaugh36 said:
Once again I ask on what do you base your claim?

eastaugh36 said:
The umpires have been paid at least $20K to give favours to Essendon. Paying frees when Matthew "Stuka" Lloyd takes a dive is just part of the service Essendon are paying for.

eastaugh36 said:
in East's simple mind the actions of an individual (or at least one in a Bummer jumper) are never held accountable. only those of the umpires who are deceived by his cheating

btw easty- what amazing Essendon tatt do you sport? - a portrait of Sheeds on your butt?

wharfie_1870 said:

The umpires have been paid at least $20K to give favours to Essendon. Paying frees when Matthew "Stuka" Lloyd takes a dive is just part of the service Essendon are paying for.

still got a long way to go before we r even to what port received from the umpires in the 2 finals games against essendon, badly biased home town umpiring.

wharfie_1870 said:

You are a joke! You deny that Port are more feral than Essendon yet actually believe a conspiracy that we paid the umpires off! :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Matthew Lloyd

Remove this Banner Ad

Back