Matthew Lloyd

Remove this Banner Ad

eastaugh36 said:
But it might be of good use this week in Perth. One unimpressive win doesn't mean you are out of the woods. You just beat a team minus it's captain, #1 forward horribly out of form and a team who can't travel to save themselves. Nullify Tredrea and we probably would have stolen it.
Wah Wah Wah. Do you really think that it's wise to use the "but we've got injuries" line with Port supporters? Do the names S.Burgoyne, P.Burgoyne and Wilson mean anything to you? Not to mention countless others that have come back from injury. If we had lost and pulled these crap excuses you would be bleating on about it forever.
Nullify Tredrea and we probably would have stolen it? I can't believe you said that, what a joke.

eastaugh36 said:
He was the difference. Check out the reviews of the game. I'm not the only one saying this.
Yes but you didn't nullify him. What are you going to do? Tell the AFL it wasn't fair that Port had Tredrea playing for them?

eastaugh36 said:
He was the difference. Check out the reviews of the game. I'm not the only one saying this.
Alright have it your way. Tredrea was better than the entire Essendon squad but he was gracious enough to share his win with the Port Adelaide team. :rolleyes:

Longy413 said:
How would we know that when you only just made it up?
Didn't make it up.I am close friends with an executive member of Essendonians,he is shattered about it.He wont reveal the ins and outs of it the club means too much to him,but he did tell me a few weeks back that its messy.From what I can gather Lloyd has been inadverdantly caught in the crossfire of some petty jealousy and infighting from some senior players.One in particular whos missus is the biggest shyte stirrer there.The bloke I know cant speak highly enough of Lloyd,but he and many others inluding the coach have gone very sour on the other big name.the club is divided by a wedge but most are sympathetic to Lloyd,however it is weighing heavily on his mind obviously.

RodneyDangerfield said:
Didn't make it up.I am close friends with an executive member of Essendonians,he is shattered about it.He wont reveal the ins and outs of it the club means too much to him,but he did tell me a few weeks back that its messy.From what I can gather Lloyd has been inadverdantly caught in the crossfire of some petty jealousy and infighting from some senior players.One in particular whos missus is the biggest shyte stirrer there.The bloke I know cant speak highly enough of Lloyd,but he and many others inluding the coach have gone very sour on the other big name.the club is divided by a wedge but most are sympathetic to Lloyd,however it is weighing heavily on his mind obviously.
now that (whether true or not) is a quality rumour. please don't let this one go cold or fade away!!! i'm fascinated - please get us informed won't you.

would certainly explain Matty's sudden fall from grace

eastaugh36 said:
But it might be of good use this week in Perth. One unimpressive win doesn't mean you are out of the woods. You just beat a team minus it's captain, #1 forward horribly out of form and a team who can't travel to save themselves. Nullify Tredrea and we probably would have stolen it.
a goal or two in the fourth quarter wouldn't have harmed the cause either!!

Macpie said:
now that (whether true or not) is a quality rumour. please don't let this one go cold or fade away!!! i'm fascinated - please get us informed won't you.

would certainly explain Matty's sudden fall from grace
100% True. Think of some big names,perhaps the biggest and watch the body language between Lloyd and that player or Sheedy and that player,even Mcveigh and that player,unless its been cleared up which is very doubtful.It will all come out in time,but credit to Essendon they are being very proffesional about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Macpie said:
Mrs H, eh? no suprises there really! been known to stick her oar in before and cause problems.
Cmon, Henneman isnt that good mate. Certainly not good enough to get his missus invloved, haha. ;) :D

The Opposition said:
Cmon, Henneman isnt that good mate. Certainly not good enough to get his missus invloved, haha. ;) :D

if the rumours are true it could well explain Lloyds current fragility. it would be a big challenge for Sheeds to unravel - especially if the golden boy was involved

Sure Lloyd is out of form, but people are forgetting a few things -

Four weeks ago Lloyd killed Scarlett. He kicked five goals and no doubt had the better of him. We have more forward options now, Lloyd is no longer our spearhead. Laycock, Lucas, Lovett, Hille have all become viable forward options in the past few weeks and that has changed the way Lloyd plays his footy.

Against Sydney he sacrifised his game by playing wide, against Fremantle he played up around the wing to take Parker away from the corridor and free up space for Laycock. On Sat night the bloke still had the ball 16 times. Lloyd is still averaging two goals a game.

Rodney may know this bloke, he may well be an Essendonian. But Essendonian's don't know the in's and outs of the club. They are basically a coterie group. Essendonian members would be subject to the same rumours that the rest of us are, they don't step foot inside the Football department, they don't make decisions, they are a supporters group. I'll take this rumour with a grain of salt. Matthew Lloyd and James Hird have done more for this club as players since Michael Long left. I'm not naive enough to think that its possible to have a group of 40 blokes and for everyone to be best mates. I play team sport, I don't get on with a couple of blokes I play footy with off the field, but when we cross the line we play for the jumper and each other. And Lloyd and Hird would be no different. To suggest that Lloyd and Hird (or whoever else you are alerting to) are fueding and its breaking down the fibres of the club is ridiculous, regardless of if and where you heard it from.

Macpie you should know better than most not to believe things like this, or where you a believer that Tarrant was shagging Mrs Buckley, that Mick had cancer and that Tarrant wanted out after he was caught doing the coaches daughter?

Longy413 said:
Sure Lloyd is out of form, but people are forgetting a few things -

Four weeks ago Lloyd killed Scarlett. He kicked five goals and no doubt had the better of him. We have more forward options now, Lloyd is no longer our spearhead. Laycock, Lucas, Lovett, Hille have all become viable forward options in the past few weeks and that has changed the way Lloyd plays his footy.

Against Sydney he sacrifised his game by playing wide, against Fremantle he played up around the wing to take Parker away from the corridor and free up space for Laycock. On Sat night the bloke still had the ball 16 times. Lloyd is still averaging two goals a game.

Rodney may know this bloke, he may well be an Essendonian. But Essendonian's don't know the in's and outs of the club. They are basically a coterie group. Essendonian members would be subject to the same rumours that the rest of us are, they don't step foot inside the Football department, they don't make decisions, they are a supporters group. I'll take this rumour with a grain of salt. Matthew Lloyd and James Hird have done more for this club as players since Michael Long left. I'm not naive enough to think that its possible to have a group of 40 blokes and for everyone to be best mates. I play team sport, I don't get on with a couple of blokes I play footy with off the field, but when we cross the line we play for the jumper and each other. And Lloyd and Hird would be no different. To suggest that Lloyd and Hird (or whoever else you are alerting to) are fueding and its breaking down the fibres of the club is ridiculous, regardless of if and where you heard it from.

Macpie you should know better than most not to believe things like this, or where you a believer that Tarrant was shagging Mrs Buckley, that Mick had cancer and that Tarrant wanted out after he was caught doing the coaches daughter?
never said I believed it. just that I found it fascinating and I do! We've had our fair share of this stuff and plenty in here revelled in it. Where would a footy forum be without juicy rumours?

Macpie said:
never said I believed it. just that I found it fascinating and I do! We've had our fair share of this stuff and plenty in here revelled in it. Where would a footy forum be without juicy rumours?

Void of rumour mongers and left with only those who like to talk football.

Fraz said:
Have to say I highly doubt that the rumour that James and Matthew are feuding. If you read Hirdy's latest column on the official Essendon website (you can read it here http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/hird2004.asp?id=31) he leaps to the defense of Lloydy and I can't imagine him doing that if they were fighting.

yeah - if they were blueing the obvious place to check would be here. I'm sure they would "bare all" on there!
I expect it had something to do with Lisa Lloyd's singing and Mrs Hird"s subsequent ear problems.

Well obviously they wouldn't come out on the website and say what was happening if the rumour was infact true but surely if it was true then Hird wouldn't have written an article defending the man he's meant to be fighting with?

Fraz said:
Well obviously they wouldn't come out on the website and say what was happening if the rumour was infact true but surely if it was true then Hird wouldn't have written an article defending the man he's meant to be fighting with?

Hird always says the right thing whether in print or a microphone - he would write whatever the chooks wanted to read

Remove this Banner Ad

Matthew Lloyd

Remove this Banner Ad

Back