Matthew Pavlich, Nick Riewoldt or Jonathan Brown

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its a bit unfair on Pav to rate him in this thread as he hasnt played a true CHF position for a while now.

I think as a leader and a physical presence Jonathon Brown has no equal in the AFL.

As far as importance goes to a team Nick Riewoldt is by far the most important player to his team bar none without riewoldt we dont stand a chance at the flag.

Bottom line is all 3 clubs are blessed to have these guys and there are 13 clubs who would quite happily take them off either of our hands

Really? One tends to forget the fact that Brown arguably has currently one of the worst clearance departments (Simon Black is the clearance department!) in the league. Without Brown, Brisbane would struggle to make the finals.

I think without Reiwoldt St Kilda would still be up there as a serious contender with superstar players such as Goddard (who himself could be a lethal CHF), Hayes, Montagna, Dal Santo and Fisher. Any team with those 5 would be a contender.

This gets pretty boring after a while.

Yep Brown is inconsistent, slow, doesnt work hard enough up the ground.. would rather Nick Riewoldt by a mile, what a champion, he's done it all.:eek:

Lets get some stats involved as well while we are at it.. Everyone loves being fed with bullshit stats to try and substantiate the crap the being spun.

I always though Kouta's best was better than James Hirds (and most in the comps to be honest...)......only problem was Kouta didnt do it as consistently as Hird did.....

Whats the point of being the best "on your day" (and against Riewoldt IMHO thats arguable) if you dont deliver consistently?:rolleyes:

What's the point of arguing against something that is purely based on opinion? Then rolling your eyes like a moron?

I simply said that (in my opinion) Brown's best is better than Riewoldt's and Pavlich's. I base that opinion on what I personally have seen from the 3 at the height of their respective powers.

What's the point of arguing against something that is purely based on opinion? Then rolling your eyes like a moron?

I simply said that (in my opinion) Brown's best is better than Riewoldt's and Pavlich's. I base that opinion on what I personally have seen from the 3 at the height of their respective powers.

At Centre Half Forward I wholeheartedly agree. But this last quarter I must admit I'd prefer Pav in my side because he can also step up and win games in the midfield.

Have a look at marks taken, and contested marks taken.

Now he does get a lot of marks leading, however have a look at the volume of contested pack marks he takes, basically due to his leap.

I got to admit i enjoy (except against us) JB's skittling defenders with his marking (plugger style :( :( )

Buddy does that also.

WHy did i place hall ahead of buddy, i think hall has just done it for longer.

By the end of his career buddy could be one of the all time greats, not just one of the greats of the current crop.

i just had to bring this tread back after tonight. Forget about Pavlich...

Are we allowed to include Pav again after tonight?

Surely 26 touches and 5 goals against the reigning premiers is at least as impressive as Roo and Brown dominating against distinctly average opposition last week?

Are we allowed to include Pav again after tonight?

Surely 26 touches and 5 goals against the reigning premiers is at least as impressive as Roo and Brown dominating against distinctly average opposition last week?
Course u can :thumbsu: After beating the premiers and him having a great game whynot :D
Shown a return to form rnd 3 after looking a little down preseason and 1st 2 rnds.
But in reailty he really has an entire season to catch up...been well below the other two for quite awhile now...even tho we know talent wise he's the same level. Some of it is to do with who u play for but consistency is transportable and has been lacking. Hopefully in for a big yr and with the team winning and Riewoldt down he'll be getting good press again starting this week. We have v short memories so its all about Brown and Pav now.

The only undefeated teams and only the one big name KPP on the paddock...he's back bigtime baby.

Pavlich for a number of reasons. He has never been suspended and has only missed a couple of games in his career.

Brown on the other hand used to find himself suspended often and also had numerous injuries to deal with in the early days.

Riewoldt has had many injuries and cries everyone once and a while. :)

The big difference with these players is that Pavlich can play all over the ground. He won All Australian in defence, midfield and forward.

Pavlich by a whisker over a period of time. Brown is an amazing player though and the last couple of years have seen him close the gap slightly. Riewoldt ahd a good year last year, but hasn;t shown the same kind of achievement over ten years like Pav and Brown.

Brown is so overated. Like tonight he may have kicked a couple of goals but how many did he miss? How many times did he pick up the ball and dispose of it incorrectly and not get called for it? ****ing umpires

One thing can always be relied upon in here...short memories.

One good game and i reckon he's back up on top...an injury and i say he was never much good really...two down games in a row and i always thought he was overrated.

Another thing becoming obvious is the old freagle fan is making a definite comeback in 2010. Magnificent to see that brotherly love happening from success starved weagle fans trying to hop onboard again.

A few wins and then Pavlich finally pulls out a great game along the lines of what the other guys have been doing and he's back on top baby :thumbsu:

Thing about Pav is that he's always been an easy one for the neutrals to love...noone ever gave a shyt about Freo when losing nor did Pav come under any critcism as not dragging them kicking and screaming up the ladder. They started winning this season without Pav still not looking too shithot but in Rnd 3 2010 he's all of a sudden an ubergun again being ranked above Riewoldt and Brown despite the level they were at the last season or two.

Hell i luv Pav too :D.
Never hurts to say that coz he's very much like Richo was at the Tiges in a way...we know he's wasted at a club noone is ever bothered by or feels is a threat.

Reality tho is he has a lot of ground to make up to be ranked back up alongside the other two after the last season or two. The other two have been walking headlines for very good reason and the last 20 or so AFL HnA games have been the Riewoldt/Brown show and for the KPF purists it has been brilliant to watch...even reached the point where comparisons with all time greats have started which is saying a lot.

We lost one so he'll be consigned to third instantly.

All three are out and out true C H A M P I O N S who will only be truly appreciated and respected after retiring. Each one has a strength to their game another cant match and it really wouldnt matter which one u have they make such a massive difference to any club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brown is so overated. Like tonight he may have kicked a couple of goals but how many did he miss? How many times did he pick up the ball and dispose of it incorrectly and not get called for it? ****ing umpires

Not using it as an excuse, but from all reports, Brown looked like he had played a half of football before the game started. He looked tired, which is why his set shot kicking may have been bad. Don'y forget he had 20 disposals and kicked 2.3 against Lake. If he had converted two of those misses for 4.1, you'd be in awe of how awesome he is.

Huh? Averaging 20 touches, 10 marks and 5 goals a game. What a stupid comment.

I would say over the next 3 months pavlich will significantly outperform Nick.

so on current form

Brown
Pavlich
bandaid.

That said, Brown is a beast and wouldn't mind him down at the saints crippling opposition defenders.

And whats going on with buddy? he can't seem to run through a tissue at the moment :(

I enjoyed watching him smash up defenders (except against us /sigh). Injuries? diet? game plan?

No doubt, as a Saint supporter I am biased, so let me explain why Riewoldt is the pick. As a classic centre half forward Brownie is the man. He really is in the Carey mode. Riewoldt is more a centre half forward for the modern game. He is more versatile. He can stay back, or run his opponent ragged. Basically his athleticism puts him over Brown. I rate them equal in marking and leadership.

I would go Pav. He is criminally underrated. Ill never forget watching a freo game once and Pav getting extrememly frustrated at the fact that the midfield couldn't get the ball down to him so after an opposition goal ran up to the centre square, got the tap down from Sandilands, burst through about 3 players and kicked a goal from 60 out. Look on his face was like 'Gee I have to do everything dont I?' Was pretty funny.

Little bit of deja vu against Geelong :thumbsu:

One thing can always be relied upon in here...short memories.

One good game and i reckon he's back up on top...an injury and i say he was never much good really...two down games in a row and i always thought he was overrated.

Another thing becoming obvious is the old freagle fan is making a definite comeback in 2010. Magnificent to see that brotherly love happening from success starved weagle fans trying to hop onboard again.

A few wins and then Pavlich finally pulls out a great game along the lines of what the other guys have been doing and he's back on top baby :thumbsu:

Thing about Pav is that he's always been an easy one for the neutrals to love...noone ever gave a shyt about Freo when losing nor did Pav come under any critcism as not dragging them kicking and screaming up the ladder. They started winning this season without Pav still not looking too shithot but in Rnd 3 2010 he's all of a sudden an ubergun again being ranked above Riewoldt and Brown despite the level they were at the last season or two.

Hell i luv Pav too :D.
Never hurts to say that coz he's very much like Richo was at the Tiges in a way...we know he's wasted at a club noone is ever bothered by or feels is a threat.

Reality tho is he has a lot of ground to make up to be ranked back up alongside the other two after the last season or two. The other two have been walking headlines for very good reason and the last 20 or so AFL HnA games have been the Riewoldt/Brown show and for the KPF purists it has been brilliant to watch...even reached the point where comparisons with all time greats have started which is saying a lot.

We lost one so he'll be consigned to third instantly.

All three are out and out true C H A M P I O N S who will only be truly appreciated and respected after retiring. Each one has a strength to their game another cant match and it really wouldnt matter which one u have they make such a massive difference to any club.

Outstanding post :thumbsu: The bolded section particularly. Peoples 'all time' opinion changing from game to game shows how objective most of the talk really is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back