News McAsey returns to football, Hmmmm

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope that he can make a comeback into the AFL.

What I think about is that we picked him at No 6 and when he decided to retire from the AFL we simply lost our pick. Normally a retirement is just that. You go off into the blue yonder. But if a player decides he wants to return why isn't there any compensation to the AFC for the loss. I mean if we had been the initiator to make him leave the club then thats OK but given it was his request to leave then I believe there has to be some compensation. If not then this type of thing could be manipulated by clubs in the future. Laugh if you want but lets face it clubs do find ways to get around the rules.

Why should we be compensated for our poor draft choice and subsequent lack of development?

It's a fair way back to the AFL from St Kilda city in div 2 SFNL. Looks like he is playing socially

He did an interview on SEN a while back and he was doing Raiki on the beach in St Kilda or something. I don't think the AFL lifestyle suited him one bit

You do realise we've been the beneficiary with Keane of just that though not through a top end draft pick.
NO I didnt really. I know there are swings and roundabouts it just hurts me to see a No 6 pick produce nothing for us and heaven forbid after our recent form with our draft selections that just makes it hurt more. I was aware that Mal Michael did do a similar thing when he left the Lions and went to Essendon.

Why should we be compensated for our poor draft choice and subsequent lack of development?
Poor draft choice. Really!. Lack of development is a different consideration and I wouldnt argue about that. I have often queried what is the problem with our drafts. Is it a poor selection process or is it poor development. No one outside the club can give a definitive/accurate answer.

Poor draft choice. Really!. Lack of development is a different consideration and I wouldnt argue about that. I have often queried what is the problem with our drafts. Is it a poor selection process or is it poor development. No one outside the club can give a definitive/accurate answer.
It was a poor draft choice then and nothing has changed since

Got my tin foil hat on.....

An AFL club tried to trade him from us, we asked too much. They walk away...

McAsey "retires" and we give a clearance so he can qualify for the draft this year. Technically he is still a Crow till that clearance. Can qualify for draft playing low level club Footy.

He gets Rookie Listed.

Nah....just kidding. Good on him for having a kick.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

News McAsey returns to football, Hmmmm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back