Game Day McMurphy Crows at the G v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

It was very close.

I initially thought he ran too far when I was watching it live, but then looking at the replay he took about 15 steps which is right on the limit.

Personally I thought It was a 50/50 call.

The inside 50 after Rankine kicked it was also spoiled so I am not sure if we would have scored. But back in 2017 they let Buddy go because they didn't want to take away a goal of the year contender. But the stupid 50 against Eddie after he argued a bad call. Troy Pannell the worst umpire ever, glad he is gone.

Maybe if we tried harder in the second quarter things would have been very different not only with the result but also with the season ahead.

Rankine kicked one of the goals of the year but it was never going to mean anything in the end.

When De Goey marked on the lead in the last 2 minutes I knew that was the ballgame.

Last edited:
It was very close.

I initially thought he ran too far when I was watching it live, but then looking at the replay he took about 15 steps which is right on the limit.

Personally I thought It was a 50/50 call.
And that is the issue. 50/50, the umpire panicked and ruined the ending of the game.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Is everyone just inherently trusting Jack Riewoldt’s “14 steps” horse s**t? After slowing down the vision, Rankine took at least 20 steps after bouncing the ball (you actually need to count both legs), AND we were 50/1 to score a goal even if it wasn’t paid.

Pies had 8 frees all day including that one. Is that some sort of all time low?

We ran in a goal from an obvious free against Keane that wasn’t paid.

We scored another goal from a blatant throw by Laird.

The free to Butts near the end was pretty contentious and the Pies would’ve walked in a goal if it wasn’t paid.

Umps had nothing to do with this result. Our general incompetence and moronic decision making in tight situations had everything to do with it.

O’Brien, Keays, Jones, Smith and Laird led the way with incomprehensibly bad decision making when it mattered. Not young, inexperienced players - these tried and tested failures. If we continue to ignore that, we’ll continue to get the same results as a club.
100% agree.
Imagine if they didn't train close matches this week 🙄
Nicks is a fraud. Whilst he's at the helm, we will never be anything other than ordinary.

40 out tries to snap a goal… the man is delusional, it cost the game, look at the options he has just around him…

View attachment 1992509

The fact he chooses to go his on his own is one of the most selfish horrendous moves a player has done in this football club.
That vision makes it even more sickening. He has always been a selfish campaigner when it comes to kicking goals. He should be delisted the piece of turd

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve had enough of ROB. He is an incompetent footballer who constantly gets in the way of others and mucks up our play. He cannot mark he cannot kick and always makes the wrong decision
2nd in Rucks for clangers. But 11th for disposals. Also 14th for marks.

Before this game he was 47 clangers from 110 disposals.

Huge part of the problem

Is everyone just inherently trusting Jack Riewoldt’s “14 steps” horse s**t? After slowing down the vision, Rankine took at least 20 steps after bouncing the ball (you actually need to count both legs), AND we were 50/1 to score a goal even if it wasn’t paid.
I only looked at the replay once but I counted 14 steps. No way it was 20+.

I only looked at the replay once but I counted 14 steps. No way it was 20+.

it doesn't matter its not how many steps you take its 15 metres. a runner will cover that in about 12-14 steps depending on your leg gap and how fast you are running. Most players easily run well over this between bounces these days. Surprised he was called to be honest.

it over doesn't matter its not how many steps you take its 15 metres. a runner will cover that in about 12-14 steps depending on your leg gap and how fast you are running. Most players easily run well over this between bounces these days. Surprised he was called to be honest.
Yep

Technically there. But that distance rarely called.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

If there wasn't an inherent bias against Adelaide by the umpires you'd expect us to get the one of these marginal decisions going our way at the end of a tight match from time to time... Yet here we are - not ******* one.

The maggots couldn't even call a simple htb our way when Draper starts dry humping the ball ffs... I've got no doubt Collingwood would've got that free last year where Dawson was smacked high across the face...
Melbourne game at AO deliberate not paid?

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day McMurphy Crows at the G v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back