Roast Media Shakes Head, Part 8

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 2089922
Imagine being reduced from a guy whose ongoing campaigns against coaches (Port and Crows) would mount the pressure such that they get sacked, to a guy who just writes truisms extending the career of the most unsuccessful coach in VFL/AFL history
Rucci is reporting poor widdle Kenny saying "We'll twy werry hard".

Lol there's been some takes by the 'experts' this year.. but this is a take!

View attachment 2090068
There used to be a sports channel in Italy were they would just spend 30 minutes digging up "expert opinions" and then running highlights of said player/team doing the complete opposite.

Channel 10 or any non AFL channel should get on it, they'd have more footage than 4 games per week.

A few obvious differences here. Chiefly being that Kenny's tenure is now (almost) as long as Choco's for one...

Kane just can't help himself, pot shotting us for booing every opportunity he gets.......he's said the same thing like 9 times now.

Bloody hypocrite considering his stance all year on Bevo

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
He's gonna look good if we go out in straight sets

I'm sure he'll change the goal posts for ken again though

A few obvious differences here. Chiefly being that Kenny's tenure is now (almost) as long as Choco's for one...

The other difference being that Choco actually did prove the doubters wrong. If Hinkley does that then the comparison fits. If he bombs again, nothing changes.

The other difference being that Choco actually did prove the doubters wrong. If Hinkley does that then the comparison fits. If he bombs again, nothing changes.
So many oppo fans on Bigfooty and in the media are talking like Ken has already proven the fans wrong, and in doing so betraying their total lack of understanding of what the fans' argument against Ken even is.

We've been here before. In fact, we've been here three out of the last four seasons. Ken hasn't even started proving us wrong yet. His chance to do so starts in September. And he should be grateful he's even getting that chance, because it's more chances than any other coach in AFL history has ever been given.

So many oppo fans on Bigfooty and in the media are talking like Ken has already proven the fans wrong, and in doing so betraying their total lack of understanding of what the fans' argument against Ken even is.

We've been here before. In fact, we've been here three out of the last four seasons. Ken hasn't even started proving us wrong yet. His chance to do so starts in September. And he should be grateful he's even getting that chance, because it's more chances than any other coach in AFL history has ever been given.
You're both right. Connolly explicitly outlines the reasons why KH gets criticism in a way to make it obvious and then basically says that Ken will be able to 'Choco' the doubters.

Personally I'd love to see Ken on the dais say "And Warren Tredrea and half the Port supporter base, you were wrong!" Purely for the meltdown the rest of the dishlickers running the club would have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I find it amusing that the media are having their bit each way. "Ken's done a great job!" vs "Ya can't trust this mob/Fake Top 4 team!" Well, which is it?
...or Port have been lucky facing out of form or injured teams vs other teams having "tough" draws (which includes losing to Port)

Personally I'd love to see Ken on the dais say "And Warren Tredrea and half the Port supporter base, you were wrong!" Purely for the meltdown the rest of the dishlickers running the club would have.

Warren is a must to hand over the cup in this scenario I would have thought? Juxtaposition for Warren handing the cup to Ken :p:trophy:

Warren is a must to hand over the cup in this scenario I would have thought? Juxtaposition for Warren handing the cup to Ken :p:trophy:
Kochie and Richo will orchestrate it so Choco hands it over, thus validating their decision to keep Ken on to become our 'greatest coach ever'.

I find it amusing that the media are having their bit each way. "Ken's done a great job!" vs "Ya can't trust this mob/Fake Top 4 team!" Well, which is it?

It’s the way when talking about us.

Port Powa Est 1997!!!

Dave Granger bashed Cornsey!!

1990 you stabbed us in the back ..

Why don’t you wear pink!!

Pick a ****ing lane you simpletons.

I loath the Cornes segment on the 7 news but have unfortunately caught a few mins of it in the past few weeks, what I love is the disrespect he genuinely shows for us. Has a bit of 1990 about it; after an in depth breakdown of the Crows match “And Port you won, you were ok, but you’re lucky to be second. You’re not that good, but is a weird season, maybe you will steal one”
After the showdown whinge and in-depth look at how the Crows lost, they were good but unlucky.

This state is so stuck in 1978, how this bloke is relevant in 2024 is so strange. He isn’t Adelaide answer to Lou Richards. Make like Anne Wills or whatever her name was, you’re a C Grade celebrity get off our screens.

Last edited:
Choco stuffed up home QFs not home PFs. Once he got the home QFs right, he didn't lose a home PF.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Media Shakes Head, Part 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back