Roast Media Shakes Head, Part 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Was he sacked from The Advertiser? I never read it anymore so I didn't know this. Hilarious

I think they call it taking voluntary redundancy. Not sure how voluntary it was though, or how redundant he was, because Simian Thomas-Hyphen seems to have slotted in to the same role.

Remember during "the streak (TM)" where the pre-game build for weeks was absolute wall to wall Kenny? Nothing about the players... just Kenny this Kenny that absolutely non stop. I've never seen anything like it.
The feminine strut and finger wiggle

Grundy turned down the Ken Hinkley Football Club. Probably a good decision.

He probably got Jonestown vibes when he met with the Port people. Maybe he told them he'd wait and see how the finals panned out. Or maybe he's a Paul Kelly fan...

But not Ben Folds so much...

Last edited:
How on earth is it distasteful to choose one club or one city over another? Grundy can go wherever he likes, as long as someone in that city is willing to pay his salary. I wonder if Wilson would move to Adelaide if her employer told her "we can't offer you a position in Melbourne, but we've opened up a role for you in Adelaide"? My guess is she'd start looking at Melbourne based job offers from rival News Limited or whoever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How on earth is it distasteful to choose one club or one city over another? Grundy can go wherever he likes, as long as someone in that city is willing to pay his salary. I wonder if Wilson would move to Adelaide if her employer told her "we can't offer you a position in Melbourne, but we've opened up a role for you in Adelaide"? My guess is she'd start looking at Melbourne based job offers from rival News Limited or whoever.
Grundy (I don't know him at all) seems like the type that would have nothing to do with Hinkley. Caro has to spin things in favour of poor creepy "Kenny". Everyone must simply love him.

Not footy related but indicative of the Murdoch rag that passes as a newspaper in this town...

The lead story in my copy of today's Monopoly Times is all about a bunch of Scotch College boys who were suspended for a night time sortie to get some steak and chips. Not only is it the front page headline but it gets a two page colour spread a few pages in. Have I got my priorities wrong or maybe one of the boys was Ken Hinkley's nephew?

I guess while they are dishing up this trash they are leaving Port Adelaide alone.

I have never met Brodie Grundy but my son has contact with one of his siblings. From what I have been told Brodie is very mercenary in his dealings and has some problems about returning to Adelaide and I have no doubt that a return to Adelaide was a last resort. Good luck to Grundy if he wants to go to Sydney but the thought of the PAFC being used still leaves a bad taste.

As for Hinkley he may have been the patsy in Grundy's game but at least he shows signs that he realises the we have to do something about our ruck situation and was prepared to get off his arse and fly to Melbourne to talk. I am not Hinkley's greatest fan but I am not prepared to knock him for having a go.

Remember during "the streak (TM)" where the pre-game build for weeks was absolute wall to wall Kenny? Nothing about the players... just Kenny this Kenny that absolutely non stop. I've never seen anything like it.

Streak comes to emphatic, shuddering end

"it's all on the players".

Grundy (I don't know him at all) seems like the type that would have nothing to do with Hinkley. Caro has to spin things in favour of poor creepy "Kenny". Everyone must simply love him.
I don't know the ruck hipster doofus but you would assume he wouldn't be into greyhounds and all that comes with it.

Also, his bro would have the inside on how he truly treats the boys.

I don't have a problem with Grundy going to the Swans. They have a pretty good midfield and upwardly mobile social life.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Media Shakes Head, Part 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back