Roast Media Shakes Head, Part 8

Remove this Banner Ad

According to the Victorian biased media Collingwood have now won 16 AFL Premierships since 1990. As Carlton and Essendon are also credited with 16 AFL Premierships that makes a collective total of 48 Premierships in 34 seasons since the AFL was formed some feat that. :rolleyes:

I find it really ******* annoying that Victorian Clubs can take their pre AFL history with them into the AFL but the PAFC cannot.
You can't have your cake and eat it too. The AFL is/was the VFL, just a name change. Just as the Power were the Magpies, just a name change.

No matter which way you try to spin it, we joined their league. A new league was never created just as a new Port Adelaide Football Club was never created.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Only a few weeks ago if somebody dared to take a shot at Hinkley on a post in /r/afl on Reddit, you'd be shot down in a heartbeat, but now it's home to multiple posts and stories questioning Ken and the administration. Hell, there's even a link to Warren Tredrea's comments with a complete lack of self-righteous w***ers replying about his covid vax postion which would be unheard of just a few weeks ago. I'm seeing tonnes of comments from Port and non-port people about how the media seem to have Hinkley blinkers on. The club got completely suckered by the media and the non-port supporting footy public on this. Many here will tell you it's not the first time either.
Yeah I've noticed a sudden shift on Reddit. One month ago it was honestly worse than Facebook. Now all posters from all clubs will sneak a Hinkley jab in somewhere and Port will welcome it.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

You can't have your cake and eat it too. The AFL is/was the VFL, just a name change. Just as the Power were the Magpies, just a name change.

No matter which way you try to spin it, we joined their league. A new league was never created just as a new Port Adelaide Football Club was never created.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
This is the unfortunate truth and it won't change. The Vics control everything. The League is basically WWE with the controlling interests being the Victorian Government and the MCC.

Would Kane have a single mate across the multitude of teams he's been a part of? Tredrea, Carr, Hardwick, Kingsley, Dew would all have massive reasons to hate him, does he have anyone in his corner?
Cassisi Thurstans Burgoyne for a start, all part of the Ken lovers

Chad is too but something tells me he still won't invite his brother to sit at the bro table

...I actually don't mind Tom Morris lol

Almost every man has said far worse than what he got hung for, lets not pretend otherwise. Absolute idiot getting caught, and clearly not his finest moment but he got blown off the park for it. I'm ok with the punishment and return. It's not condoning what he did, and support the punishment but life long banishment for unprofessional comments is pretty rough.

Absolutely not.

'Im not a black, an Asian, a woman, a gay, so don't treat me like one!'

What kind of man is speaking like this that isn't nearing the pension?

Everyone focused on the fact he gossiped about a lesbian and overlooked the other shit he said that was far worse.

Last edited:
This board:

Walker deserved the death penalty!

Also

Tom Morris ain't that bad it was just a few cheeky comments with da boiz

Are you sure that the people who are defending Tom Morris are the same people who want to cancel Walker?

I think people should be encouraged to learn and grow from their mistakes rather than being written off as 'this is what you are forever'.

'Im not a black, an Asian, a woman, a gay, so don't treat me like one!'

What kind of man is speaking like this that isn't nesting the pension?

Everyone focused on the fact he gossiped about a lesbian and overlooked the other s**t he said that was far worse.

Jesus Edgie. For a Bogan Savant, you can get on your high horse from time to time.

Are you sure that the people who are defending Tom Morris are the same people who want to cancel Walker?

I think people should be encouraged to learn and grow from their mistakes rather than being written off as 'this is what you are forever'.

Jesus Edgie. For a Bogan Savant, you can get on your high horse from time to time.

I find it weird that some private school douche can basically display bigotry to every known demographic and get a pass mark from the general people around here after a year, but some middle class kid from the country does something also racist and wrong a longer time ago and has to wear it forever.

**** sake look who you lot have got me defending. Walker can't get a kick without a reminder he's a racist, but Tom Morris is racist, sexist, and homophobic, and gets an all good mate, live and learn!

I don't get it. Someone help me out here? Give me an old fashioned Hinkley learning a lesson.

I find it weird that some private school douche can basically display bigotry to every known demographic and get a pass mark from the general people around here after a year, but some middle class kid from the country does something also racist and wrong a longer time ago and has to wear it forever.

* sake look who you lot have got me defending. Walker can't get a kick without a reminder he's a racist, but Tom Morris is racist, sexist, and homophobic, and gets an all good mate, live and learn!

I don't get it. Someone help me out here? Give me an old fashioned Hinkley learning a lesson.

Well Edgie, I couldn't give a flying fcuk what either of them said. And from the version of events I heard, Robbie Young said something just as "bad" as Walker did, but nobody gives a flying fcuk about that either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

* sake look who you lot have got me defending. Walker can't get a kick without a reminder he's a racist, but Tom Morris is racist, sexist, and homophobic, and gets an all good mate, live and learn!

Tom Morris coped a bigger whack than Walker and actually seems sorry for what he did. What also helps Tom is that what he said was actually funny as opposed to Walker which was violent.

Well Edgie, I couldn't give a flying fcuk what either of them said. And from the version of events I heard, Robbie Young said something just as "bad" as Walker did, but nobody gives a flying fcuk about that either.
Breaking news

Papa don't care about minorities.

All of it.
'To the lads on tier four, I'm not Asian, I'm not black, I'm not a woman, I'm not gay. So don't treat me like s**t,' he said in the clip.

'I'm a man with a heart and I've got feelings.'

Hilarious.

Can't wait for comedy night with Taz and Papa. Maybe we can get Daryl Sommers to host.

Maybe it's just me but I read this and think this typifies everything that's wrong with Victorian reporting on a national competition

'To the lads on tier four, I'm not Asian, I'm not black, I'm not a woman, I'm not gay. So don't treat me like s**t,' he said in the clip.

Hilarious.

Can't wait for comedy night with Taz and Papa. Maybe we can get Daryl Sommers to host.

I read that first quote and I'm not really sure what the punchline is supposed to be, so hard to get upset about it.

Also, Walker's comments were news for weeks. Of course people would take issue with something that's in their face constantly, even more so if it's a high profile player from a team they don't like rather than some faceless reporter.

Hilarious.

I just think there's a difference in intent between what Morris and Walker said. One was an attempt at humour and one was looking for violence.

Maybe it's just me but I read this and think this typifies everything that's wrong with Victorian reporting on a national competition

Lol get ****ed. Coffield hasn't played a game for two seasons. Wouldn't be worth half what Liam Henry is worth after his end to the year.

No, the PAFC never changed its name. The nickname for the team in the AFL couldn't be the same as the nickname for the team in the SNAFL because it was already in use by Collingwood.

Who is defending Morris?
In a career as highly sought after as AFL media he shouldnt have a ****ing gig

But SEN has no standards ffs Hutchy was on the record that he would never jeopardise their drink safe sponsorship and messaging and still employs David King

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Media Shakes Head, Part 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back