Roast Media Shakes Head, Part 8

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m not saying he doesn’t have a reason to be bitter, but we all know he is bitter.
I think he now needs to sit stay relatively quiet and wait for his moment of vilification.
It is coming.
Terrible post.

On moto g62 5G using BigFooty.com mobile app

I actually don’t mind most of what Tredrea said.
`1qBut there is no denying he is bitter. He got told by the Club that the position on the board he thought he was entitled to wasn’t his and to go to a vote. He would walk that vote in by the way. I think Tredders has had his say and it has ruffled the feathers it needs to.
I just hope he doesn’t become the bloke that everyone goes to when they want a headline, and he ends up closing every door to him at Alberton, because the club ultimately becomes a better place if he gets a role down there.
I don't think there is ANYTHING wrong with ANYTHING Treadrea said, quite the opposite. That was the point of the post Doctor Feel was replying to. Announcing his as a "bitter-ex captain" is disrespectful. Why is his opinion worth any less that Whately's? I mean, he was talking with Luke Hodge. Do you think he'd ever have the gall to refer to Luke Hodge as "Bitter Ex-Captain" if he had something to say about Hawthorn. Unfortunately, because Warren has integrity and the courage of his conviction around his position on the Covid Vacs situation, it's now open season on his character. Do you think you would ever hear Whately describe Selwood with such disrespect? If the Port Adelaide Football Club had half as much integrity these days as it's ex-captain, they wouldn't accept a champion, premiership captain being spoken about like that... but when you have our President setting the tone....

Last edited:
I’m not saying he doesn’t have a reason to be bitter, but we all know he is bitter.
I think he now needs to sit stay relatively quiet and wait for his moment of vilification.
It is coming.
DBJ doing his bit for Ken

It is coming.
He has expressed an opinion on the coach and other factors way before expressing an interest to be on board. He ISN'T accepted for the board BECAUSE of those opinions, and now when he speaks in the same logical, consistent manner he's always spoken in, now all of a sudden he's bitter?

I lost a lot of respect for Whately a while ago. There was a stage where 360 was absolutely head over heels with Port Adelaide. They were talking about us like we were everyone's second favourite team. Then we shat the bed, like we have done consistently over the last 10 years, and the shine wore off and we stopped getting all the attention. Gerrard and his 360 cohorts felt that same dagger through the hearts we all did. They felt betrayed by our team and our coach just like all of us did. The difference is we started to want accountability. As supporters of the club, we cared. We didn't just move onto the next flash in the pan. We love OUR club and that's why as supporters, a large chunk of us have been dissatisfied with the lack of accountability and action. Players have come and gone. Assistant coaches have come and gone. Warren Treadrea, doesn't get to just stop loving Port Adelaide, he's as much a part of our history as blokes like Russell Ebert. These guys are Port Adelaide for Life. Guys like him give a shit.

Characterising a club legend as ‘bitter’ when:

1) he’s seeing the club waste myriad opportunities and feels it obvious the boardroom lacks the critical insight and experience of an elite footballer who has won premierships under Jack Cahill and Mark Williams and wants to help;

2) he’s seen a parade of randoms (including politicians and talkshop influencers) come and go from the board after being handpicked by Koch, only to be told that no, he doesn’t qualify for that entry criteria due to reasons that are wholly down to Koch’s whimsy,

Is rich.

Especially in the context of it coming from the self-appointed Chief Nerdling & Arbiter Of How Port Adelaide People Should Feel Towards Ken Hinkley And His Job Security™.
Lol would love to be in the room if Whateley and Tredders crossed paths while he's over here next week for Gather Round.

I lost a lot of respect for Whately a while ago. There was a stage where 360 was absolutely head over heels with Port Adelaide. They were talking about us like we were everyone's second favourite team. Then we shat the bed, like we have done consistently over the last 10 years, and the shine wore off and we stopped getting all the attention. Gerrard and his 360 cohorts felt that same dagger through the hearts we all did. They felt betrayed by our team and our coach just like all of us did. The difference is we started to want accountability. As supporters of the club, we cared. We didn't just move onto the next flash in the pan. We love OUR club and that's why as supporters, a large chunk of us have been dissatisfied with the lack of accountability and action. Players have come and gone. Assistant coaches have come and gone. Warren Treadrea, doesn't get to just stop loving Port Adelaide, he's as much a part of our history as blokes like Russell Ebert. These guys are Port Adelaide for Life. Guys like him give a s**t.

Gerry was never in love with Port.

He was and remains in love with Ken Hinkley.

Even if you accept the premise that Tredrea is bitter at the club, that doesn't necessarily invalidate the opinion - especially when viewed in the context of the objective facts which are 1) Hinkley's reign is at a historically long length for a coach without a premiership beside his name and 2) this year and last year are years 10 and 11 of his reign and his results are statistically the worst they've ever been.

Even if you accept the premise that Tredrea is bitter at the club, that doesn't necessarily invalidate the opinion - especially when viewed in the context of the objective facts which are 1) Hinkley's reign is at a historically long length for a coach without a premiership beside his name and 2) this year and last year are years 10 and 11 of his reign and his results are statistically the worst they've ever been.
Totally agree and if it doesn’t change soon enough I am sure there will be consequences.
I am not potting Tredrea at all I am just saying I understand if he is bitter

So Gerard Whately in his segment with Luke Hodge today described Treadrea's comments as "A bitter former captain says the situation is untenable". Does he wanna be any more disrespectful? What exactly has Warren done to deserve being described as "bitter". He's our only premiership captain. He's been critical of Hinkley in the past and has only ever put forward his position in logical terms.... Where does Whately get off? What incriminating material does Ken have on these people that results in him occupying this 'unassailable' position within the football media? I really hope all of Gerard's dismissive bullshit gets recorded (it has) and shoved back in his face when the inevitable wave comes crashing down on Ken due to poor performances. It was ok to have headlines about Nathan Buckley every second night on 360. He's a gutless, spineless front-runner. Watch the tenor of his comments change once he detects blood in the water. Disgusting.
The same Gerard Whateley who Ross Lyon wouldn't allow to interview him for years until this year due to his high horse opinion?

Gerard is looking after his mate, nothing more. You've pointed out his hypocrisy fantastically well.

Gerard has absolutely no right to call out Tredders in anyway, shape or form. Tredrea actually cares about the Port Adelaide Football Club, Gerard only cares about Ken.

At some point this year the facts are going to steamroll Gerard, Steve Johnson and god knows how many other Hinkley sycophants when the results speak for themselves and he's out of Alberton. There won't be a resurgence to save Ken despite what the players and his "fans" think, Ken's so called best list he's ever coached lacks the cattle to contend or make the 8.

They may well face that reality in Sydney on Saturday night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

we all know he is bitter.
This is not fact.

We don’t know whether it’s a fact.
I know that, in his place, I would be bitter.

In fact, I AM bitter already. Tredrea could have been bitter even before being rejected a board position.

I don’t think “bitter” here has necessarily a negative connotation.

We don’t know whether it’s a fact.
I know that, in his place, I would be bitter.

In fact, I AM bitter already. Tredrea could have been bitter even before being rejected a board position.

I don’t think “bitter” here has necessarily a negative connotation.
"we all know he is bitter"

I don't know and you don't know therefore that statement is not fact.

Don't think Tredrea is bitter at all. Think he has worked out he can do more good in the media, working against Koch, rather than sitting on the board.

Not sure why anyone would even bring it up except to defend family/friends at the club.
Ardvark Koch might just be now wishing that Tredrea was on the board.

Tredrea is not bitter about the board position, because he did not put his hand up for that position based on ego. Which these ****wits will never understand.

He did it because he thought he could help, and didn't like some of the decisions being made. He did not do it for his ****ing resume which all these board members are. ****ing CV padders.

Tredrea is not bitter about the board position, because he did not put his hand up for that position based on ego. Which these *******s will never understand.

He did it because he thought he could help, and didn't like some of the decisions being made. He did not do it for his ******* resume which all these board members are. ******* CV padders.
Yeah these board members are making the mistake of assuming Tredrea thinks like them.

Tredders for PAFC Legend status and bronze bust in the foyer of the main building (next to the one of Bruce Weber that should be there already), as you ascend the stairway to heaven (aka the Precinct bistro).

As soon as he goes away and learns about the club a bit more!

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Media Shakes Head, Part 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back