Coach Michael Voss - The Real Boss!

Remove this Banner Ad

People enjoy an adjective to describe, what they believe is unseen

Lions seem like a strong side this year, so I don't see the lose as a debacle

Our style, execution, etc? Well, ineffective would likely suffice
Part of the problem, like many here I over-rated our list during the pre-season. Now, in the light of day, we can see that we are a very middle of the road team, with many of our players tied up to huge contracts and now the club has absolutely nowhere to manoeuvre. Maybe, end of season we trade a couple of decent player's. TDK for one, then maybe McGov and Fish to the weagles.
Not going this Sunday, but I really admire you diehards who will be there with bells on. Go Blues, I do believe in miracles and it will take one.

Just take off the rose colored glasses when you peer into it or better still start looking through the windscreen to deal with reality

You still playing the man Michael?

My prediction was similar to yours, do you own a pair of those glasses too?

Or is yours a giant rear vision mirror?

#amidoingitright

Part of the problem, like many here I over-rated our list during the pre-season. Now, in the light of day, we can see that we are a very middle of the road team, with many of our players tied up to huge contracts and now the club has absolutely nowhere to manoeuvre. Maybe, end of season we trade a couple of decent player's. TDK for one, then maybe McGov and Fish to the weagles.
Not going this Sunday, but I really admire you diehards who will be there with bells on. Go Blues, I do believe in miracles and it will take one.

Season is still well in progress

It will be a ripper game , dure , tight , with some flashy skills and plenty of pace. We’ll be underdogs just perfect for the huge stage.
Baggers may just do the unexpected and bring home 4 points,
the Pies always bring out best in us when the chips are down. Go Blues
we're certainly due agst. the Pies.

Let’s get behind them, I was flat as a tack for the last couple of days but I feel like we all have to support this playing group and coaches now more than ever. I’m done with the politics of the club. Whether we are up or down for the rest of the season we should just keep supporting and backing them in. The change can start with us!

You still playing the man Michael?

My prediction was similar to yours, do you own a pair of those glasses too?

Or is yours a giant rear vision mirror?

#amidoingitright
The way we are playing 7th or 8th is not going to happen.
The fact that 7th or 8th is our ceiling without huge changes everywhere bar the senior coach: board, fitness, footy department, assistant coaches is concerning.

Let’s get behind them, I was flat as a tack for the last couple of days but I feel like we all have to support this playing group and coaches now more than ever. I’m done with the politics of the club. Whether we are up or down for the rest of the season we should just keep supporting and backing them in. The change can start with us!
Now you're talking mate. :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

psychiatrists, kicking coaches, coach coaches, change training, change game-plan, new forward coach with new plan, forwards to not take the ball unless it is directly in front, get cripps a heart, teach the basics, go back to the beginning, use advanced methods for everything, de-list 17 players, get people from other clubs, get rid of the board, get rid of mathieson, get rid of pokies, get rid of respect, get speed, move the ball quicker, better decision making, make finals, don't say ok if don't make finals, don't let cerra talk, don't talk about finals, look what the media are saying, don't listen to the media, we're too reactive to the media, we don't care about the media, voss should hose that down, train the way you play, play the same way to get a different result, einstein footy icon, misattribution to get a different result, use durdan in the middle, put weits up forward, walsh is finished, cripps running flat for a new coach, the woman who said no to lyon, the man who said peanuts, what happened to old carlton, drafting disasters, who to blame, blame is good, no more nourishment, footy.......

official-game-ball-of-the-afl-red.jpg

Don’t forget bringing back Eddie Betts to teach our smalls how to kick awesome goals and Brendan Fevola because he held the Sherrin in a funny way.

The way we are playing 7th or 8th is not going to happen.
The fact that 7th or 8th is our ceiling without huge changes everywhere bar the senior coach: board, fitness, footy department, assistant coaches is concerning.

I think we still have time to achieve finals, but we will get a better understanding over the next 4 weeks

psychiatrists, kicking coaches, coach coaches, change training, change game-plan, new forward coach with new plan, forwards to not take the ball unless it is directly in front, get cripps a heart, teach the basics, go back to the beginning, use advanced methods for everything, de-list 17 players, get people from other clubs, get rid of the board, get rid of mathieson, get rid of pokies, get rid of respect, get speed, move the ball quicker, better decision making, make finals, don't say ok if don't make finals, don't let cerra talk, don't talk about finals, look what the media are saying, don't listen to the media, we're too reactive to the media, we don't care about the media, voss should hose that down, train the way you play, play the same way to get a different result, einstein footy icon, misattribution to get a different result, use durdan in the middle, put weits up forward, walsh is finished, cripps running flat for a new coach, the woman who said no to lyon, the man who said peanuts, what happened to old carlton, drafting disasters, who to blame, blame is good, no more nourishment, footy.......

That Sherrin needs more dubbing...no wonder they cant kick straight........

The collective wisdom of the Carlton board - I suggest a copy-paste function be added to stickies in case of bad hair days.

At this stage, I am gutted! However, it would seem we are a victim of our own expectations. The reality seems to be we are a middling list without footspeed, energy and completely bereft of confidence. Optimists would suggest that no growth pattern is linear. Unfortunately ours seems to be, flat line!

I’d like to back Navy Blue in, I really would. I just can’t see this being turned around or where the lift comes from. Our contested ball strengths are being negated with relative ease and our list lacks variety and X factor outside Charlie.

I don’t have answers, I’m not in the inner sanctum and neither are many on here.
Do we have one last swing at Paddy Dow and see if he provides some burst at the stoppage?
Do we persist with King to see what we have? Do we try him back and use Weitering as the third, intercepting back?
Is it just about throwing caution to the wind and speed the game up, consequences be damned?
Play Charlie further at more stoppages to get more creative and back H in closer to goal?

The off season moves need to be about speed out of the contest and X factor, wherever that may come from.

Maybe Voss can get on the boundary and look blokes in the eye during the game? Demand uncompromising standards?

With Sydney and essendon injury woes Voss has to beat these two in our next four at a minimum. 6-1-6 at the bye will be okay with GC (mcg) and hawks (mcg) following this run. Voss just needs to implement that second half game v dogs more and things will turn for the better.

I can’t see our kicking in front of goal being as poorly as last week again. A hopeful win v Collingwood who will be going in taller than usual with Cox and DC could be amazing for our comeback.

The collective wisdom of the Carlton board - I suggest a copy-paste function be added to stickies in case of bad hair days.

May as well delete bigfooty itself if having an opinion about something you invest time and energy into is so bad JaB.

End of the day we have no control over the club and our board will always reflect what Carlton is showing than the other way around. If things are getting a bit repetitive around here you'll never have to look far to find out why. We aren't alone in this regard either because the Dee's and Richmond boards were much the same when they were in the doldrums.

Peoples comments about the club itself will never bother it but taking cheap shots at people who actually do spend time here helps even less.

Anyway Voss in his presser and Cripps said all the right things but hopefully they execute it this weekend. I can't think of a better test for our midfield as it is now than Collingwood.

Last edited:

Actual Post of the Year.

We should implement the slower game plan to halt momentum swings to actually stop them if they are occurring; not be pre-emptively doing as our default from the first bounce.

I fell like I agree 100% with this. But then again, we caught up in the 3rd against the Doggies and hit the front playing the opposite way. So at what point do you pull the trigger to change the game plan from one that's gotten us back in front, to defending the lead? All the commentators always say "it's too early to go into game saving mode" or whatever - "they've gotta keep playing the same way that got them back into this game".

So, when I think about it, the core issue in my opinion is that our defensive method has not been any good at all this year, in either style of play (vs Dogs 1st half & vs Dogs 2nd half being the two styles).

Some numbers might suggest otherwise, but it feels like we get scored against so easily from opposition kick-ins, and are picked apart on almost every oppostion F50 entry.

Coach Michael Voss - The Real Boss!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back