Player Watch Mid-Season Pick #12 (2024) - Logan Evans

Remove this Banner Ad

Hard to think of too many players who have had a better first season for us than this guy. Wilson, Wines, Butters and Rozee the ones who come to mind.

Hard to think of too many players who have had a better first season for us than this guy. Wilson, Wines, Butters and Rozee the ones who come to mind.
Think you're misremembering Butters' second season as his first. His first year wasn't that great. Didn't even get a Rising Star nom, was well behind Duursma at that point let alone Rozee.

Absolute steal.

18 head recruiting officers should all be given a hard kick up the arse for missing him in the national+rookie drafts last year.

He delivers in September, like he has the last 2 weeks, in finals like pressure games, then we will be Ok this year in covering for Houston if a few others deliver as much as he has so far.

Last edited:
Going to be a much better player with a decent pre-season under his belt.

End of the 3rd quarter he was out on his feet but kept going. A better aerobic base and he will go up several levels.

Imagine Logan being much better

Samantha Jones Wow GIF by Max

Absolute steal.

18 head recruiting officers should all be given a hard kick up the arse for missing him in the national+rookie drafts last year.

He delivers in September, like he has the last 2 weeks, in finals like pressure games, then we will be Ok this year in covering for Houston if a few others deliver as much as he has so far.

Statistically he's pretty much producing what Houston did in his debut year. No reason why he can't continue to develop into a similar type of player. I think Logan has a bit more flare about him though. Houston a bit more dour.

Statistically he's pretty much producing what Houston did in his debut year. No reason why he can't continue to develop into a similar type of player. I think Logan has a bit more flare about him though. Houston a bit more dour.

And Dan Houston's debut year was his second year on the list. He was nearly 20 years old.

Logan Evans has debuted in the same year he was drafted, had no AFL pre-season and is playing like this as an 18 year old (turns 19 in October)

Just loved the gather, bounce out of a tackle and dare to take the game on, on our half forward flank in the second half - kicking to the left of our screen. There is no fear because he hasn’t been scolded for his failures, I feel Ken really lets his half backs play with freedom, Jasper, Broady, Dan, Faz and now Logan. I don’t know if Logan needs to ‘play better’ if he plays at this level for the next 200 games he is going to be one hell of a player.

I assume this was Bradley, Anderson, Abernathy? Straight in and play to a level expected of a senior footballer and then stay there.

Just loved the gather, bounce out of a tackle and dare to take the game on, on our half forward flank in the second half - kicking to the left of our screen. There is no fear because he hasn’t been scolded for his failures, I feel Ken really lets his half backs play with freedom, Jasper, Broady, Dan, Faz and now Logan. I don’t know if Logan needs to ‘play better’ if he plays at this level for the next 200 games he is going to be one hell of a player.

I assume this was Bradley, Anderson, Abernathy? Straight in and play to a level expected of a senior footballer and then stay there.

Yep, definitely the case for those 3, just natural footballers with great athletic gifts who stepped straight up. Bradley's first year was nearly scuttled by glandular fever but came back late in the year to star in a grand final.

Had a rough game in the showdown but was very good last night. Well done kid.
His first showdown and they aren't like normal matches especially when they hear up. So for an 18 year old and his role, he definitely took it on. Look at Rachelle wimping out of a contest and he just comes in to get the ball and be physical. That right there shows way more skill and grit. Guaranteed he'll go even better next showdowns to come. It's finals we will need to see how he handles now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just can't believe how much this kid has stepped up and grown. Nailing a pick like that is such a boost for list management. Lorenz and Evans definitely look likely to make it, which given the picks we had would be a great season of recruitment. Hopefully some of the other 3 show us some special stuff next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Mid-Season Pick #12 (2024) - Logan Evans

Remove this Banner Ad

Back