NAB Challenge - W. Bulldogs v Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Facts.

1) Doggies probably trying to emulate Rd 1 more so than Freo as Freo have their structures in place and are getting fitness into players
2) Doggies probably a few weeks more advanced in fitness as pre-season started 3-4 weeks earlier than Freo
3) Doggies had more possessions, inside 50's and scoring shots
4) Doggies missing 2 of their most important players in Griffen and Murphy (as well as Grant)
5) Dockers missing key players like Fyfe, Clarke, Ibbotson, Sylvia
6) Dockers not really interested in the result, Crowley not tagging for much of the game, Mayne sub.
7) Cooney looks impressive and McRae and Stevens showed good signs
8) Dockers key players Sandi, Pav, McPharlin, Walters, Mundy look fit and on track
9) Both sides looked a little rusty, fumbled, missed handballs, missed marks, fluffed kicks
10) There were momentum swings and there were patches were both sides impressed and vice versa

So what can we make of all that? Absolutely ******* nothing. It's preseason and history has shown that preseason can mean anything. Wait til the real stuff starts.

Sylvia is a key player? He'll be lucky to make your team based on his form so far.

Couldn't give a f*** what you think, I call it as I see it. You weren't impressive, i'm sure your coach wouldn't tolerate that performance. Missing easy shots and turning the ball over won't win you games.

After being in the rebuilding phase for three years now, you should be pushing for the finals. You finished last year with a flurry of strong performances, the victory against Carlton was particularly impressive. If you continue to play like you did tonight for the remainder of the season, you won't make the finals and will struggle to win more than 9 games.

Brutal facts, champ.

wtf would you know? for all you know the dogs could be in the heaviest part of their preseason and just had some heavy legs. It was a glorified scratch match, and the result means nothing. Im sure out of everyone here you would have the least idea of what their coach would be thinking.

Couldn't give a f*** what you think, I call it as I see it. You weren't impressive, i'm sure your coach wouldn't tolerate that performance. Missing easy shots and turning the ball over won't win you games.

After being in the rebuilding phase for three years now, you should be pushing for the finals. You finished last year with a flurry of strong performances, the victory against Carlton was particularly impressive. If you continue to play like you did tonight for the remainder of the season, you won't make the finals and will struggle to win more than 9 games.

Brutal facts, champ.

Calm down, it's a practice match buddy.

Really impressed with the continued improvement in the Dog's ball winning ability, they have the best young inside mids going around. Bit more polish on the outside, shore up the defensive stocks and maybe add one more dangerous element up forward and they'll be downright scary soon enough IMO. Stevens is becoming a bit of a boom trade if not already.

Actually what I really meant to say was; the last time these two teams met the margin was 28 points, clearly since then both sides have stagnated and could go backwards in 2014.

If you continue to play like you did tonight for the remainder of the season, you won't make the finals and will struggle to win more than 9 games.

Brutal facts, champ.

they win more than 9 games if they play as did tonight. Add in Murphy, Cordy, Griffin and Jones and that's a considerable amount of depth to a fairly young squad which hang with Fremantle for 3 quarters.

My point is all the Freo fans are happy to sink the boot for a 30 point win but with an 80 point thrashing 7 days ago and everyone is all like oh we didn't try etc etc. You can't have it both ways. Either it means nothing and everything is fine, or you accept that there is meaning in the games.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Calm down, it's a practice match buddy.
My point is all the Freo fans are happy to sink the boot for a 30 point win but with an 80 point thrashing 7 days ago and everyone is all like oh we didn't try etc etc. You can't have it both ways. Either it means nothing and everything is fine, or you accept that there is meaning in the games.

The comment you quoted was in response to a Hawthorn fan sinking the boots into the Dogs. Not sure where you're getting all these gloating Freo fans from but I'm happy to be shown otherwise m8. Like I said, you probably just quoted the wrong thing.

I just read the whole thread and most Freo posts were supportive of where the dogs are at, and when other teams fans came in and tryed to lay the boots in Freo fans sure didn't join in. Wtf?

I just read the whole thread and most Freo posts were supportive of where the dogs are at, and when other teams fans came in and tryed to lay the boots in Freo fans sure didn't join in. Wtf?

Honestly think he just came to the last page, quoted the first post he saw (regardless of content), assumed Freo fans were acting high and mighty after the win and had a little sook. Happens to the best of us.

Facts.

1) Doggies probably trying to emulate Rd 1 more so than Freo as Freo have their structures in place and are getting fitness into players
2) Doggies probably a few weeks more advanced in fitness as pre-season started 3-4 weeks earlier than Freo
3) Doggies had more possessions, inside 50's and scoring shots
4) Doggies missing 2 of their most important players in Griffen and Murphy (as well as Grant)
5) Dockers missing key players like Fyfe, Clarke, Ibbotson, Sylvia
6) Dockers not really interested in the result, Crowley not tagging for much of the game, Mayne sub.
7) Cooney looks impressive and McRae and Stevens showed good signs
8) Dockers key players Sandi, Pav, McPharlin, Walters, Mundy look fit and on track
9) Both sides looked a little rusty, fumbled, missed handballs, missed marks, fluffed kicks
10) There were momentum swings and there were patches were both sides impressed and vice versa

Think you should look up the definition of 'facts' mate. Half of those are your opinions/theories.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is to 100% wrong.

they win more than 9 games if they play as did tonight. Add in Murphy, Cordy, Griffin and Jones and that's a considerable amount of depth to a fairly young squad which hang with Fremantle for 3 quarters.
mmmmm,had the doggies improving.
but now have them in 8th possie.
very impressive coaching and recruiting.
new players,wood,crameri,higgins,horfat. i like thier style.

Were we quite ordinary on the whole. It sounds like the 2nd 1/4 was similar to last week. No standouts apart from Walters?

Sandi and Pav were both good and look like they are in for a better year than last. You clearly lifted in the second half and we learnt a few lessons from this. We still had a fairly young side in, so we'll benefit from it.

Remove this Banner Ad

NAB Challenge - W. Bulldogs v Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back