List Mgmt. Next Generation Academy Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

If the Northern territory gets the go ahead, to maximise and increase the improvement in players we would need to basically have full time staff there to go to schools set up academies, and run clinics. There would be alxot of travel and maybe education also

If the Northern territory gets the go ahead, to maximise and increase the improvement in players we would need to basically have full time staff there to go to schools set up academies, and run clinics. There would be alxot of travel and maybe education also

I wonder who might be able ideal to head up North's NT NGA Academy...

AFL Northern Territory (AFLNT) is excited to announce former AFL footballer, Matt Campbell has been appointed the Central Australia Development Coach.

1719875485503.png

There is a fair amount of government funding of programs to support kids up there, I think the best approach would be to identify a suitable existing program with good management and reach, and co-operate with them to enhance/offshoot from that.

I think you want to not only give opportunity for kids, but also grow some of the local resources to understand football programs and be able to lead wider football initiatives. Will all need careful monitoring and support from our side, and dovetail into community and government desired outcomes. Plenty of planning would need to be done.

Can't help but think the "Give North the whole of the N.T. for NGA" is just the AFL gauging opposition club reactions, they'll crack the sh*ts, dial it back and we'll end up with the just Tiwi Islands

Not the worst.

Pretty much the bulk of the best players have come from the Tiwi Islands the last decade, Darwin historically, but not recently.

Not the worst.

Pretty much the bulk of the best players have come from the Tiwi Islands the last decade, Darwin historically, but not recently.
So in my effort to be facetious I have inadvertently created a master plan for North's NGA talent pathway and future success. Give me a seat on the board.

Can't help but think the "Give North the whole of the N.T. for NGA" is just the AFL gauging opposition club reactions, they'll crack the sh*ts, dial it back and we'll end up with the just Tiwi Islands
In a late change North Melbourne has been granted Krakatoa as a replacement for Tasmania. The other AFL clubs are said to be satisfied with this outcome.

A positive to this if guaranteed crowds for Darwin games compared to tasi. They love their footy up there no matter what do it would be a step up in that regard, but on the other hand if it is to go ahead we can not go through with 4 games up there, it's hard enough acclimatising for one let alone going back and 4th 4 times. Need to be 2 games at most

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our website still lists Tassie.

View attachment 2042570

You need to be shown to be actively involved with these players to have them eligible.

Hence why we needed special dispensation for Sanders and never listed other eligible Tasmanians last year.

Whilst the zone still exists on paper, it's no good if our academy doesnt, we arent doing clinics, recruiting days etc.

I'd be extremely surprised if we have another eligible Tasmanian NGA prospect.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Next Generation Academy Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back