NFL Div 1 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Northcote Park v West Preston - 2 points
Hurstbridge v Macleod - 30 points
Heidelberg v Bundoora - 10 points
Whittlesea v Montmorency - 12 points
Greensborough v Eltham - 25 points

Bit of a battle for Mont yesterday. Noticed only 19 players listed in Reserves and a couple of those doubled up from thirds and beaten comfortably. Is there a numbers crisis down there?

Clearly the NFL has to change the U19 fixture ASAP. Having two sides with a bye is close to the dumbest idea ever. Rejigging so they play every week cannot be hard even for the simple people inside the NFL.

Clearly the NFL has to change the U19 fixture ASAP. Having two sides with a bye is close to the dumbest idea ever. Rejigging so they play every week cannot be hard even for the simple people inside the NFL.

"Dumbest idea ever" (through no fault of their own).....Dumb that Macleod U19's have 2 byes to start the season
Sometimes the powers that be look beyond the logical solution. Have they provided an explanation to the competing teams with their reasons behind this outcome ?

"Dumbest idea ever" (through no fault of their own).....Dumb that Macleod U19's have 2 byes to start the season
Sometimes the powers that be look beyond the logical solution. Have they provided an explanation to the competing teams with their reasons behind this outcome ?
Whilst I probably shouldn't be one to comment on under 19's issues,

The clubs had a say in whether or not the fixture was to be changed after the withdrawal of Heidelberg.

They voted to leave as is, as the new fixture would have resulted in under 19's playing at different venue to the senior and reserves on several occasions and this was going to make it too difficult for trainers and other off-field helpers etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whilst I probably shouldn't be one to comment on under 19's issues,

The clubs had a say in whether or not the fixture was to be changed after the withdrawal of Heidelberg.

They voted to leave as is, as the new fixture would have resulted in under 19's playing at different venue to the senior and reserves on several occasions and this was going to make it too difficult for trainers and other off-field helpers etc.
Different venues for 19's has been an issue for Div 2 forever. Don't see why it's an extra problem for div 1.

Went to macleod v hursty today. Hursty within 7 points midway through the last qtr. Good competitive game. The more experienced side proved too good. Hursty may cause an upset here or there.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
How did Jack Grimes play?

Well currently it means eltham gets 6 byes for the season, ridiculous.

Well that's worse than ridiculous is a ****in joke.

I understand there will be a few issues with 19s playing when the rest of the club is not but clearly that's better than not bloody playing. It would only happen a few times and I am sure all hosting clubs would support teams with say water boys, time keeper etc to ensure there is a game. FFS its not that hard.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL Div 1 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Back