NFL Div 3 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Had cricket but did anyone get to Kilmore v Yarra Glen for a squizz?

If so how'd it all go?

Does that say more about west or panton hill for next year?

Both.
West definitely looked like they have improved and added to their list whereas Panton Hill are struggling to cover the quality of senior players that have moved elsewhere for 2017.
Good luck to West this season.

Does that say more about west or panton hill for next year?

Don't Panton Hill play the Crazy Bears as well,Says a bit about the Hillbillies, with two practice matches against two of the worst sides in third division. I know West look to have improved but pretty soft targets all the same.

If so how'd it all go?

Kilmore were totally dominant over yarra glen.
Margin ended up about 50 points but was as high as 11 goals before they rested quite a few in the last qtr and yarra glen kicked a few late. Kilmore showed when they are up and going they are going to be a real handful, ball movement was quick and slick and there would have been 4-5 occasions thru out the day that it was tap,kick, goal without the ball hitting the ground or the opposition touching it.
Overall kilmore would have to be happy with their recruits.
Word was yarra glen had about 8-10 out kilmore missing about 6

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone give me a report on the South Morang practice game they had on weekend?
I watched the reserves and seniors...they played north sunshine,(which aren't much of a team). Morang reserves killed them and seniors Morang also demolished them. The new recruits played well. A lot of run in there game, but from what I hear , a few of there senior players played reserves to mix it up.. there looking good..

If so how'd it all go?

Kilmore look much improved and were completely dominate in the first half opening the gap up to 11 goals at half time.

Yarra Glen came out strongly in the second half and brought the end result back to 6 goals.

Speaking to the Yarra Glen coach after the game and they had 12 of their best 21 out (with their captain and ruckman icing up before quarter time), so not sure what to take out of the hit out.

However Kilmore are very structured through the midfield and up forward. May be a little undermanned up back though.

My boys looked good against yarra glen. Players missing for them or not we took it upto them which is something we havent usually done. Im calling it early but I think we will be able to compete with Merndas and morangs this year. Very hard to tell what the ladder will shape upto look like but i'd say at the moment Banyule and Rezza look like fighting for the spoon after hearing of other results so far. If Banyule cant take it upto Panton Hill Friday night it will be interesting seeing as West pulverised them when the hillers were nearly full strength compared to West who from what it says above were missing 6-8 walk ins. What other matches are this weekend?

What a load of dribble. I'm not a Banyule fan, but they certainly won't be fighting it out for the spoon.

Morang v Banyule for the flag.

Kilmore & Laurimar distant bottom 2 with West and Reza rounding out the bottom 4.

My boys looked good against yarra glen. Players missing for them or not we took it upto them which is something we havent usually done. Im calling it early but I think we will be able to compete with Merndas and morangs this year. Very hard to tell what the ladder will shape upto look like but i'd say at the moment Banyule and Rezza look like fighting for the spoon after hearing of other results so far. If Banyule cant take it upto Panton Hill Friday night it will be interesting seeing as West pulverised them when the hillers were nearly full strength compared to West who from what it says above were missing 6-8 walk ins. What other matches are this weekend?

Popeye I reckon you should lay off the spinach for a while as it seems to be clouding your thought process.Practice matches are just that and very rarely a good indication of whats ahead.Good to see Kilmore have recruited some mature bodies who are also good people.Just hold off the early crow for a bit.Would think Kilmore would be very happy with 6-8 wins this season which would be fantastic after a number of lean years.

Very interesting season ahead. St. Mary's, Epping and South Morang to be certain finalists then throw a blanket over the rest.

Popeye I reckon you should lay off the spinach for a while as it seems to be clouding your thought process.Practice matches are just that and very rarely a good indication of whats ahead.Good to see Kilmore have recruited some mature bodies who are also good people.Just hold off the early crow for a bit.Would think Kilmore would be very happy with 6-8 wins this season which would be fantastic after a number of lean years.

I'm not buying what Popeye's selling mate, we've seen many a short term visitor fly thru these pages over time, stir things up a bit and drift off just as quick.
And if I'm wrong and he is truly a Kilmore lad, I reckon the powers that be, being realistic wouldn't be of the same confidence level as the spinach lover anyway. Like you suggest I reckon 5-8 wins would be seen as a genuine step forward.

Very interesting season ahead. St. Mary's, Epping and South Morang to be certain finalists then throw a blanket over the rest.

The Crazy Bears for mine, have recruited very well, although they did miss out on the 8 Heidelberg guns, nevertheless if they can somehow get the blokes they did entice over to the Brockwell Stadium to stay for he whole season they will be very hard to beat.

Banyule
St Mary's
Epping
South
Will be the 4
Can't see the other 5 sides being competitive against them 4
Mernda not travelling well is the rumour and the other 4 are lucky there isn't a division 4

was speaking to a bartender at a bar in Heidelberg that plays for Banyule and he said they're seriously struggling for numbers

A lot of whacking on here for banyule. I expect Epping been there and got close a few times or St Mary's to top the table ahead of south who won't be far behind and the 4th position will come down to whether banyule get there top end talent on the ground long enough. Mernda WH and Kil to finish outside and resa and laurimar might beat each other a couple of times to fight out the spoon

Any praccy matches happening this weekend?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back