NFNL Div 1 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct. The poor fellow of whom suffered one of the most painful and sickening injuries I’ve witnessed in sometime in football was taken to hospital and I Hope is recovering well with no complications.

However I was left bemused by what I witnessed.

Immediately after which approx 8 mins into the 3rd qtr, I’m led to believe that both sides given what was witnessed and experienced came too the conclusion on calling the game a draw. This is how the game should have been ended then and there. Yet some one hour later the umpire has called a free kick to the spot of where the poor fella went down I which at the time the incident happened in general play with no intent or free kick issued or nor should there have been it was an accident. The play actually continued for a couple of seconds further down the ground with no whistle.

An hour later , The umpire has then issued a free kick to Macleod approx 35-40 out from goal like a penalty shot in soccer with the game being at 5 point in north’s favour at the time. Had the goal been kicked MacLoed would have been issued the game for no reason.

It had everyone laughing at the umpires who clearly had no idea of ruling or consideration for any of the players who had experienced one of the more unpleasant things you’d witness in local football.

Two hours later the senior game was over turned by incorrect umpiring in calculating the score, I wonder had MacLoed kicked the goal would the result have been over turned for incorrect ruling? Food for thought....
Macleod supporter here. I was not at that game but have heard feed back as to what went on.
The guy who broke his leg, Jai, was operated on the next day and was discharged from hospital the day after. He is recovering well after a terrible break where apparently his foot was facing the wrong way.
I heard that both clubs agreed to call the game a draw. The umpire made a phone call to clarify the situation and came back with the ruling. Not sure why the Macleod player received the free, I was told that it happened in the last bit of play when the incident happened. Anyway, the player who took the kick really didn't to but that is how it played out.
Not a good day all round with the later stuff up with the scoring with the seniors.

Will a suspension put boomer near 16. He had a few games off at AFL level . One from memory was 6.

Will a suspension put boomer near 16. He had a few games off at AFL level . One from memory was 6.
I doubt it as AFL players get a 25% discount when they enter the league. I see Hogan and Harvey both got 3 each. Lucky they have Lower, Mont and Hurstbridge in the next 3. Although they wouldn't want to drop 1 or 2 of them. They still have the easiest draw comimg home!

I doubt it as AFL players get a 25% discount when they enter the league. I see Hogan and Harvey both got 3 each. Lucky they have Lower, Mont and Hurstbridge in the next 3. Although they wouldn't want to drop 1 or 2 of them. They still have the easiest draw comimg home!

Lower beat Heidelberg only two weeks ago so doubt they will be scared of a Nth team now without Jess, Billy and Boomer.

Lower beat Heidelberg only two weeks ago so doubt they will be scared of a Nth team now without Jess, Billy and Boomer.
Didn't say they would be, but they also couldn't beat Bundoora who had a couple out on there own deck with Milne. North also play the bottom 3 teams 5 of there last 8 games. Plus Northcote park who have lost the plot. So its a dream run really. Would have to really fall over to not finish top 3

Greensborough in a league of their own. Might as well give them the trophy and medallions now. Half of the Boro reserves could get a game at any Div 1 senior side. I am sure clubs are aware of this and will make them an offer, some of them will never get consistent senior games time.

Greensborough in a league of their own. Might as well give them the trophy and medallions now. Half of the Boro reserves could get a game at any Div 1 senior side. I am sure clubs are aware of this and will make them an offer, some of them will never get consistent senior games time.
Settle down. We’ve seen red hot favourites fall at the final hurdle time after time. There’s no certainty when you get to Preston. And half of there reserves would play in any other side? Not a chance. There’s 2’s are no certainty either. Yes both teams are going along beautifully. I’d just hold off on giving them the trophy now

Settle down. We’ve seen red hot favourites fall at the final hurdle time after time. There’s no certainty when you get to Preston. And half of there reserves would play in any other side? Not a chance. There’s 2’s are no certainty either. Yes both teams are going along beautifully. I’d just hold off on giving them the trophy now
For sure mate. They look good the times I've seen them and don't have a notable goalkicker which makes them unpredictable. Will be looking forward to finals time

Amazing that West Preston lost their first six and are now in the top 5.
Bundoora scoring 3.6 in the first quarter, held goaless for two quarters then still leading at 3 quarter time and lose by 49.
Lower held to one solitary point v Nth and despite losing Macleod only half a game outside the 5.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So we are just over halfway and I’ll revise my ladder:

Greensborough
Heidelberg
North Heidelberg
West Preston
Macleod
Montmorency
Bundoora
Hurtstbridge
Northcote Park
Lower Plenty

Look at the ground. Absolute bog heap.

When’s the last time a d1 side scored a single point though! Insane
No divvy 1 team has ever scored 1 point but the record belongs to the Creekers.

0.0.0 Creek v Heidelberg in 1960
0.2.2 Plenty Rovers v Whittlesea in 1946
0.2.2 Epping v Reservoir in 1946
0.2.2 Mont v Resa Lakies in 1957
0.2.2 Heidelberg v Creek in 1995

No divvy 1 team has ever scored 1 point but the record belongs to the Creekers.

0.0.0 Creek v Heidelberg in 1960
0.2.2 Plenty Rovers v Whittlesea in 1946
0.2.2 Epping v Reservoir in 1946
0.2.2 Mont v Resa Lakies in 1957
0.2.2 Heidelberg v Creek in 1995
Can you look up or find out how many teams have gone through a season in Div 1 undefeated and lost the grand final? I’m not saying Greensborough will, I think they are a $1.05 to win it. Just interested!

I see Pierre Haddad still making news.

Attachments

• E4138F17-68BD-4C0A-8326-9D657DF1D8A8.png
    E4138F17-68BD-4C0A-8326-9D657DF1D8A8.png
    369.7 KB · Views: 419
  • 760169EC-00B2-47BD-BE87-528088766036.png
    760169EC-00B2-47BD-BE87-528088766036.png
    1 MB · Views: 418
Great win by Northcote Park today. Not sure what is happening with their reserves team (lack of players in fielding a Div 1 team) but the seniors played really well. Bundoora looked terrible but full credit to the Cougars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back