Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Can Nick Daicos be the AFL's GOAT

• Yes

Votes: 138 29.1%
  • No

Votes: 337 70.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Find me some clips. Daicos has dozens on this site that can be pulled up at a moments notice...
Two points here:
1. Pies fans are above hunting for video clips in an attempt to belittle opposition teams' players;
2. Tall Poppy Syndrome is a real thing for a 21 year old kid playing for the Powerhouse of the competition, who is already rated amongst the best two or three players in the competition and has a premiership medal by the end of his second year, as opposed to players from a struggling club who qualified for finals for the first time in the respective players' careers in 2023.

17 second’s into clip.

So the clip that shows Duncan clearly infringing on him while he's trying to mark the ball, then Curnow trying to leap sideways as the ball bobbles out to complete a mark but landing on his ass... That's the hill you're wanting to die on re Curnow playing for free kicks?

Boy oh boy wowee :tearsofjoy:

17 second’s into clip.

Are you on gear? Was out stretched for the mark and off balance and got contact and fell over. Play stopped so rolled over onto his back for a breather, not to pretend he was hurt.

Pretty soft free but not an ounce of ‘flop’ about it.

McKay flops and goes to ground easy, Curnow doesn’t.

His first 2 goals against Geelong from frees If he’s supposed to be this big power forward he sure falls over easy. Are his muscles painted on?

He’s only 6’3, that’s more a 3rd tall size these days. Pretty crazy he’s outsized by big key defenders every week and he’s on his way to a 3rd consecutive Coleman…

As for Nick. Kid is an absolute freak but wouldn’t hurt to get the occasional flop out of his game. He’s certainly not the worst though.

So the clip that shows Duncan clearly infringing on him while he's trying to mark the ball, then Curnow trying to leap sideways as the ball bobbles out to complete a mark but landing on his ass... That's the hill you're wanting to die on re Curnow playing for free kicks?

Boy oh boy wowee :tearsofjoy:
Thought you would see it that way. No point in pointing out the obvious to you as your a biased hypocrite

Comparing players across eras is a bit pointless and impossible, so Greatest Of All Time is a bit silly, but one thing for sure is that he's tracking to be the greatest of the modern era. Can't see anything other than injury or longevity stopping him getting there.

Are you on gear? Was out stretched for the mark and off balance and got contact and fell over. Play stopped so rolled over onto his back for a breather, not to pretend he was hurt.

Pretty soft free but not an ounce of ‘flop’ about it.

McKay flops and goes to ground easy, Curnow doesn’t.

He’s only 6’3, that’s more a 3rd tall size these days. Pretty crazy he’s outsized by big key defenders every week and he’s on his way to a 3rd consecutive Coleman…

As for Nick. Kid is an absolute freak but wouldn’t hurt to get the occasional flop out of his game. He’s certainly not the worst though.
Ha ha. Rolled over on his back for a breather. Yeh you see that a lot in our game. Especially first quarter

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cmon mate. He was simply rolling on his back for a “ breather” 😂😂😂😂😂

Provide more clips then? Should be plenty if it’s so regular. I’m more than happy to criticise Carlton players for flopping if they’re there. But Curnow isn’t one of them.

What’s weirder is in this same discussion your own supporters have dug up his stats and shown he averages 1.8 free kicks a game. The whole ##FREEKICKCURNOW is the dumbest hill to die on and shows you just follow Facebook comments & Twitter nuffies.

Provide more clips then? Should be plenty if it’s so regular. I’m more than happy to criticise Carlton players for flopping if they’re there. But Curnow isn’t one of them.

What’s weirder is in this same discussion your own supporters have dug up his stats and shown he averages 1.8 free kicks a game. The whole ##FREEKICKCURNOWthe dumbest hill to die on.
Think that clip was pretty definitive, Charlie is a proven flopper

What’s weirder is in this same discussion your own supporters have dug up his stats and shown he averages 1.8 free kicks a game. The whole #freekickc#FREEKICKCURNOWthe dumbest hill to die on.
The only reason they perpetuate the fallacy of #FREEKICKCURNOW is because their captain is one of the worst one on one defenders in the game and been Curnow's bunny for years. Not Charlie's fault spuds like Moore can't legally defend him.

The only reason they perpetuate the fallacy of #FREEKICKCURNOW is because their captain is one of the worst one on one defenders in the game and been Curnow's bunny for years. Not Charlie's fault spuds like Moore can't legally defend him.
Don't get us wrong - we love that Charlie's game is predicated on free kicks - we've seen what happens in big finals when the umpires put their whistles away.

Long may it be the case.

Ha ha. Rolled over on his back for a breather. Yeh you see that a lot in our game. Especially first quarter

You see plenty of players take their time to get up when play stops, at every time of the game, in every game. ‘Breather’ was an expression.

Provide more evidence of his flops.

Last 3 years, 77 Frees For, 190 goals.

Will need to average 30 possesions and a goal per game to be in the conversation, along with a couple of more flags, a Brownlow and a Norm Smith of course.

Personally feel, ceiling is Gaz Jnr level, it will be quite hard to crack the top 3.

What’s weirder is in this same discussion your own supporters have dug up his stats and shown he averages 1.8 free kicks a game. The whole ##FREEKICKCURNOW is the dumbest hill to die on and shows you just follow Facebook comments & Twitter nuffies.
He's a flailer. He'd be the flailer of flailers in a room full of flailers - which would be shit room to be in as you'd constantly be whacked in the head by flailing arms.

Find me some clips. Daicos has dozens on this site that can be pulled up at a moments notice... Reckon you'd be hard pressed to find any of Curnow that are as embarrassing as some of the crap Nick does. Charlie competes as hard and fairly as anyone in the league, the umpires just seem to love him.

100% agree with the stupidity of calling a player of Curnows standing a stager. He is pretty fearless and with Cameron the best KPF in the comp. It just diminishes discussions to give these labels that are unwarranted.

I dont see ND as a stager, I am not going to say he hasnt ever added mayo to get a free but its not how he operates. He is a ball player, who goes when its his turn. Great clearance players, knocks up getting contested possessions. Now WalshistheGOAT if you reckon there are dozens of clips on this site of Daicos staging that you could pull up in a moment then it shouldn't be hard to find 6 absolute unquestioned stages by Nick. I have looked, I cant find them but you have dozens. Can you post these to make your case?

If you cant I am going to conclude you are just pissing in the wind and have some unhealthy obsession with ND as you are jealous Collingwood has the best young player in the game.

100% agree with the stupidity of calling a player of Curnows standing a stager. He is pretty fearless and with Cameron the best KPF in the comp. It just diminishes discussions to give these labels that are unwarranted.

I dont see ND as a stager, I am not going to say he hasnt ever added mayo to get a free but its not how he operates. He is a ball player, who goes when its his turn. Great clearance players, knocks up getting contested possessions. Now WalshistheGOAT if you reckon there are dozens of clips on this site of Daicos staging that you could pull up in a moment then it shouldn't be hard to find 6 absolute unquestioned stages by Nick. I have looked, I cant find them but you have dozens. Can you post these to make your case?

If you cant I am going to conclude you are just pissing in the wind and have some unhealthy obsession with ND as you are jealous Collingwood has the best young player in the game.

I think both of them accentuate or play for frees an above average amount.

Charlie is an absolute star, but the one weakness in his game is that despite winning a heap of contests, he does get outmarked a lot. He doesn't halve many. A fair bit of that comes down to him flailing for a free when he's not going to mark it, rather than trying to bring the ball to ground. Daicos's is more when he has the ball and is going to be wrapped up, so it doesn't come at a price as often.

I think both of them accentuate or play for frees an above average amount.

Charlie is an absolute star, but the one weakness in his game is that despite winning a heap of contests, he does get outmarked a lot. He doesn't halve many. A fair bit of that comes down to him flailing for a free when he's not going to mark it, rather than trying to bring the ball to ground. Daicos's is more when he has the ball and is going to be wrapped up, so it doesn't come at a price as often.
Yet according to CD McKay and Curnow are 1&2 for bringing the ball to ground - aka halving contests - across the competition... Hm?

Back