Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Can Nick Daicos be the AFL's GOAT

• Yes

Votes: 138 29.1%
  • No

Votes: 337 70.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Errol Gulden the GOATAFCOL (adjusted for cost of living).

Daics the greatest nose of all time, classy, Michaelangelo perfect. Bont BTFO, GAS meth crusted, Carey baby nose, Dick Reynolds nose like a shark fin.

Tony Modra played 8 games in his debut season, he then kicked 129 goals in his second year of footy in games 9-32 of his career. He was a bit older, but there have been better second years than Naicos’s.

Brad Hardie won the Brownlow in his first year in the big leagues.

Haydn Bunton won the Brownlow in his first 2 seasons of football as a 19yo then 20yo.

John Coleman kicked 100-goals in his debut season as a 20yo.

Dick Reynolds won the Brownlow in 1934 at 19yo.

Naicos has had a great first 2 seasons, but there have been plenty that have surpassed it.
Great examples.

Shows how rare it is for kids at minimum draft age in the current era.

You don't happen to have any more recent examples that are comparable to Nick Daicos, do you?

Great examples.

Shows how rare it is for kids at minimum draft age in the current era.

You don't happen to have any more recent examples that are comparable to Nick Daicos, do you?
I know you are desperate for people to believe early-career form should play a big factor in determining the goat, but it doesn't. Sorry :)

I remember when Lewis Taylor beat out Bontempelli for the rising star

I remember when Lewis Taylor beat out Bontempelli for the rising star
That's a sharp memory

Getting desperate son

You're all in panic mode because a Pie dynasty is unfolding AND a Collingwood player is tracking towards GOAT

Understandable I suppose

On SM-A225F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I know you are desperate for people to believe early-career form should play a big factor in determining the goat, but it doesn't. Sorry :)
Yeah, maybe I should be talking up a player who is yet to debut, instead of the player who has produced the best first two years I have seen from a player who entered the system immediately out of his draft year, in the four plus decades I have been watching the game.

Yeah, maybe I should be talking up a player who is yet to debut, instead of the player who has produced the best first two years I have seen from a player who entered the system immediately out of his draft year, in the four plus decades I have been watching the game.
Is this guy yet another Falcon sock-puppet?!

On SM-A225F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Perhaps you should be waiting a while longer before branding him the "GOAT" :)

That would be a reasonable suggestion, but alas, we all know how Collingwood supporters operate :)

Not that it matters, there is more than enough viewing data to prove Nick Daicos will never be in the same echelon as the best players of the current millennium. He lacks the physical attributes, it's as simple as that :)

Errol is a gun, no doubt.

But has been tracking behind Daicos by every measurable metric, despite being from the draft the year prior to Nick.

Gulden is a mere 5 months older than Nick Afraidcos.

"every measurable metric" Lol, classic Fadge false claim.

In 2023, Gulden averaged way more kicks, way more marks, way more tackles, way more inside 50's, more contested possessions, way more 1%ers, more scoring shots, same goals, and recorded a higher overall player rating.

So I don't think so Fadge.

1708740203965.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gulden is a mere 5 months older than Nick Afraidcos.

"every measurable metric" Lol, classic Fadge false claim.

In 2023, Gulden averaged way more kicks, way more marks, way more tackles, way more inside 50's, more contested possessions, way more 1%ers, more scoring shots, same goals, and recorded a higher overall player rating.

So I don't think so Fadge.

View attachment 1912265
Don't mention contested possession rates or they'll have a full blown meltdown

Nick Daicos will never reach the level of Gary Ablett because he has no power in his game. :)
Gary Ablett's 2nd season vs Nick Daicos' 2nd season

Kicks: 189 vs 357
Handballs: 138 vs 329
Goals: 26 vs 19 (predominant forward vs predominant half-back)
Tackles: 77 vs 84
Clearances: 50 vs 88
Contested possessions: 185 vs 197
Goal assists: 11 vs 13

daicos.PNG

JaenrsaH.jpg

Gary Ablett's 2nd season vs Nick Daicos' 2nd season

Kicks: 189 vs 357
Handballs: 138 vs 329
Goals: 26 vs 19 (predominant forward vs predominant half-back)
Tackles: 77 vs 84
Clearances: 50 vs 88
Contested possessions: 185 vs 197
Goal assists: 11 vs 13
Gaj was cruising around in his couple of seasons.
Was one of the criticisms levelled before he and the cats broke out

Back