Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Can Nick Daicos be the AFL's GOAT

• Yes

Votes: 145 28.5%
  • No

Votes: 363 71.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Problem is this thread asks all to believe he could be the tallest poppy ever.

Too ridiculous to be true.
Yes it is asking a hypothetical question.

You could start a thread right now saying any player in history could the be the “goat” and there will be people shooting it down, even Lethal, Carey or Gaz sr.

Ps. there are a lot of Blues posts in here too I’ve noticed which is interesting

Yes it is asking a hypothetical question.

You could start a thread right now saying any player in history could the be the “goat” and there will be people shooting it down, even Lethal, Carey or Gaz sr.

Ps. there are a lot of Blues posts in here too I’ve noticed which is interesting
Yes, we have a deeply ingrained scepticism towards Collingwood’s evil hidden agendas.

We know they want to take over the world & destroy us all!

Fadge it's a simple task, post some footage like we've seen of Daicos or stop claiming it as reality.
The deliberate in the last quarter was a pretty ordinary effort. Rather than turn back into play and embrace contact, ran it over (un)intentionally and rightly called deliberate

Ironic coming from someone who claims to be neutral but genuinely doesn't think Daicos ducks and dives for free kicks.

I've already said it dozens of times, I made this username after Walsh's first ever practice game vs the Hawks for us. Don't think I've ever seriously claimed he could be the greatest player of all time like some of the spatulas in here have done with Nicky.

So if a Swans supporter says Goatie isn't in the conversation, the rebuttal will be " but better than swans player X"?
Maybe don’t be so literal. Was just a bit of fun. But it is ironic to reply to a post by WalshistheGOAT saying no Carlton supporter has nominated one of their own as the Goat.

That was your cue to chuckle, or maybe grimace, at my little bit of wit. Don’t worry I wasn’t in the least implying that either of you would believe Walsh, as good as he is, has any part in a potential GOAT discussion. That’s reserved for players of the ilk of ND.

I know you know that because you have been such willing and active participants in the 274 pages discussing that very possibility.

Maybe don’t be so literal. Was just a bit of fun. But it is ironic to reply to a post by WalshistheGOAT saying no Carlton supporter has nominated one of their own as the Goat.

That was your cue to chuckle, or maybe grimace, at my little bit of wit. Don’t worry I wasn’t in the least implying that either of you would believe Walsh, as good as he is, has any part in a potential GOAT discussion. That’s reserved for players of the ilk of ND.

I know you know that because you have been such willing and active participants in the 274 pages discussing that very possibility.

Plenty of willing participants, ensuring this thread maintains some form of credibility

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No I think it's meant to be one giant Collingwood circle jerk. Definitely doesn't belong on their own board!
Plenty of willing participants, ensuring this thread maintains some form of credibility
Plenty of media personalities starting to ask the same question.

Oh, but clickbait...

And 'credibility' from posters who analyse every movement from Nick Daicos to the nth degree, but when some examples of diving from their own captain were there for all to see on Saturday night, 'there's nothing to see there'.

Suggest you're confusing credibility with hypocrisy.

Last edited:
“Montagna highlighted damning vision that saw Jordan De Goey and Nick Daicos completely ignore their Essendon opponents, giving them paddocks of space in transition as the Bombers on-ballers worked harder around the ground.”

“Montagna highlighted damning vision that saw Jordan De Goey and Nick Daicos completely ignore their Essendon opponents, giving them paddocks of space in transition as the Bombers on-ballers worked harder around the ground.”
Nicky not buying in on the defensive side of the game? I'm shocked!

This thread is about Daicos as THE great young talent that of the competition.

This thread is about a poster making an assertion that Daicos WILL be the GOAT, surpassing his subjective list of the greatest 50 of all time.

Waving a red flag at a bull, especially when the OP vehemently defends Daicos after being openly criticised for his recent on field performance

But if posters want to start these threads on the main board and expect that everyone will unquestionably agree, this ain’t the place for it.

There’s something said about these types of threads, wait until a player has racked up a few more credits before starting them 😎

Or, do it on your team board 😎

Plenty of media personalities starting to ask the same question.

Oh, but clickbait...

And 'credibility' from posters who analyse every movement from Nick Daicos to the nth degree, but when some examples of diving from their own captain were there for all to see on Saturday night, 'there's nothing to see there'.

Suggest you're confusing credibility with hypocrisy.
Credibility would entail you providing evidence of another player diving, which you have been asked numerous times to provide and yet to do so

For all the talk of squibbing, he is second in contested possessions across a couple of different rankings

Footywire has him second
AFL.com.au also has him second

Contested possessions are obviously slightly different to squibbing a contest but point remains that he goes more often than not when it is his turn

There seems an insane Carlton pack mentality by Carlton supporters when it comes to Daicos which is more than strange. It is both sad and pathetic.
same pack floods most Essendon threads when we lose

Coincidence ?

Was that before or after he got flogged by Caldwell and Durham?
You forgot Shiel, who went to him in the last quarter.

So 3 players to limit a 21 year old to 31 possessions. Imagine how good he's going to be with another couple of pre-seasons under his belt?

Last edited:
Back