Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Can Nick Daicos be the AFL's GOAT

• Yes

Votes: 149 27.9%
  • No

Votes: 385 72.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Can you point me to your posts telling Collingwood fans to post "yes" and leave the thread? šŸ˜Š

Or maybe the Collingwood supporters tagging this asking mods to move it to the Collingwood board where they can circle-jerk without anyone saying no.

Genuine question for Pies fans, not trolling:

I know he wins plenty of the ball and does smart things with it, but is his presence in the midfield hurting the team?

To my eye, it looked like the more powerful bodies of the Cats midfielders were able to win the ball and burst away from stoppage or at least neutralise Collingwood with their superior physicality. I think Nick's best position is playing as the architect off half back and he is possibly the best in the league at that role. Whereas in the midfield he's just another smooth moving accumulator that doesn't provide much defensively.

Genuine question for Pies fans, not trolling:

I know he wins plenty of the ball and does smart things with it, but is his presence in the midfield hurting the team?

To my eye, it looked like the more powerful bodies of the Cats midfielders were able to win the ball and burst away from stoppage or at least neutralise Collingwood with their superior physicality. I think Nick's best position is playing as the architect off half back and he is possibly the best in the league at that role. Whereas in the midfield he's just another smooth moving accumulator that doesn't provide much defensively.
he provides too much in the midfield currently to not use him there. without him theyā€™d be far too slow & not clean enough.

itā€™s a double edged sword because he certainly has the capacity to play the contested ball, but itā€™s been evident over the past fortnight that the whole midfield hasnā€™t been playing hard enough.

it was a tale of two halves for young nick last night, he started extremely well, probably was trending into another BOG performance and disappeared once he started receiving more attention from atkins.

Surely even Pies fans can concede that if Fly gives him votes tonight its beyond a farce. Shouldn't be anywhere near one.
He was BOG at half time and better than last week when he got 2 coaches votes. He will definitely be getting votes this week.

Miers
Dangerfield
JCameron
Bowes
Holmes
Stewart
DCameron
Humphries
Stengle
Dempsey

All had far more influence on the game when it was there to be won. Daicos was borderline unsighted for most of the 2nd half

He was BOG at half time and better than last week when he got 2 coaches votes. He will definitely be getting votes this week.
He will get coaches votes from 1 coach as he was his sides best player. Fly has never given full votes to the opposition ( all 5,4,3,2,and1)
In saying thay, Nick was BOG up to half time, 3rd quarter was ok. Last quarter had no impact but he had a lot of friends

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unless I misread, AFL article about Cripps and the brownlow predictor suggests Daicos polls 3 votes against Geelong, in a losing side were he received no coaches votes.....

Mind you, Cripps was ranked 3rd by the coaches (also in a losing side) and the article was about him picking up maximum votes, albeit he had a much better all around performance than Daicos.

Lol. Conspiracy.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Unless I misread, AFL article about Cripps and the brownlow predictor suggests Daicos polls 3 votes against Geelong, in a losing side were he received no coaches votes.....

Lol. Conspiracy.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk
And 0 for Cripps last week, even though his game last week was better

Pay no mind to the predictor, probably some work experience kid trawling the stats as Daicosā€™ game looked great on paper

No coaches votes for GOATcos on the weekend?

Come on, Fly. Lift!

I was pleasantly surprised. Maybe Dillon got on the phone to him and told him to stop ****ing up a somewhat legitimate award.

Although if the call was from Laura, that would have been delicious.

Last edited:
I didn't think his 1st half was great, not bad maybe, and 2nd half didn't do much. Didn't expect him to vote.

Must say this crap re Fly giving ND unwarranted votes is vacuous. You don't know and even if you hate Daicos as much as it seems its incredibly disrespectful to other players also.

Last weeks match where posters are certain McRae gave Daicos 2 and therefore there is no way he could have voted for Sidey even if he rated Sidey higher is the claim. You really think McRae would do that to Sidey, who is a club legend. Even in the wider footy community I reckon a lot of opposition posters would rate Sidebottoms career. To make out his coach doesnt is just rubbish.

I didn't think his 1st half was great, not bad maybe, and 2nd half didn't do much. Didn't expect him to vote.

Must say this crap re Fly giving ND unwarranted votes is vacuous. You don't know and even if you hate Daicos as much as it seems its incredibly disrespectful to other players also.

Last weeks match where posters are certain McRae gave Daicos 2 and therefore there is no way he could have voted for Sidey even if he rated Sidey higher is the claim. You really think McRae would do that to Sidey, who is a club legend. Even in the wider footy community I reckon a lot of opposition posters would rate Sidebottoms career. To make out his coach doesnt is just rubbish.
Consistent trend in games where N.Daicos shouldn't have been close to the best but randomly got his 1-2 votes from someone. Whats more likely... All the coaches around the league collectively giving out charity votes to Nicky when he plays crap or Fly bagger McRae being the consistent charity vote giver?

Exact same thing happened with Oliver and Goodwin for years until Clarry went off the rails.

It's fairly easy to infer.

Consistent trend in games where N.Daicos shouldn't have been close to the best but randomly got his 1-2 votes from someone. Whats more likely... All the coaches around the league collectively giving out charity votes to Nicky when he plays crap or Fly bagger McRae being the consistent charity vote giver?

Exact same thing happened with Oliver and Goodwin for years until Clarry went off the rails.

It's fairly easy to infer.
What tripe.

You have made judgements based on watching half a game, with clear bias, and you're better placed to judge worthiness of votes over and above the coaches? And specifically McRae?

What tripe.

You have made judgements based on watching half a game, with clear bias, and you're better placed to judge worthiness of votes over and above the coaches? And specifically McRae?
I watched half of last game as I stated, I've watched pretty much every other game he's played though. McRae loves giving him charity votes and has done so numerous times over his career... It's as obvious as daylight... Probably why I'm not the only one to have mentioned it.

Just to take this theory to its extreme. Lets assume Fly is rorting the system. Lets assume he is inflating Daicos's games and awarding votes he doesnt deserve every chance he gets. Lets assume that in any match where Daicos votes its the least possible amount of votes he gets from one coach is what he really deserves and wherever this occurs its the opposition coach giving Daicos the lesser amount (even where the alternative is another Collingwood player) because we know McRae is cheating every chance he gets.

I think that sums up the postulation a good number of posters are going at, all be it in the above senario McRae is going full rort.

Now lets look at the games where Daicos has got votes and what the possible break down is

Round Zero 2-0
Round One 4-1 or 3-2
Round Three 3-2
Round Six 5-3
Round Eight 5-5
Round Nine 5-5
Round Ten 5-5
Round Eleven 5-4
Round Twelve 4-4
Round Fourteen 5-2
Round Sixteen 5-3 or 4-4
Round Seventeen 2-0

So lets makes the real Daicos votes those which are the lower amount in any game, the ones we "know" the oppo coach gave and then remove the cheating Fly additional votes.

That would take away the following votes starting at round zero 2,2,1,2,0,0,0,1,0,3,2,2. Where there are two possible combos I have assumed the bigger margin cause Fly we know wanted to cheat as much as possible.

Thats 15 votes, so now we know Nick should be on 69 votes not 84. If Fly wasnt so crooked then Neale and Gulden would be ahead of Nick by 2 votes and Warner only 1 behind.

Still that doesn't seem right because we know Nick shouldnt be rated anywhere near those 3 let alone the big guns up ahead.

I reckon there is an additional subterfuge going on here. I reckon Fly is slinging some of the other coaches to bump up Nick. Otherwise how could he get so many undeserved votes. Once I have worked out who are the dirty coaches I will start on whose paying the umps.

I watched half of last game as I stated, I've watched pretty much every other game he's played though. McRae loves giving him charity votes and has done so numerous times over his career... It's as obvious as daylight... Probably why I'm not the only one to have mentioned it.
ND has been best on for Collingwood as voted by in our Didaka thread for MVP in 10 of 16 currently counted games.

There is no bias towards him, he has been daylights our best player without anyone coming close to stealing votes off him for Collingwood this season.

You have stated today that you hate Collingwood equal to that of loving Carlton, so these comments from you are nothing more then trolling.

This isnā€™t the Bay and itā€™s not the Pies/Blues banter thread.

ND has been best on for Collingwood as voted by in our Didaka thread for MVP in 10 of 16 currently counted games.

There is no bias towards him, he has been daylights our best player without anyone coming close to stealing votes off him for Collingwood this season.

You have stated today that you hate Collingwood equal to that of loving Carlton, so these comments from you are nothing more then trolling.

This isnā€™t the Bay and itā€™s not the Pies/Blues banter thread.
Darcy Cameron was lightyears better than him on Friday night and Sidebottom lightyears better than him the week before

Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Back