Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Can Nick Daicos be the AFL's GOAT

• Yes

Votes: 145 28.5%
  • No

Votes: 363 71.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Firstly, it's 'Heeney'.

Secondly, Heeney is part of a midfielder that has performed much better than Collingwood this season. The tagged have been shared between Heeney, Gulden and Warner - that's why they've been so hard to beat as it's impossible to cover all three of them.
yeah i’m well aware that other players get tagged mate but it’s not as if naicos is the only person who’s always getting tagged. having an accountable midfield also isn’t “tagging” its team defence, which is what happened on friday.

Crazy to think that 1 game of team defense and all the Diacos lovers lose their marbles. Kids a bloody good player but if the best way to nullify him is to do what Essendon showed on Friday night he wont be even the best player of this decade.
Crazy to think that when GOATcos isnt standout BOG that this thread is bumped.

He was again one of the Pies better performers, was in AFLCA votes...and is now 11 votes ahead of the Bont, and just 8 behind Heeney.

Even his contemporary, GAJ, when at his absolute peak wasnt BOG every single week. And 3rd-4th-5th year GAJ was an inconsistent flanker who drifted in an out of games.

Imagine if any other 3rd year player produced a 12 clearance, 17 contested possession and 31 disposal game...they would be lauded. GOATcos a victim of his own outrageous standards that when he does that, people see fit to lay the boots in!

Crazy to think that when GOATcos isnt standout BOG that this thread is bumped.

He was again one of the Pies better performers, was in AFLCA votes...and is now 11 votes ahead of the Bont, and just 8 behind Heeney.

Even his contemporary, GAJ, when at his absolute peak wasnt BOG every single week. And 3rd-4th-5th year GAJ was an inconsistent flanker who drifted in an out of games.

Imagine if any other 3rd year player produced a 12 clearance, 17 contested possession and 31 disposal game...they would be lauded. GOATcos a victim of his own outrageous standards that when he does that, people see fit to lay the boots in!
Literally 12 of them were kicks off the deck or smothered. He was garbage and you all know it.

McRae just doing his usual
bill hader suck it GIF

13 effective disposals out of that 31 . He might have been collingwoods best player on the night, but wasn't in the top 5 on the field .

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The pain runs deep in Carlton supporters when it comes to Nick. It is a beautiful thing. Every time, Carlton supporters post in this thread it just adds to their insane jealousy over a 21-year-old. Some would say it is sick, some would say it is demented, some would say it is weird, I just think it is damn funny. Some Carlton posters have even admitted in other threads how highly they rate Daicos but are just here to troll. That is really sad to be honest.

AFLCA

Coach A
5 Merrett
4 McKay/ Caldwell
3 Crisp/McGrath
2 Sidey/ND
1 Pendles/McKay

Coach B
5 Merrett
4 McKay/Caldwell
3Crisp/ McGrath
2 Sidey/ND
1 Pendles/McKay

Reasonable assessment

I would have had Sidey and ND as Collingwoods best and only given votes to Sidey but it’s a pretty fair assessment. No on should argue with it.

The pain runs deep in Carlton supporters when it comes to Nick. It is a beautiful thing. Every time, Carlton supporters post in this thread it just adds to their insane jealousy over a 21-year-old. Some would say it is sick, some would say it is demented, some would say it is weird, I just think it is damn funny. Some Carlton posters have even admitted in other threads how highly they rate Daicos but are just here to troll. That is really sad to be honest.
Bit like Fadge, yourself, Corn Cobbers etc etc in every Carlton related thread for the last 5 years? Demented is a good choice of words for describing it.

AFLCA

Coach A
5 Merrett
4 McKay/ Caldwell
3 Crisp/McGrath
2 Sidey/ND
1 Pendles/McKay

Coach B
5 Merrett
4 McKay/Caldwell
3Crisp/ McGrath
2 Sidey/ND
1 Pendles/McKay

Reasonable assessment

I would have had Sidey and ND as Collingwoods best and only given votes to Sidey but it’s a pretty fair assessment. No on should argue with it.
He had 13 effective disposal...

Yes that it… we’re jealous 😳.

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Bit like Fadge, yourself, Corn Cobbers etc etc in every Carlton related thread for the last 5 years? Demented is a good choice of words for describing it.

Actually, I have not been in many Carlton threads over the years to be honest except the Collingwood vs Carlton Banter thread. you may want to check out posts such as the below I have started.

I can acknowledge champions of our game. I am not that person who trolls to gain attention. It is really sad.
By the way the best 10 players I have seen in my time watching football (close to 60 years), not one of them is a Collingwood player. I acknowledge greats of the game no matter who they play for. As a Collingwood supporter I am blessed to sit down and watch a young player like Daicos play. There are some really sad cheap trolls in this thread. It is Bay 13 rubbish.

Exactly, you have no idea, but you will rush each week to analyse Nicks stats each week. Too busy trying to pick Nick apart and not focussing on your own champions. Extremely sad.
No, I know the game you're talking about, I just wanted you to say the game vs Geelong... Where we won by 63 points lmao.

Daicos had 13 effective touches in a loss and Spud McRae is still handing him charity votes despite being borderline BOG for the opposition.

No, I know the game you're talking about, I just wanted you to say the game vs Geelong... Where we won by 63 points lmao.

Daicos had 13 effective touches in a loss and Spud McRae is still handing him charity votes despite being borderline BOG for the opposition.

Check out Cripps stats for the last 3 years when he has received coaches' votes in correlation to disposal efficiency. You spend your time rushing to Nick Daicos stats to pick apart a 21-year-old due to the club he plays for. It is beyond sad

Back