Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Can Nick Daicos be the AFL's GOAT

• Yes

Votes: 160 28.5%
  • No

Votes: 402 71.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll take that as a yes. Which is why Fly's charity votes earlier in the year are as blasphemous as posters said they were.

Makes the award a farce.
You haven't answered the question about the likely larger discrepancy between the votes awarded to Cripps by Voss, compared to those awarded to him by opposition coaches, as has been highlighted in this very thread, in response to your ridiculous claims.

So, what are your thoughts?

You haven't answered the question about the likely larger discrepancy between the votes awarded to Cripps by Voss, compared to those awarded to him by opposition coaches, as has been highlighted in this very thread, in response to your ridiculous claims.

So, what are your thoughts?
I've seen a few references to it but can't remember any of said data. If you'd like to show me some specific examples I'll gladly have a look.

Fly showed his cards in the coaches votes vs Carlton, was one of the most laughable instances of bias or favouritism you'll ever see.

Voss did Daicos dirty. He was the best player on the winning side. Should he have gotten the 5? Likely not, but he definitely should've been at the 2 - 3 mark. Saying Fly made a mockery of it and ignoring Voss' votes makes no sense. Cripps's stats and influence were almost identical to Daicos, except his side lost.
Cripps influence was a pretty clear BOG. Recognized by Pies fans, Blues fans and neutrals alike on the day. Nicky played a decent game but shrunk in the last quarter when the game ramped up, one could easily argue he wasn't in the top 5 players that day but Cripps was without a doubt BOG that game. Did Nicky probably deserve 1-2? Sure... But 5? Completely farcical.

Cripps influence was a pretty clear BOG. Recognized by Pies fans, Blues fans and neutrals alike on the day. Nicky played a decent game but shrunk in the last quarter when the game ramped up, one could easily argue he wasn't in the top 5 players that day but Cripps was without a doubt BOG that game. Did Nicky probably deserve 1-2? Sure... But 5? Completely farcical.
Right, so you're saying McRae gave him a couple of charity votes and that Voss ripped him off a couple of votes, assumedly favouring Cripps. So it worked out square?

Right, so you're saying McRae gave him a couple of charity votes and that Voss ripped him off a couple of votes, assumedly favouring Cripps. So it worked out square?
That was a single game. McRae clearly did it on numerous occasions where the general public was left totally bemused how he got any votes at all for games he wasn't even close to the best.

That was a single game. McRae clearly did it on numerous occasions where the general public was left totally bemused how he got any votes at all for games he wasn't even close to the best.

I regularly walked past people stopped in their tracks with gaping mouths. The streets were abuzz with bemusement.

Cripps had zero influence for most of the game. Daicos was massive in the first when the game was on the line, Cripps was massive in the final quarter, but the game was over. I would've put Hewitt as BOG. He dominated clearances and was involved in more scores from memory. Cripps goes above Daicos as he almost pulled off a miracle, but only just. One quarter doesn't make up for the first three. I'm not even sure he touched it in the second quarter?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You really do have a whole world of befuddled fans in your head muttering about Nick ****ing Daicos, don't you?
Daicos will do WalshistheGOAT's head in over the next dozen seasons.

By the time his career is done, Walshy won't know whether he's Arthur or Martha.

He'll be spending the next dozen years explaining away voting biases that result in individual awards for Daicos, umpiring biases that result in premierships for Daicos, in the same way he has since the start of his career.

It's going to be a beautiful thing.

Daicos will do WalshistheGOAT's head in over the next dozen seasons.

By the time his career is done, Walshy won't know whether he's Arthur or Martha.

He'll be spending the next dozen years explaining away voting biases that result in individual awards for Daicos, umpiring biases that result in premierships for Daicos, i the same way he has since the start of his career.
It's going to be a beautiful thing.
I don't need to worry about Nicky winning too many individual awards, you've told us all over and over again for the past 4-5 years that they are meaningless if your team's missing finals. Given the future looks rather bleak down at Pieland, if you all want to hang your hats on Nicky winning some individual awards while languishing down the bottom of the ladder with the soon to be retirement village residents then you have my approval to do so!

This coming from a Pies fan who probably thinks Nicky is already the GOAT :tearsofjoy:
There is only one befuddled fan in my head. Befuddled as I can't explain how the **** he does what he does.

But nah, he's not GOAT yet. Pendles is Collingwood's GOAT for the sheer excellence for so bloody long - Nick's not even close yet for even our club let alone the league. The thing is though, Nick at 21 has already gone past Pendles's peak. Pretty scary for those with a chorus of muttering voices in their head looking to knock him.

muttermuttermutter****ingDaicosmuttermutterflyriggingmuttermuttersquibmuttermuttermutter

Even some of your own supporters were saying the same after the Carlton game when Flybagger gave him 5 votes. I believe the quotes were along the lines of "playing Hinkley levels of coaches vote favouritism". Made the award a farce this year and no doubt he'll ride him all the way home with 2 more 5 voters the last fortnight.

Hopefully Goodwin gave Nicky a big fat 0 to even things up after his blatant stat padding performance vs the Dees last week.
LOL

You are seriously going to pissed with how many accolades this bloke gets through out his career.

Glorious!

I'm not too worried
I wouldn't bother mate, when Pie supporters aren't stealing Mercedes and crashing them, they're obsessively typing and putting undue pressure on a kid 🤣

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Back