Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Can Nick Daicos be the AFL's GOAT

• Yes

Votes: 160 28.5%
  • No

Votes: 402 71.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I wouldn't bother mate, when Pie supporters aren't stealing Mercedes and crashing them, they're obsessively typing and putting undue pressure on a kid šŸ¤£
That's the thing for me, and it's not just Collingwood supporters doing it, it's also the media.

Sure, praise him by all means, but don't go overboard (eg this thread and certain media commentators) - all it does is put high expectations, and as you said undue pressure, on someone who is still just a kid.

Just let him play, and keep a lid on the over the top accolades and drooling - save that for later in his career.

I hope he is getting good support, advice and guidance - which you would think he is, given his pedigree.

I wouldn't bother mate, when Pie supporters aren't stealing Mercedes and crashing them, they're obsessively typing and putting undue pressure on a kid šŸ¤£
Now that he has won the prestigious ABC best player award, it's the skies the limit from here on in. Have they updated Wiki yet ?

Now that he has won the prestigious ABC best player award, it's the skies the limit from here on in. Have they updated Wiki yet ?
"The ABC is Australia's most trusted source for news and information. For more than 90 years it has ensured audiences are informed and educated with impartial coverage..."

Seems pretty unarguable when you look at that.

Wins the coaches award by 4 votes... Imagine if Flybagger didn't give him a charity 5 voter vs the Blues.
Or if as you pointed out Voss didn't rig it by not giving him the votes he deserved in that game.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So many offended Blues fans in here. It's so good to see that a 21 yr old pisses so many people off.
Cripps 0/2 so far. Hopefully he can win the Brownlow so the Blosers have something to celebrate after all theyā€™ve worked for

And doesnā€™t even rank in the Top 3 of the Players MVP award. LOL
Leigh Matthews Trophy (MVP)
1. Marcus Bontempelli
2. Patrick Cripps
3. Isaac Heeney
4. Nick Daicos
5. Jesse Hogan

2 x 29 year olds
2 x 28 year olds
1 x 21 year old

Yep, heā€™s such a LOL player. Give me a spell

Just to take this theory to its extreme. Lets assume Fly is rorting the system. Lets assume he is inflating Daicos's games and awarding votes he doesnt deserve every chance he gets. Lets assume that in any match where Daicos votes its the least possible amount of votes he gets from one coach is what he really deserves and wherever this occurs its the opposition coach giving Daicos the lesser amount (even where the alternative is another Collingwood player) because we know McRae is cheating every chance he gets.

I think that sums up the postulation a good number of posters are going at, all be it in the above senario McRae is going full rort.

Now lets look at the games where Daicos has got votes and what the possible break down is

Round Zero 2-0
Round One 4-1 or 3-2
Round Three 3-2
Round Six 5-3
Round Eight 5-5
Round Nine 5-5
Round Ten 5-5
Round Eleven 5-4
Round Twelve 4-4
Round Fourteen 5-2
Round Sixteen 5-3 or 4-4
Round Seventeen 2-0

So lets makes the real Daicos votes those which are the lower amount in any game, the ones we "know" the oppo coach gave and then remove the cheating Fly additional votes.

That would take away the following votes starting at round zero 2,2,1,2,0,0,0,1,0,3,2,2. Where there are two possible combos I have assumed the bigger margin cause Fly we know wanted to cheat as much as possible.

Thats 15 votes, so now we know Nick should be on 69 votes not 84. If Fly wasnt so crooked then Neale and Gulden would be ahead of Nick by 2 votes and Warner only 1 behind.

Still that doesn't seem right because we know Nick shouldnt be rated anywhere near those 3 let alone the big guns up ahead.

I reckon there is an additional subterfuge going on here. I reckon Fly is slinging some of the other coaches to bump up Nick. Otherwise how could he get so many undeserved votes. Once I have worked out who are the dirty coaches I will start on whose paying the umps.
Can you walk me through how you got those numbers?

For example Round 1 you say 2 but shouldn't it be 3? 4-1?

Appreciate its an old post but this is the page that opened when I clicked on the thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Back