Nick Maxwell's Injury

Remove this Banner Ad

There might be a Collingwood clause in there somewhere ;)

Nah, surely thats not the case mate. Nowadays it seems to not matter what kind of language you're using or whether you're clearly trolling or not on this board, being involved in the so called "Saints/Pies" shitfights is a far more heinous crime.

How about this.

I can't think of a player who has been personally responsible for TWO rule changes as a result of his unprincipled filth.

First his cowardly snipe in a practice match, "geez he's within 5 metres then I'm sweet to maim him, even though it's utterly unneccessary to the passage of play"

And lest we forget the "standup bloke" as some deluded Collingbogan put it invented the highly sportsmanlike tactic of blindsiding the man on the mark as soon as play on was called.

Filthy little prick must spend half his life trying to find ways to snipe which are "within the rules".

Have a big cry loser.

I think we can safely add 'karma' to the list of concepts not understood by Pie fans
karma means action and fruit of karma means consequence. this is understood in relation to the concepts of interdependence/dependent origination. it is a metaphysical doctrine. "This arises. That becomes."

unfortunately for the bitter and hysterical opposition supporters squealing "karma!" in this thread, karma is not an arbiter of justice for wrongs committed on the footy field.

so, now you know, mateship. :):thumbsu:

This karma stuff makes me laugh... Using the karma theory, then chris dudd is going to have his eyes ripped out by a pride of lions, the Bruce lee will come back from the dead to do the 'death touch' on him.

And Barry hall will have his head knocked off his shoulders at least five times, and I'd rather not think about what John hopoate has coming!

And all the people saying that Maxwell deserves his injuries should be very worried about the health and safety of their loved ones, because me thinks if this karma stuff is real, then those people have some bad stuff coming their way...

He's already been offered a reprimand, don't think we will challenge it, although we should.

Man the main board has become troll infested lately.

Embley's bump on Maxwell was excellent, and unfortunately resulted in an injury.
Maxwell's bump on McGinnity a few years back was also excellent, but also resulted in an injury.

I always think, if you wouldn't want your own teams player suspended for a hit, you shouldn't complain when it happens against you. It's a contact sport, get over it.

Nice to see that not all West Coast supporters are flogs! Good post and pretty much on the money. Maxwell and the bulk of Pies supporters are quite happy that it was a fair play and the injury was accidental.

The shove into the ground after the free has been paid wasn't tough at all, it was a cheap shot against Rooke & he wasn't in any position to do anything about, being pinned on the ground after the tackle & all that. It's those sort of actions that get Maxwell the reputation that he has with opposition supporters which is a pity as he's a player who at times shows a great deal of courage.

No, Maxwell's reputation with flogs is bad. Knowledgeable supporters love his hardness and know he plays fair but thanks for your comment... flog!

Nice bluff, but we all know that Maxwell hit was pathetic and the reason the rules were changed. To stop "hard men" of the game sniping ball players.

Maxwell got what he deserves. Face facts pies supporters.

In typical Collingwood style you guys try to turn it into something other than what the thread is about. NO it's not about everyone's hatred for Collingwood ('cos I dont dislike Collingwood with a passion like most) or jealousy over the premiership. You deserved it! Its about Maxwell taking what he dished out.

/close thread
Actually we all know that Maxwell's shepherd was executed to perfection and the head clash was an accidental repercussion. The rules were changed because it was felt that accidental injuries of the kind that McGinity sustained need to be avoided where possible even though Maxwell's shepherd was at the time completely legal. That's why the suspension was overturned. Strangely, contact tends to happen in a contact sport but then, we only need to explain that to flogs like you who really don't understand how the game is played. Maxwell got what he got as a part of the game. I don't see too many pies supporters having a cry like your kind. The fact is it just shows that people like you have no class whatsoever and would prefer if the game was played with bibs and skirts.

Nicks Twitter on the bump...

"Just saw Embley's bump - what a ripper! Perfect execution. Good 2 C the bump is still alive (just no fun on the receiving end - ha ha). That's footy!"

well tweeted or twitted :thumbsu:

I don't agree with a lot of Pie supporters since there flag, as some have clearly become twin dicks...however anyone that doesn't appreciate what he has done and his Captaincy is utter FLOG worthy...

Actually, by definition, karma is generally understood to be applicable to the next life, not the current.

If Maxwell is due any karma he won't receive it now.

He might actually be getting karma for his last past life/lives. The concept is that it all adds up over past, present and future to be equal.

So maybe this is bad karma for winning the premiership last year (good karma) or for something he did 1000 years ago.

He might actually be getting karma for his last past life/lives. The concept is that it all adds up over past, present and future to be equal.

So maybe this is bad karma for winning the premiership last year (good karma) or for something he did 1000 years ago.
Or maybe he just got injured playing footy! :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My take is that Premiership Captain Maxwell got hit fairly and squarely, just happened to be in a rather nasty place that is usually protected. The Artist formally known as Norm Smith Medallist Andrew Embley, now known as turnover merchant Andrew Embley shouldn't even been reprimanded. In a way it is Premiership Captain Maxwell's fault for not protecting himself in a clash where it is reasonable to assume contact and where he had time to protect himself by turning his body quicker or indeed by pulling out. However Premiership Captain Maxwell is made of sterner stuff than that and that's sometimes what you get.

Either way karma is a load of rubbish. Merely a nursery rhyme for the gullible and insecure.

I Love Karma calls. How silly would you have to be to buy that crap? It's clear there is no price to be paid in a current life based on innumerable examples so the Jews and the strains that come off that latch onto the afterlife as the payback vehicle while the Buddhists translate it into their belief system as karma. It's just a human invention for behaviour control.

Life is just life, footy is just footy. Nick got hurt because he plays footy. He didn't deserve it or not deserve it - it just happened and he accepts it. Once again Nick's character comes to the fore. No wonder he captains the country's most important sporting institution.

All these ladies squealing about 'karma' just wish they had a player with Maxwell's grit. You don't.
Waters_pose09_246a.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Nick Maxwell's Injury

Remove this Banner Ad

Back