Preview NO CHANGE - Grand Final v West Coast Eagles, Saturday at MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

If Moore is to come in can only see two players be potential make way...

Aish or (less likely) Goldsack.

We’ll see.

If no change

Can see these four named as emergencies:

Moore, Reid, Madgen, Brown.

Speculation to last moments will be does Moore jump in at last moments?

Ps also expect besides the four named as emergencies tonight a few others will fully prepare just in case of last minute injury (never mind the fine).

Moore is a great fit for Kennedy and can also take the resting Vardy/Lycett. This frees up Goldy to take Darling. I love that match up. I don't like Goldy on Kennedy & Howe on Darling. So Moore has a duel effect and gets some nicer match ups. From there Langdon & Howe can be real intercepting defender threats or do a job on Cripps.

This is a tough call for match committee. Big risk either way. If included and he breaks down its a disaster, if he is excluded and Kennedy/Darling takes us to the cleaners its a disaster.
The sweet voice of reason.

Sier has so much plus side he’s not even picked as player 20,21,22 but a lock and a solid lock.

Terrific in traffic.

Booming kicks to space (so players can run on to it) and super quick smart handballs.

A great stat on On the couch during the week showing Sier is already getting numbers equivalent to other big body mids such as Cripps and Kennedy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is no way Goldsack is getting dropped. That would not be good for team morale. The only person who may come out of the current 22 is Howe if he doesn't pull up. I have a feeling if Howe doesn't come up that Reid will probably come in. Bucks last week said Moore still has a way to go.

Why is there rumours about Goldy? Have I missed something?
Form related.

Kennedy got the best of him in week 1, just kick inaccurately 2 goals 4 behinds. Cameron likewise kicked 1 goal 3 behind. And obviously Riewoldt smashed him last week.

Plus Goldsack hasn't played much this year due to injury. Goldsack is as much of a risk being underdone than Moore & Reid imo.

As much as it sucks, in my opinion, someone needs to make way for Moore.

He is simply too good a matchup for Kennedy. Although Goldy did a decent job on him for 3 Q's in the QF, he got off the chain a bit in the 4th Q and essentially got them back into the game when it looked like we were going to push away with it. Simply can't allow that to happen again.

I love the romanticism of keeping the same squad, but logic needs to dictate selection this week, and logic suggests Moore is a significantly better matchup for Kennedy than Goldsack. Think Aish will make way and Goldy will take Darling. Left Howe/Crisp run riot in defense.

Absolutely sucks but is what it is...

We're better off on Saturday with an extra tall (if we had a fit one, ready to go, with a low chance or injury recurrence).

The prospect of a Moore that can play out the entire game is tantalising, simply because of how effective he could be against Kennedy.

Going on his 2018 history, match conditioning, and what the coach has said so far, it's very unlikely he'll be picked. If the club goes that way, they'll only get support from me no matter the result.

Reid is also an injury risk (but maybe less so). On the flipside he doesn't match Moore's speed and has even less match conditioning.

In the end the club will take a punt regardless, as sticking with the current 22 is also a risk. Is it the smallest risk?

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview NO CHANGE - Grand Final v West Coast Eagles, Saturday at MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back