No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boooo

GREENE GUILTY

12.32pm:
After deliberating for 44 minutes, the AFL Tribunal has found Toby Greene GUILTY of making intentional contact with umpire Matt Stevic. The jury is satisfied that the contact was aggressive, demonstrative and disrespectful. The Tribunal will now debate what the appropriate penalty for Greene should be.

Asking for 6 - I'm surprised, but glad that's the position.

My guess was originally 2 but can't see that now, more like 4-5.

Acts a deterrent to others, and hopefully (finally) rams it home to him that he needs to change his approach to the game. He's a great player, probably one of the top 20 in the comp, so don't do yourself, your club and the game a disservice by continuing to screw up like this.

Asking for 6 - I'm surprised, but glad that's the position.

My guess was originally 2 but can't see that now, more like 4-5.

Acts a deterrent to others, and hopefully (finally) rams it home to him that he needs to change his approach to the game. He's a great player, probably one of the top 20 in the comp, so don't do yourself, your club and the game a disservice by continuing to screw up like this.

He'll never accept he's done anything wrong.

12.54pm: The Tribunal's jury will now deliberate once again, this time on a penalty. The AFL is arguing for a minimum six-match suspension, while Toby Greene's camp is arguing for a fine in the region of $20-25,000. We'll have an outcome soon.

It's softies like you who are encouraging such disrespect among the younger generation.

Look, public execution crossed my mind, but I'd settle for all his victims repaying him in kind. I'd suggest Dahl wear ice-skates though, and Bont grow his nails for about 6 months. And Caleb be allowed a fill- in for the head punch, say Barry Hall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1 week more than I expected. I had assumed the AFL would allow for the possibility of a fairytale ending - returning to the side to help GWS lift the cup.

This way he's not playing until next year. Maybe not until Rd 3.

His representation is saying he should just get a fine because the media has been mean to him
He may have even gotten it down to a fine if he'd turned around straight after it happened and apologised, but the truth is he still doesn't think he did anything wrong and plead not guilty accordingly.

A guilty plea and showing some remorse, who knows?

Grub said repeatedly in his evidence and the club statement (as if he's the author of a sentence more than 3 words long!), it was an "accident" and wasn't aware of contact. Both outright lies as he walked straight at a stationary person with the obvious intent to make contact. Umpire is not obliged to move, and every other player acknowledged his position by walking around him. Green is just a deadset f***ing moron. And so is that idiotic coach of his. Back your player once, maybe twice, but with repeat behaviour you have to distance yourself surely. Not brainiac Leon Cameron. As the doco earlier this year showed, he's really a sh1t coach handed talented players on a platter, and now also proves a complete lack any awareness. F*** the 2 of them, they deserve each other. I know it will never happen, but at future past players, Bont, Dahl and Daniel should call Cameron out as an enabler of a f***wit and tell him to go **** himself.

Greene misses half a week (0.5 weeks ban) on average across 22 tribunal charges. That is the opposite of him being taxed. I'd love to see the rate for other players per 22 tribunal appearances. The bloke is just a moron who asks for trouble and fails to learn from his **** ups.

#TobyTax is dumb

Grub said repeatedly in his evidence and the club statement (as if he's the author of a sentence more than 3 words long!), it was an "accident" and wasn't aware of contact. Both outright lies as he walked straight at a stationary person with the obvious intent to make contact. Umpire is not obliged to move, and every other player acknowledged his position by walking around him. Green is just a deadset f***ing moron. And so is that idiotic coach of his. Back your player once, maybe twice, but with repeat behaviour you have to distance yourself surely. Not brainiac Leon Cameron. As the doco earlier this year showed, he's really a sh1t coach handed talented players on a platter, and now also proves a complete lack any awareness. F*** the 2 of them, they deserve each other. I know it will never happen, but at future past players, Bont, Dahl and Daniel should call Cameron out as an enabler of a f***wit and tell him to go **** himself.

Yep, and in comparison. Sydney gave Barry Hall several warnings and then shunted him out, despite it hurting the club.

Yep, and in comparison. Sydney gave Barry Hall several warnings and then shunted him out, despite it hurting the club.

Agree, but they could probably afford to as they'd won their flag, he was well over 30, and damaging their brand. Not sure GWS/Greene care about brand, as they're under-written by AFL coffers.

The whole “Toby is being victimised!” rubbish they came out with after he was caught eye gouging Bontempelli - and even after he got away with it - was one of the most ridiculous and nauseating things I’ve ever seen.

His answer to the questions today - specifically “Would you apologise if you bumped someone on the street?” or whatever it was was in the same vein.

He is a brilliant footballer. He is also a thug, supremely arrogant, a smart ass, and dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back