No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pathetic game. Demons were always going to beat either next week.

Glad to see it'll be the cats

sLFOPJH.jpg

Congratulations on making the Grand Final, Melbourne.

Buckle up Geelong, 11 players over 30 and scraped together a five goal win against basically a team of kids 😂

Not sure if should be hear or in game review thread … Should Joe Daniher’s very late bump on Duryea in the marking contest be looked at for charging? It was only through luck that he doesn’t collect a Duryea high in which case he would be missing multiple weeks.

Not sure if should be hear or in game review thread … Should Joe Daniher’s very late bump on Duryea in the marking contest be looked at for charging? It was only through luck that he doesn’t collect a Duryea high in which case he would be missing multiple weeks.
Should be worth a fine, no eyes on the footy. Surely a worse action than Gardner's fine last week.

I couldn't believe the commentators didn't even acknowledge it, they replayed it about 3 or 4 times and not word was spoken about it. it's the same with missed frees for us, i question myself sometimes, are we watching the same game, i can't possibly be that biased surely, i like to think i'm pretty fair generally and i get that umps will make mistakes, it's the lack of acknowledgement by the media of these things that just encourages the freekick bulldogs narrative.
It's honestly insulting to listen to fox or 7 as a Dogs fan, even our ex players just toe the party line for fear of being seen as biased when that is all there is in the commentary box most of the time.

I couldn't believe the commentators didn't even acknowledge it, they replayed it about 3 or 4 times and not word was spoken about it. it's the same with missed frees for us, i question myself sometimes, are we watching the same game, i can't possibly be that biased surely, i like to think i'm pretty fair generally and i get that umps will make mistakes, it's the lack of acknowledgement by the media of these things that just encourages the freekick bulldogs narrative.
It's honestly insulting to listen to fox or 7 as a Dogs fan, even our ex players just toe the party line for fear of being seen as biased when that is all there is in the commentary box most of the time.
Just watched again and maybe Daniher could argue Keath nudges him but it’s a stretch.

At least they mentioned Zorko being an idiot for swinging his arm back at Bailey Smith after marking right on the boundary.

If anybody wants a laugh I recommend going to Carltons board to read about Clarkson. Their aura of arrogance is truly remarkable.

My favourite part was on Friday when one "in the know" poster was saying Clarkson was having a meeting next week, meanwhile another "in the know" poster 30mins later saying that Clarkson had just arrived at Ikon Park for a meeting.

Also recommend going through the archives back to last year when they were convinced they were getting Lachie Hunter, Clayton Oliver and Zac Williams for a late first. Best part was when they were wondering if Hunter would be Best 22.

Can someone please explain to me why Daniher is considered a quality tall forward?

Never seen it myself.

Got the scoop

Lachie Neale is requesting a trade back to Freo

Confirmed by his godfather

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adding Neale puts Freo right in the finals mix for next season. Darcy finished the season injured as did a few others, but they could be the biggest surprise next year

Adding Neale puts Freo right in the finals mix for next season. Darcy finished the season injured as did a few others, but they could be the biggest surprise next year
Yep, and how long is Longmuir's coaching contract? I think he's on the right track, but if it was the standard 3 years it would do him no harm to get a bit of a short term lift adding Neale to the midfield, especially if they lose Cerra anyway. May sway Freo's thinking a little.

Just realised someone reckons we are into an injured ruckman - would love Darcy at the club. For Lippy and JJ(wrong thread I know)?
Wouldn't it be nice, but no way would Freo entertain a trade involving Darcy. If it was him, offering Lipinski + JJ would get us laughed out of the room. If I were a Freo fan, I wouldn't even be happy with Dogs 1st + Lipinski + JJ. I'd go the pisstake route and ask for English or Naughton in return

Wouldn't it be nice, but no way would Freo entertain a trade involving Darcy. If it was him, offering Lipinski + JJ would get us laughed out of the room. If I were a Freo fan, I wouldn't even be happy with Dogs 1st + Lipinski + JJ. I'd go the pisstake route and ask for English or Naughton in return
You are absolutely right, I allowed myself to get carried away there. In my defense its been that kind of weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back